Rogers’ Adoption Theory in Automotive Sales the Pharmaceutical Industry
538 Words3 Pages
The Purpose of the study
The purpose of this study is to determine whether the use of sales force automation technology in the pharmaceutical industry and the automotive sales industry is based on Rogers’ Adoption Theory. Also, the purpose of this study is to explore whether the use of this technology by innovators is due to perceived usefulness and ease of use, or whether something else is responsible for motivating salespeople to use this technology.
Questions that can be explored as part of this process include the following:
• Who are these salespeople?
• Why did they choose the field of pharmaceutical sales or automobile sales for their careers?
• How have their personal relationships been affected by the technological demands of the job?
• How have the demands associated with this technology affected the way they perform their jobs?
• Has the technology improved performance and communication throughout the organization?
It is anticipated that the benefits of using the technology will be challenged due to the fact that, in all cases, the technology is being ro...