Walgreens Case Analysis

1232 Words5 Pages
Every entrepreneur and business owner have the same dreams to own successful businesses, revolutionize the marketplaces, and develop high quality life for each generation. Leaders are trailblazers in their companies and no one know the internal structure and company current situations like they do; therefore, they have responsibility to think deeper for their companies’ strategies. As Cynthia Montgomery illustrates in the book, The Strategist, “A great strategy is more than an aspiration, more than a dream: It’s a system of value creation, a set of mutually reinforcing parts. Anchored by a compelling purpose, it tells you where a company will play, how it will play, and what it will accomplish.” An appropriate strategy is the most important…show more content…
Walgreens, as a new entry in the global market, needs to understand the present global industry condition and make an effective strategy to adapt this situation. As a result, for the future development of the company, the launch of the companies’ long-term strategic partnership was established. The target strategic partnership is Alliance Boots, which was a multinational pharmacy-led health and beauty group. Its market position is similar to Walgreens, so it is easy for Walgreens to analyze and imitate. In 2012, Walgreens acquired a 45 percent equity ownership in Alliance Boots, and then in 2015, the firm acquired the remaining 55 percent of Alliance Boots. After the combination, Alliance Boots formally changed to Walgreens Boots Alliance, and it included four divisions, involving Walgreen Co. (the largest drugstore chain in the United States), Boots (the U.K. and Republic of Ireland’s leading pharmacy-led health and beauty retailer), Pharmaceutical Wholesale and International Retail (including Alliance Healthcare, Europe’s largest pharmaceutical wholesaler), and Global Brands (Walgreens, 2016). Accordingly, this extraordinary step takes the company into the global…show more content…
For promising future development, the main issue of Walgreens is brand recognition. The company tries to promote its positive reputation and brand awareness through community engagement. For example, in 2016, Walgreens cooperates with The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) to create a new approach to support cancer patients in their communities. The collaborations of two companies are devoted to advance cancer therapies and deal with the changing treatment model facing patients with blood and other cancers. As the therapies appear in the market and patients can conduct their disease at home. Moreover, professional pharmacists are always put on the front lines of client care to help advance their
Open Document