preview

The Effects Of Rejection

Good Essays
The human mind is a complex network; the mind also includes thoughts that can be conscious or subconscious. It can be said lies are made to protect something should the truth be too terrible to comprehend. One way to cope is rejection, the supposed truth or idea that will be denied. Rejection will either have been caused or has caused an outside event, such as relationship problems; rejection can also be linked to other emotions, such as fear. To help understand a piece of the human psyche, rejection should be understood to an extent at the least. “Rejection can be defined as the act of pushing someone or something away.” (Good Therapy, Rejection). There can be different types of rejection caused by different events. Found on the same…show more content…
Denial is basically another word for rejection; anger can be a symptom of rejection after being told something “unacceptable” and making an outburst; bargaining to try to reverse what has already happened; depression can be caused by the feeling of being rejected by others. “A person might feel rejected after a significant other ends a relationship… Rejection can also result from life events not involving relationships” (GoodTherapy, Rejection). Everyday life events influence us. The social interactions, peers, morals, people tend to desire involvement. That’s why being rejected can change people, they could either become withdrawn or try to change themselves to fit in. By breaking down the information found on rejection, in this case from the GoodTherapy website, more can be understood. Mental “illnesses” may develop in the long run, such as depression, which might lead to self harm. Everything, the personality more importantly, is stored within the brain and that means other emotions may influence what the mind rejects. When an overwhelming emotion, like anger, influences rational thought someone may not be reasoned with. The topics from the “10 Surprising Facts About Rejection” list…show more content…
However personalities can be sorted into different categories, of course, there are different systems and types. In this instance the personality types from the Myers & Briggs Foundation will be used; the Myers & Briggs Foundation’s test is also called the “16 personalities test”. Each personality consists of four letters. As explained more clearly in the video, “Game Theory: Theorists are KILLERS (Life is Strange)”, each of the four letters have two choices, but without going into detail the focus is on the second letter. About 70% of the global population is classified as “sensing” while the other 30% is classified as “intuition”, although results may change. Sensors will only accept “reality”, the hard evidence. Intuitors are more open minded, they can speculate into something like the future. In history someone can be set with the “evil” title by a majority, however an intuitor could possibly think otherwise. As seen the two types, or letters, influences thought. It can be argued that the “sensing” type will be more likely to reject any ideas not being supported by, most likely, scientific evidence. Something like a theory, excluding scientific theories which are basically laws until proven otherwise, is in fact just a theory and a speculation. The “intuitive” type could try rejecting “set in stone” rules created by others, attempting to prove something
Get Access