Wal-Mart - The Corporate Enemy During the last 20 years, Wal-Mart has moved into many areas wiping out all the stores around causing people to loose jobs, slashing the tax base and causing many more disturbing problems to neighborhoods so people should stop supporting Wal-Mart for many of these reasons. Always low prices, does this sound familiar? Well this would be the slogan of the world’s most controlling company; Wal-Mart. Wal-Mart grew over the years into a 256 billion dollar company after making its name across the world in 1915. The major problem with Wal-Mart is that it maintains its own mini-economy.
Every year about 5 million people die from a water related crisis. Whether it be dirty water or no water at all. People who live in countries like the United States of America don 't think about the growing water problem. Most of them have all the water they could ever ask for, but that 's not the case in most countries around the world. 1.2 billion people in the world don 't have clean drinking water.
Kachur, Lewis. “Collage.” Grove Art Online. Oxford Art Online. 5 Nov. 2009. Stern, Fred.
PDF. World Bank. Disarmament, Demobilization and Reintegration. N.p. : World Bank, Feb. 2009.
We can not afford this; water shortages already ravage the majority of the world: “If per-capita water consumption continues to rise at current rates, humans will take more than 90 percent of all available fresh water by 2025, leaving only 10 percent of the earth’s fresh water for all animals and plants on the planet” (Cooper, Water Shortage). Even the water that is available to humans is often not clean enough to safely drink: “Outbreaks of cholera and other waterborne diseases kill 10 million people each year” (Cooper, Water Quality). Cooper acknowledged that“1.1 billion people worldwide lack access to safe drinking water... ... middle of paper ... ...rectly or indirectly discharged into the River Ganga” (KUMAR 12). In the analysis of the water countless amounts of harmful bacteria were found among them; Salmonella Typhi which causes Typhoid fever in men, B subtilis which can contaminate wounds and, Clostridium perfringens the main bacteria behind gangrene and food poisoning (KUMAR 8).These harmful bacteria have claimed numerous lives and yet the river is still being used for drinking and bathing. .
Available http://savethearctic.com/arctic.asp “Senate Rejects Arctic Refuge Drilling Amendment.” U.S. PIRG Online Newsroom 18 April 2002. Online. Internet. 19 April 2002. Available http://uspirg.org/uspirgnewsroom.asp “America Should Reject Big Oil’s Tired Old Tune.” Press Statement: The Wilderness Society.
The Slate Group, 28 Aug. 2008. Web. 13 May 2011. Schorn, Daniel, ed. The Debate On Lowering The Drinking Age.