Significant Moment In My Life

Good Essays
As I think back on my life, a few points stand out as significant. The day I graduated high school, the day I moved away from my parents house, and my wedding day. But above all, one of the most significant times I can remember in my life is the day I found out that I was pregnant with our first baby. I remember that when my mother-in-law first told me that she thought I was pregnant I didn 't believe her. I was not sick, I didn 't feel pregnant. She and my fiance were the ones that were getting sick every morning. One morning she handed me a pregnancy test. Reluctantly, I took the test. I didn 't even have to wait the two minutes, the test basically screamed at me that I was, in fact, pregnant. I came out of the bathroom in tears and the…show more content…
I was tired all the time, my feet and my back hurt, and at the end of the day my feet and ankles would be swollen. I felt like I was a turtle on its back when I would try and get out of bed in the morning. Just a few more months and I would be able to hold the baby that was making my body feel so tired. One week before my due date I had a checkup. I went in feeling fine. I had no idea what was about to happen. The doctor checked my cervix and told me that I would not be going home today. I was in labor and I had no idea. I was already dilated to five centimeters. I called my husband who was at work at the time and told him then news. My mother-in-law and I went straight to the hospital and checked me into the O.B. department. They started me on an I.V. and hooked me up to a machine that would monitor my daughter 's heartbeat and my contractions. I was in labor and making phone calls to cancel my baby shower, that was planned for later that day. My mother-in-law was on her phone trying to get ahold of my husbands grandpa. He was away camping with some family members but he really wanted to be here for the birth of his first great-granddaughter. I remember a few hours later that I knew for sure that I was in labor. I was starting to get contractions. The nurses made me walk around the hospital and even though all I wanted to do was lay in bed. I didn 't want an epidural but I did get some pain medicines in my I.V. that helped ease the pain from the contractions. The nurses were waiting for my water to break, but it never did naturally, so the doctor had to break it herself. I was in active labor for about eleven hours by the time I got to hold my beautiful daughter. In the room with me was my mother-in-law, my husband and my husbands grandma. That was the best support team I could have possibly asked for. I would not have been as strong as I was without them holding my hands, helping me. My daughter was
Get Access