Charles Manson and the Manson Family
Charles Manson was born on November 12, 1934. His parents were Walter Scott and Kathleen Maddox, but shortly after, his stepdad, William Manson, adopted him. Charles Manson has three children. Charles Milles Manson, Jr., Charles Luther Manson, and Valentine Michael. Charles Manson was married twice, first with Rosalie Jean Willis then, later, with Candy Stevens. Charles Manson is currently imprisoned for life because he and his “Family” were accused of the horrific murders of the Tate and LaBianca families. (thefamouspeople.com)
The Manson Family was a cult lead by Charles Manson. He lead his followers to believe that the Beatles were prophets telling the youth to rise up against the richer people. Charles Manson told his followers that Helter Skelter was the apocalypse and they compared the Helter Skelter to the Bible’s Revelation. They believed that when the black people out-numbered the whites, the apocalypse would begin. They believed that their murders would help begin the Helter Skelter. The Family saw Charles Manson as the “reincarnation of Jesus Christ.” Manson was referred to both as "God" and "Satan" by his followers. http://www.religioustolerance.org/dc_charl.htm para.4)
Charles Manson had a gift for persuading people, specifically women, because he knew exactly what to say and when to say it, and he and his family were on LSD as often as they had the money to be. Charles Manson was capable of all the control techniques listed in the B.I.T.E. Method, which is behavior, information, thought, and emotional control (Steve Hassan’s B.I.T.E. Model to Mind Control).
Behavior was controlled by how he expla...
... middle of paper ...
“Charles Manson... The Infamous Manson Murders; ‘Helter Skelter.’” Charles Manson Murders; Helter Skelter, www.charlesmanson.com/.
“Who Is Charles Manson? Everything You Need to Know.” Facts, Childhood, Crimes & Murders, www.thefamouspeople.com/profiles/charles-manson-3419.php.
“Charles Manson and the Manson Family.” Crime Museum, www.crimemuseum.org/crime-library/serial-killers/charles-manson-and-the-manson-family/.
The Family (Charles Manson), www.religioustolerance.org/dc_charl.htm.
Posted by lynncinnamon & filed under Charles Manson, History, Psychology, True Crime. This post has no comments yet. “How Did Charles Manson Convince Young Women to Kill for Him? |.” How Did Charles Manson Convince Young Women to Kill for Him Comments, lynncinnamon.com/2016/02/charles-manson-convince-young-women-kill/.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Charles Manson Charles Manson was a criminal and major cult leader. In the late 1960’s, he formed the cult which he later named The Manson Family. Manson's “family” committed nine murders at four different locations. In 1971, Manson was convicted of first degree murder for the deaths of seven of the nine murders, two years before conviction. Manson was later convicted of first degree murder of the concluding two deaths later that year. Before the cult and the murders, Manson was a singer-songwriter associated with the Los Angeles Music Industry and Dennis Wilson, who was the drummer of the Beach Boys.... [tags: Charles Manson, Mann Act, The Beach Boys]
733 words (2.1 pages)
- Charles M. Mason Charles Manson and his followers known as, (The Family) were convicted of the murders in Los Angles back in 1969. Based on the prosecution’s theory that they were part of a plan to trigger the Helter Skelter (an apocalyptic war arising from racial tensions between blacks and whites) scenario. In this paper, we will discuss how Charles Manson was a Visionary Leader, however his Vision was tainted with Unethical Decision Making. Charles Mason used power of persuasion and manipulation to achieve his vision of chaos.... [tags: Charles Manson, Vincent Bugliosi, Helter Skelter]
752 words (2.1 pages)
- The famous Charles Manson, a convicted serial killer, was known as the “Icon of Evil” for his ability to have founded a hippie cult of young runaways that hung on his every word and eventually would participate in the killings of pregnant famous actor Sharon Tate Polanski and her friends in 1969 as well as the Labianca couple the following night. “Manson had a charismatic personality, an undeniable presence. He was able to dominate, to bring others under his power,” (Huston 345) With Manson’s personality, he was able to offer his “love” to many young women who came from rough homes or felt unwanted and ran away and whom yearned for something more in life.... [tags: Charles Manson, Sharon Tate, Charles "Tex" Watson]
1827 words (5.2 pages)
- Erin Williams English 4 Hor. Mrs. Dumas November 30 , 2018 Charles Manson Charles Manson, a well-known cult leader from the 1970’s, who not only recruited followers but influenced them to commit multiple famous murders as well. Most people know who was killed and how they were killed but most people don't know what led Charles Manson to commit such heinous acts. From early childhood influences to the ideas and creation of the “ The Family “ (cult), and his attempts to get him recognized is what led Charles Manson to end up in the jail cell where he sat to the day of his death.... [tags: Charles Manson, The Beatles, Charles "Tex" Watson]
1878 words (5.4 pages)
- Charles Manson Macabre is interesting. For those of you who don’t know what that is, it’s “disturbing because of association with death”. It’s interesting because some people don’t feel it and others have a constant fear of it. Serial killers obviously cause macabre in some people, but others find it truly fascinating. Do you know the story of Charles Manson. The full story, his childhood, his past. He had an interesting childhood, to say the least. He was born to a single mother who was, according to online sources, was fifteen when he was born.... [tags: Charles Manson, Susan Atkins, Sharon Tate]
2276 words (6.5 pages)
- Charles Manson and the Manson Family Charles Manson was born on November 12, 1934. His parents were Walter Scott and Kathleen Maddox, but shortly after, his stepdad, William Manson, adopted him. Charles Manson has three children. Charles Milles Manson, Jr., Charles Luther Manson, and Valentine Michael. Charles Manson was married twice, first with Rosalie Jean Willis then, later, with Candy Stevens. Charles Manson is currently imprisoned for life because he and his “Family” were accused of the horrific murders of the Tate and LaBianca families.... [tags: Charles Manson, Vincent Bugliosi, Paul Watkins]
826 words (2.4 pages)
- Charles Manson was born on November 12, 1934 is a serial killer who spearheaded a murderous campaign with his followers, the Manson Family cult. Famous for the brutal murders of actress Sharon Tate and other Hollywood residents, Manson was never actually found guilty of committing the murders himself. He was However, because of the terrible crimes he forced others to commit made him a living figure of evil. Charles Mason first lived in Ohio with his mother was Kathleen Maddox a 16 year old girl that had been an alcoholic and prostitute.... [tags: Charles Manson, Sharon Tate, Charles "Tex" Watson]
812 words (2.3 pages)
- Manson and the Manson Family In this investigation we have been focused on a suspect named Charles Milles Maddox, known as Charles Manson, along with the “Manson Family” members. There has been rumors and conspiracies of other crimes related to the family but the main crimes of focus is the Tate-LaBianca along with Gary Hinman which was later discovered and connected by the Malibu Police Department. The two gruesome murders that occurred and were handled by the LAPD was first the murder of Sharon Tate along with four of her friends in the house that night.... [tags: Charles Manson, Sharon Tate, Susan Atkins]
1849 words (5.3 pages)
- When asked who he was, Charles Manson responded, “I’m nobody. I’m a tramp, a bum, a hobo. I’m a boxcar and a jug of wine, and a straight razor if you get too close to me” (as said in parole hearing 1989) In the year 1969, the whole United States population was shaken by the cold blooded Tate murders. The people behind these murders would become known as The Manson Family. The Manson Family was a hippie cult led by a man named Charles Manson. For many years, the mention of these people struck fear and horror into the hearts and minds of the American people.... [tags: Charles Manson, Sharon Tate, Susan Atkins]
1348 words (3.9 pages)
- Charles Milles Manson was born on November 19, 1934 in Cincinnati, Ohio. Charles Manson is an American cult leader and convicted mass murderer. Manson is the son of Kathleen Maddox, who gave birth to him at the age of 16, after running away from her strict religious household. Maddox later marries a man named William Manson, and Charles keeps the last name even after his mother's short marriage. This would be the start of a very rough childhood for Charles. His mother, Kathleen, had a reputation of drinking too much and even spending some time in jail.... [tags: Charles Manson, Sharon Tate, Susan Atkins]
1357 words (3.9 pages)