Why Was The American Revolution Wrong

1717 Words4 Pages
The American Revolution was a huge step for America becoming itself. Many fights and battles took place for this revolution to succeed. The American Revolution was the beginning of our lives as Americans. The French and Indian war ended with the Treaty of Paris. That treaty officially ended the war. The Treaty of Paris stated that England gets the land from the Mississippi River to the Atlantic Ocean. France also received the lands from Louisiana to the Missouri River Valley, and all the way to the Rocky Mountains. The Land was known as the Louisiana purchase. England, being so far away needed a way to control the colonies and to not make the Indians mad. This made the king pass the Proclamation of 1763, which stated that the colonists could…show more content…
It stated that a government should be by and for the people and if not by and for the people, the people should abolish that government. Declaration of Independance Part four stated what the king did wrong. There were many things the king did wrong that upset the colonists. Things the king did wrong was that he cut off world trade, did not elect a president, did not allow world trade, quartered soldiers and declared martial law. Part five was what the colonists did right. The things the colonists did right was they claimed land for the king, fought in the military and payed taxes for the king. Part six was taking action. The colonists declared independence from england. That meant that they would not be ruled by England. The next action they took, was asking for help from France to fight the British. The revolution by the Americans was not very widely supported. Only 30% of the population supported the patriots, while the other 70% either liked the tories or nothing at all. In New York and Virginia there were many tories, because there was large trade going on. The British had the best army, the money the they had could produce the finest mercenary army which was well trained. There plan was to create a large, bloody and public battle to shape up the
Open Document