Italy in World War 2
World War 2 was also known as a global war, a war that many countries were involved in. It took place from 1939-1945. It included most of the countries great powers, like China, Japan, The Soviet Union, Italy, and Germany. The war was mostly made up of two different sides the Allies and the Axis. The allies consisted of England, France, China, The Soviet Union, and the US. While the Axis were made up of Germany, Italy, and Japan. As you can see the Soviet Union changed sides during the war.
Italy joined World War 2 in 1939. In the beginning Italy wasn’t planning to join the war. They weren’t going to declare war until France appeared weak, and that it could be invaded. This made Italy unprepared in the beginning because the Italian General Staff wasn’t excepting to declare war so early. She wasn’t ready for the battles in the Mediterranean and in The Soviet Union. Her army was weak and they were still being trained. Italy’s experience with the war was disastrous since they were so used to fighting short wars.
A man named Mussolini made a huge difference on Italy during World War Two. Mussolini was born in July 29, 1883 and died April 28, 1945. He was named after a Mexican president named Benito Juarez. During these 62 years he had many accomplishments. During 1921, Mussolini created many tactics to suit the different circumstances to seize political power as fast as possible. This helped him become in charge of Italy’s government quickly. His tactics were made to give him more control over the country. These tactics were, police terror, brainwashing, persecution, and propaganda.
In the beginning, Mussolini was considered the best in everything, the country be...
... middle of paper ...
...nel Valerio. After many years of excel, this man laid dead, a martyr, a hard worker, and a traitor. As you can see Mussolini was one of the greatest men in the Italian history, he made a huge difference in the past and the future, with his great ideas and propagandas that he gave to the Italian government and the people.
1. "Italy in WWII." Spark Notes. Spark Notes, n.d. Web. 15 Feb. 2014.
2. Shmoop Editorial Team. "Benito Mussolini in World War II." Shmoop.com. Shmoop University, Inc., 11 Nov. 2008. Web. 13 Feb. 2014.
3. "Italy in World War II." History Net Where History Comes Alive World US History Online Italy in World War II Comments. N.p., n.d. Web. 15 Feb. 2014.
4. "Italy WW2 Events Timeline." Italy WW2 Events Timeline. N.p., n.d. Web. 15 Feb. 2014.
5. "Benito Mussolini (1883-1945)." Benito Mussolini (1883-1945). N.p., n.d. Web. 15 Feb. 2014.