The rise of AI is so prevalent that even basic AI within devices today now seems commonplace; the introduction of AI like Siri on the IPhone seems trivial yet is a prime example of how prevalent the technology of Artificial Intelligence is becoming.
The rise of AI becomes of great importance to a large majority of the workforce, any job that could theoretically be made autonomous or something that requires little to no learning or variation in its task could become redundant with the introduction of more advanced AI which are slated to start appearing by 2020 when they could start displacing millions of humans in the workforce. (Gartner Research, Brant, 2013)
In the next section we will introduce how prevalent Artificial Intelligence is becoming, focusing on the future of AI technology and the fields that it will affect.
Artificial intelligence will have its greatest impact with its application to the industrial industry, the Kiva robots by Kivasystems’ are an example of the type of future that robots with AI will have (Garner Research, Austin, 2013). The industry will be affected the most by Artificial Intelligence due to the relatively easy repetitive and mostly autonomous task that corresponds to industrial work. There has already been a large increase in the amount of autonomous robots in the industrial workplace as they are able to work for less cost, they don’t require breaks and they can work 24/7 which creates a very lucrative opportunity for a manufacturer or employer to reduce costs of production and in turn the product or service they are p...
... middle of paper ...
...rise of Artificial Intelligence brings with it new technological advancements and will change the lives of people forever. The introduction of AI to different technologies such as industrial production robotics replacing workers, virtual assistants creating a centralised device for all your information and autonomous vehicles that will see humans driving alongside AI, these are all set to make a large dent in the workforce as factory jobs and autonomous jobs begin being taken over by autonomous robots and artificial intelligence which can replicate the work of a human becomes commonplace .(Gartner Research, Fenn , 2013) The impact in the future as artificial intelligence gains an ever larger grasp on the world is hard to predict yet the fact remains that artificial intelligence is technology of the future and it will become a major dominant technology in the future.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Technology in the recent century has grown tremendously and it is evident that technology will be involved in every aspect of our daily lives. Today we have the Internet, smartphones, laptops and even autonomous vehicles. One of the most innovations that have intrigued human beings for many years is Artificial Intelligence (AI). AI is the computer science are computer systems that can perform tasks that normally require human intelligence such as speech recognition, decision-making and etc. AI is something that most people believed could only occur in science fiction but has now turned to a reality.... [tags: Artificial intelligence, Computer, Police]
812 words (2.3 pages)
- Man-machine Collaboration and the Rise of Artificial Intelligence Written by Mr. Tarun Wig, Co-founder, Innefu Labs People have different opinions regarding the technique used by the Egyptians in the construction of pyramids, but they are all unanimous to accept that technology rules in every age. Whether the technology is compatible with humanity or not is a BIG Question, but what is evident that it is the driver of almost every economic development. Today, it is not the strength of the army that makes a country a superpower, it is the use of innovative technology that enables a nation to lead the world.... [tags: Artificial intelligence, Computer, Narendra Modi]
755 words (2.2 pages)
- Artificial Intelligence (AI) will seamlessly integrate virtual and physical worlds. To ensure the success of AI three premises have to be actualized: functionalism, hardware capacity to mimic human thought, and the software to convert the gains in hardware advances (McGinnis 1256). The possibilities of AI extend from the synergistic union of the human brain with ambient intelligent environments, to neurocomputation ushering in an entirely new intelligence era. The proper supervision of Artificial Intelligence will guide the positive advancement of technology; additionally, the advantages of AI will range from improved quality of life to the facilitation of national security on and off the ba... [tags: Technology ]
1930 words (5.5 pages)
- As a society over the past two hundred years scientist have made numerous achievements that few could of dreamed of beforehand. However, some will raise the question of “Will science ever advance to far?” To many people are going to far with the dream of creating artificial intelligence, namely those that could be considered sentient in at least some regard. To understand this lets examine the history, advantages, disadvantages, and finally whether or not creating artificial intelligences would be ethical.... [tags: technology, supercomputers, robots]
1107 words (3.2 pages)
- Artificial Intelligence Artificial intelligence or "AI" is the study of computer science that tries to enlighten and to imitate, through machine-driven or computational procedures, facets of human intelligence. Incorporated amid these aspects of intelligence are abilities to intermingle with the natural world across sensory methods and decision making abilities in unpredictable situations without human interference. Standard areas of exploration in AI consist of computer vision, game playing, learning, natural language understanding and synthesis, as well as problem solving and robotics (Noreen Herzfeld, 2003).... [tags: Technology]
1946 words (5.6 pages)
- The Ethics in Artificial Intelligence Systems Introduction Not too long in history were computers invented. In fact, computers were first invented within this very century. Today we can see that computers are extremely helpful in our daily lives. The field in technology has improved so much in just the last few decades. We can see this by examining the technological advancements in computers themselves--such as having more capacities, storing more memories, performing more tasks and even in a less amount of time, etc.... [tags: Computer Technology]
3636 words (10.4 pages)
- Artificial Intelligence Artificial Intelligence once something that people thought could only come out of science fiction novels and movies. But today that could all change because of a robot called Cog. Cog is an artificial intelligence that it’s creators have given a body. He is the future of AI and a new beginning for the field. His creator , Rogney Brooks, a professor of electrical engineering and computer science, thought of creating cog, from inspiration from an artificial intelligence that was depicted in the movie, "2001:A Space Odyssey." In the movie, Hal, the AI, controlled a large space craft.... [tags: Papers]
670 words (1.9 pages)
- Many companies management’s often confuse business intelligence (BI) and knowledge management (KM) as the same thing, but Hansen indicates that there is a difference between the two. BI is a set of technologies that gather and analyze data to improve decision making, the data can be from the past, present and future that is analyzed and focused data. In addition, Business intelligence (BI) is a technology-driven procedure for investigating information and presenting actionable data to benefit company administrators, business administrators and other end users make more knowledgeable business decisions, While KM is a process of finding, selecting, organizing and presenting information in a wa... [tags: Knowledge management, Management]
928 words (2.7 pages)
- In the movie Transcendence, the Dr. Will Caster (Johnny Depp) is a scientist and prominent researcher in the field of artificial intelligence. He and his group of scientist want to create the first machine with a conscience and all human knowledge. His researcher makes him famous but at the same time he becomes the target of extremists technophobes who will do everything to stop him. When the extremist group shoots Will with a bullet laced with radiation, he is given no more than a month to live.... [tags: Consciousness, Mind, Artificial intelligence]
721 words (2.1 pages)
- An Explosion of Technology: What is it. The term artificial intelligence is defined as "the study and design of intelligent agents", but what does this even mean and what qualifies a computer or electronic system to be an “intelligent agent” (“Artificial Intelligence” par. 1). Over the past few decades movies such as Terminator and iRobot have been released depicting artificially intelligent beings that have achieved higher capabilities of understanding, sometimes even surpassing human intelligence.... [tags: Artificial intelligence, Computer]
1242 words (3.5 pages)