How Martketers Use Nonverbal Communication to Influence Consumer Decision Making Process
1405 Words6 Pages
• I want to show how marketers use nonverbal communication to influence consumer decision making process
• Consumers don't even realize how heavily their decision making process is influenced by nonverbal communication
• Main Idea Nonverbal communication as a an consumer decision making influencer
• Physical communication
• Signs of communication (mechanical communication)
• Aesthetic communication
• Symbols of communication
• Supporting Material
• Experiments performed
• Other researches information
• Consumer Decision making process and nonverbal communication directly connected.
• Babin/Harris CB5
• Professor Constanzo. Consumer Behavior Class, MK-301-02
Components of Nonverbal Communication
Voice: Paralanguage, paralinguistics, vocalics
Body Movement: Kinesics
Illustrators, Emblems, Adaptors (Self, Alter or Other, Object)
Expression of emotion
5 Primary Affects (Happiness, Sadness, Fear,
Anger, Surprise) Disgust/Contempt
Intimate 0 - 18”
Personal 11/2 – 4’
Social 4 – 12’
Public 12 - 25+
Space: Personal Space
Dress: Object Language, Objectics
Vladimir Nabokov - novelist
“Nothing revives the past so completely as a smell that was once associated with it.”
Syntactical Sentence Kinemorphic Construction
... middle of paper ...
...endants themselves feel angry, the requirements of their job ask them to hide their true feelings and express more positive emotions. Practically all service employees must perform some emotional labor, including professional service providers such as physicians. The long-term impact of emotional labor on psychological well-being may not be positive unless the employees learn how to cope with the emotional conflict.
Babin, Barry J., and Eric G. Harris. CB5. Mason, OH: South-Western, 2013. Print.
Costanzo, Paul. "Consumer Behavior." Spring Semester. Emereson Hall, Springfield. 5 Feb. 2014. Lecture.
"The Importance of Non-verbal Communication in Professional Interpretation." Aiic.net. N.p., n.d. Web. 02 May 2014.
"Mind Your Body Language! How Non-verbal Communication Works in Advertising." More About Advertising. N.p., n.d. Web. 02 May 2014.