preview

Soya Case Study

Powerful Essays
A. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY The project gets initiated with a brief introduction to Soya industry and its market analysis. Since Soya industry is an agro-based industry which depends heavily on South-west monsoon for a better yield, its highly risk-driven due to prevailing natural calamities. Soy bean is a Kharif crop which makes the seed price cheaper during October-March. Sakthi Soya’s only basic raw material being a soya bean, it drives the major cost (80%) for its end-products. Sakthi Soyas generates 80% of its revenue from Refined Soya bean Oil, which depends on Oil market in both global and Indian Scenario. A brief study on standard costing followed in the company is made to get a glimpse of cost constituents of each end-product. The project emphasis on…show more content…
Presently soybean contributes 43 % to the total oilseeds and 25% to the total oil production in the country. Currently, India ranks fourth in respect to production of soybean in the world. Production of soybean in India is dominated by Maharashtra and Madhya Pradesh which contribute to 89 per cent of the total Soybean production in country India has the fifth largest vegetable oil economy in the world and Madhya Pradesh is considered as Soya bowl of the country. After cereals, oilseeds are the second largest agricultural commodity, accounting for the 14% of the gross cropped area in the country. However, country meets its edible oil demand through imports, which accounts for almost 50% of requirement. The per capita consumption of the vegetable oil is increasing very rapidly due to increase in population and improved economic status of the population. Production of soybean in India is dominated by Maharashtra and Madhya Pradesh which contribute 89 per cent of the total production. Rajasthan, Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka, Chhattisgarh, Gujarat & other states contribute the remaining 11 per cent
Get Access