Feminism Essay

1027 Words5 Pages
Feminism is the belief in social, economic, and political equality between men and women. For many years women have strived for equality with men, and feminism is helping women to achieve that mark. The issue of feminism has been a part of the culture since the American Revolution, which will be discussed. Feminism is helping the world to expand its growth by providing equal opportunities to both men and women. There has been a drastic change due to feminist approaches to problems faced by women in the social, economic, and political world. So the progress of women from ‘homemakers’ to ‘breadwinners’ is an answer to gender inequality, which indeed existed in society but is now being slowly demolished by feminist approaches.

The male view
…show more content…
Two-thirds of working women earned less than $30,000 a year. Women were consistently making less than their male counterparts. If a woman employee worked the same number of hours as her male colleague, then she had the right to get paid the equal amount of money as him. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, full-time working women earned 81 percent of what full-time working men earned in 2010, leaving a “gap” of 19 percent between the sexes. If women are paid equally, then it helps the growth of a country’s economy. And, the statistics did improve. Carly Fiorina, Founder of the One Woman Initiative & Global Chairman of Opportunity International, wrote for Forbes Magazine describing that forty years ago, only 1 in 3 American workers were female; today, it’s 1 in 2. There are many advantages of having a working woman in the house too. Having more than one breadwinner in the house helps the family to meet the household…show more content…
Feminism has been an important aspect to change the world. Whether it is in academics, where more women are tilting towards their education and career, then just focusing on their social life. Or in the labor and economic market, where women are managing leadership positions well. Or in politics, where there were more women voter then men in the last presidential election. Even though women have a come a long way to achieve this, there are still some ways to go in order to protect the dignity of all
Open Document