One of the greatest problems that the world is facing is environmental pollution. It is increasing over years and causing grave and irreparable damage to the earth. It consists of five type of pollution namely: air, water, soil, noise and light. By far, the pollution of air is the most harmful form of pollution in environment. It is caused by the injurious smoke emitted by cars, buses, trucks, trains and factories. The evidence of increasing air pollution is seen in asthma, lung cancer, allergies and various breathing problems. Even the most natural phenomenon of migratory birds has...
... middle of paper ...
...nt in order to solve these environmental issues.
Global warming melts last stable of Greenland’s Zachariae ice stream [Internet]. ABC News. Available from: http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-03-17/global-warming-melts-greenland-ice-sheet/5324848.html [Accessed 17 March 2014].
Johannes C. Laube, Mike J. Newland, Christopher Hogan, Carl A.M. Brenninkmeijer, Paul J. Fraser, Patricia Martinerie, David E. Oram, Claire E. Reeves, Thomas Rockmann, Jackob Schwander, Emmanuel Witrant, William T. Sturges. Newly detected ozone-depleting substances in the atmosphere. Nature Geoscience, 2014.
Brown, Donald A. The Ethical Dimensions of Global Environmental issues (2001) [Internet]. 130 Daedalus, Journal of the American Academy of Arts and Sciences 59; Winder Law School Legal Studies Research Paper No. 13-54. Available from: http://ssrn.com/abstract=230439
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Environmental Degradation Have you ever thought of what would happened to the Earth if we don’t change our bad habits that has negative impact on the Earth. The issue that is been happening in our surrounding is environmental degradation. Environmental degradation began when Industrial Revolution was established, when people started using fossil fuels to run the machine, cars and transportation which now gives off pollution to the air and added more carbon dioxide in the atmosphere and had negatives impact to environment that causing environmental degradation.... [tags: Pollution, Natural environment, Environmentalism]
1030 words (2.9 pages)
- 1. INTRODUCTION The purpose of environmental assessments is to gather information, involve the public and ultimately to support sustainable development. Environmental assessments are implemented to maintain human and environmental health by examining the implications a proposed project may have on the biophysical, social and economic components (Alberta Government, 2013). Certain regulations pertaining to environmental affairs are in place to regulate activities and to promote informed decision making (National Environmental Management Act, 1998).... [tags: land, water and atmosphere]
1731 words (4.9 pages)
- Jaskaran Pannu 005/ Elizabeth Earth System Science Earth system refers to the earths interacting physical, biological, and chemical processes. The system consists of land, oceans, atmosphere and poles. The earth system has four spheres, including the geosphere, the hydrosphere, the atmosphere, and the biosphere. The geosphere refers to the solid parts of the earth system, including earth’s rocky crust, mantle, and the metallic core. Within the geosphere is the lithosphere, which only refers to the uppermost layers of solid earth.... [tags: Plate tectonics, Earth, Igneous rock]
1464 words (4.2 pages)
- Lesson 1- tectonic plates Children revise to know that the crust is the thinnest top layer of the earths structure, they also need to know that it is made up of two types of plates continental which carries land and oceanic which carries the ocean ("plate tectonics | geology", 2015). They will also revisit the mantle, learning its place in the structure of the earth. (“BBC-GCSE: The structure of the earth 2016). The children will learn that the crust is where the tectonic plates are located while the mantel is what influence their movement.... [tags: Plate tectonics, Volcano, Earth]
1901 words (5.4 pages)
- The existence of the earth has been here billions of years ago. All of the natural resources and the hidden secrets remain unknown until a biotic being discovers them. Time passes, and Homo sapiens, casually known as humans, have inhabited the earth. During the billions of years, the evolution of humanity is increasing, which is evident in the several innovations that exist to this day. Closing in the present age, the human population expands exponentially and more people are using the natural resources that come from the earth.... [tags: Human, World population, Earth, World]
729 words (2.1 pages)
- A major concern of people from all demographics and religions is the environmental crises are taking place in the US and all over the world today. Many aspects our daily lives in the capitalist society we live in are causing grave destruction to our planet. Issues such as global warming, bottling water, and the search for oil and fossil fuels are some of the most known environmental crises taking place in the US. I believe the US could in fact find safe, profitable solutions to many of these problems as long as it is willing to be proactive and address the serious issues at hand while they can be corrected.... [tags: Environment , Environmental]
1317 words (3.8 pages)
- The patient's condition is serious. Symptoms are multiple. His health is noxious. He has a fever, higher than ever before. Efforts to bring it down are not working. Poison has been found in body fluids. When symptoms are treated in one area, more pop up in other areas. If this were a usual patient, doctors would be inclined to declare the multiple sicknesses as chronic and terminal. Not knowing what else to do, they would just take steps to make the patient as comfortable as possible until the end came.... [tags: Earth Science]
4699 words (13.4 pages)
- To Save the Earth I wonder how much the front yard of my childhood home is worth. Of course, it's worth less now than before. Once, a stately tree stood in each corner: a tall lilac, a pine, a cherry tree, and a droopy evergreen. My favorite tree lived in the middle. I never knew what kind it was, but every spring it blossomed in delicate pink, and on warm afternoons, I read under its canopy. The front yard no longer looks like that, however. My father removed the lilac bush because it made the lawn too difficult to mow, and cut many of the branches from the pine and my pink-flowered tree so that friends could park their cars on our lawn rather than getting ticketed for parking on the... [tags: Environment Environmental Ecology Essays]
1048 words (3 pages)
- Environmental Science Notes September 2nd * The environment .A biotic (non living) and biotic (living) factors * Natural resources .Renewable, nonrenewable, solar energy watts * Population growth Major environmental problems * Science . A process for learning about the world . Accumulated knowledge that results from this process * Environmental science .Interdisciplinary areas of study .Determine how humanity affects other organisms and the non living physical environment .Develop solution to environmental problems * Scientific method .... [tags: Environmental]
649 words (1.9 pages)
- All over the world there are many different ecosystems that make up our planet. These ecosystems revolve around stability. Their stability is determined by the environmental factors occurring within the system. Among the factors involved there are many that we as a people cannot control. Climate, weather, and things like these are elements which we cannot mediate. However there is one factor which the human race has a lot to do with, and that is pollution. Pollution puts the factors of stability into a bind.... [tags: Environmental, pollution, environment]
873 words (2.5 pages)