Type of Research
• This project “ANALYSIS OF NON PERFORMING ASSETS IN BANKS” is considered as an exploratory research. Exploratory research is basically a secondary research that started with a search for articles, research papers and books that explained the basics of the topic.
• In this project I have used secondary data by studying various articles, magazines, research papers and books that explain the basis of the topic.
• I have visited a bank where I had an informal discussion with the employees and I was provided with the relevant information by him.
• Further, the Internet allowed for research methods that were more interactive in nature. This helped me to save the time and efforts to collect the data.
• I visited RBI site that provide me with relevant data. But
Limitations of the Study
a) The data collected for my dissertation was limited.
b) The data available is not up to date as current status of NPA is not yet available on net.
c) I didn’t get enough time to do more research on my topic.
Analysis of NPAs of public and private sector banks