1.1 Background of the Study
English is the major language of science and the professions and the official language of many international and professional organizations. In Malaysia English is a test subject that all student have to past in order to obtain their SPM (Sijil Pelajaran Malaysia) which is a one of the major test in Malaysia for a student to proceed with their next level study.
In Malaysia , English was inherited from the British. English was among the most language to be spoken around and native. English was used in various sector around the country nowadays. Most of English used in Malaysia are based on British English including examinations.
1.2 Statement of the Problem
1.2.1 Fear of being in public and shyness
Students are afraid and shy to speak in public because they are afraid that people will laugh at them because of their broken English.
1.2.2 Ashamed to learn new things
They are scared that if they learn English at their age people surroundings will laugh at them.
1.2.3 Do not have the time to take classes when they are already working.
At this point they have already have their other commitment such as family and working.
1.2.4 Parent does not encourage speaking in English.
Parents do not have the time and feel that English are not important for their children to learn.
1.3 Scope of Study
Before known as Kolej Poly Tech Mara (KPTM), it was named Kolej Yayasan MARA (KYPM) that is wholly owned by Majlis Amanah Rakyat , offers a variety range of educational opportunities with various courses. Kolej Poly Tech Mara offered a twinning program , diploma and degree level. KPTM has the biggest Bumiputra
KPTM also establish local collaboration with public and private universities around Malaysia and al...
... middle of paper ...
... Finding the research topic Discuss of the research topic Execute the research
topic Checking the research topic Submit the research
In conclusion, most of Malaysian student cannot speak in English well. They should have their own effort to help them and improve their life in findings job. Parents also should encourage their children to learn English from the beginning. They also should not ashamed to speak in English in front of other people. English have to be accepted in every level .
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Kuala Lumpur Overview A perfect example of a 21st century metropolis and developed holiday destination in Malaysia, Kuala Lumpur or commonly referred as KL has made its journey from tin-mining to ravishing, modern and fabulous city of Asia and Malaysian Capital. The gigantic range of skyscrapers, multicultural civilization, modern thinking and lucrative markets are the prime features attracting tourism in the region from years. When to Visit Kuala Lumpur One can easily differentiate the difference between the peak season and the down season to visit Kuala Lumpur if know about the climate, festivals and events celebrated in the region.... [tags: weather, attractions, food]
568 words (1.6 pages)
- (3) Combining road constructions to relevant regulations Since the demand of traffic is increasing rapidly and bringing a lot of pressure for the city capacity, one of the major focuses of improving urban transport system in Kuala Lumpur has always been constructing more roads and highways, which not only appears to cost much time and money, but also triggers a series of problems, such as congestions, house demolition and removal, and noise pollutions. Actually, the poor transport system is a consequence of mixed elements, including lack of guidelines for drivers’ behaviors, low-quality services of public transport and lack of regulations on purchases of private cars.... [tags: Public transport, Bus, Road, Road transport]
820 words (2.3 pages)
- Executive summary: The below discussion was all about operation management and how well it can be performed. The scope of operation management is for the better understanding where it can be implied to improve their management and role of operation management is to explain the importance of it. The below assignment explain briefly explains about the operation management in KLIA how it was developed to an international standard, how they provide the fine and international standard of service to the consumers.... [tags: overseeing, goods and services]
2422 words (6.9 pages)
Generating a Mini Project Report Regarding the Monitoring the CMS Performance for Kolej Poly-Tech Mara Kuala Lumpur
- CHAPTER 1 1.1 Project Background The purpose of this document is to generate a mini project report regarding the monitoring the CMS performance for Kolej Poly-Tech Mara Kuala Lumpur. This analysis is conducted because I want to identify the peak hour usage of the CMS. I ‘m choosing to monitor this CMS performance access because I need a specific time to identify the off-peak hour within working hour. All the analysis will give me the benefit as a CMS user to access the CMS during off-peak hour 1.2 Problem Statement There’s a few problem statement can be recognize from the proposal such as: - Student may encounter the slow access to the CMS during peak hour - Within the slow access,... [tags: content management systems]
1577 words (4.5 pages)
- ... 1.3.3 To determine the reading habit of the KPTM, Kuala Lumpur in terms of activities during their leisure time. 1.4 Research Questions 1.4.1 What are the type of reading material they read. 1.4.2 How much their spending time on reading. 1.4.3 What are the activities during their leisure time. 1.5 Scope of Study This study will be conducted in Kolej Poly-Tech MARA (KPTM), Kuala Lumpur. It will identify the reading habit of the student KPTM, Kuala Lumpur in terms of types of reading material they read.... [tags: Kolej Poly-Tech Mara, Kuala Lumpur]
800 words (2.3 pages)
- When someone knows a language, they can typically speak the language and understand the words, structure, and the meaning when someone is speaking the same language. Therefore, it would be in the best interest to make sure that everyone is on the same page—make sure that the sentence structure, every words’ meaning, everyone’s understanding of proper grammar is the same throughout the whole world. That’s precisely what the Spanish, French, and Italians did, creating centers for their languages in Madrid, Paris, and Rome, respectively, to make sure that no matter how far the language spread, the basic aspects of the language stayed consistent.... [tags: English language, Vowel, French language]
1727 words (4.9 pages)
- Global Dominance of the English Language In the year 2014, the language that is most spoken around the world is English. There are currently 1.5 billion people that speak English as their first language, second language or as a foreign language. The English language has had a great impact on the world as a whole. English is still the dominant language that is spoken throughout the world. Although the language has evolved over time and changed in many ways it has still stuck around and became a language that was spread throughout the world.... [tags: history, most spoken language]
1237 words (3.5 pages)
- Have you ever wondered where the names of the different items you use daily came from. Or listened to people talk and find a particular word interesting or odd and wonder why it has become part of our English language. The English language that we speak today has developed as a result of many different influences and changes over thousands of years. The resulting changes to the English language can be split into three time periods that include, Old English or Anglo-Saxon, Middle English and Modern English which is commonly used today Old English (450-1100 AD), which is also referred to as Anglo-Saxon, is thought historically to be the earliest form of the English language.... [tags: English language, England, Old English]
1464 words (4.2 pages)
- SORRY, it’s my entire fault. I wish I had not done it. If I had been more sensible, the accident would not have happened; but it’s no use saying that now. One day at school last term, we didn’t have very much to do. The teachers had all gone to a staff meeting, and most of us in Form 4A were chatting, joking and reading magazines. Vincent, who had to prepare for an overseas examination, was the only one who was working. He had a large Physics book in front of him and was making careful notes in an exercise book.... [tags: English Literature Essays]
571 words (1.6 pages)
- English A Summer’s Reading Respect is a very dominant and important factor in the story of Bernard Malamud, “A Summer’s Reading.” The reach for respect from the people around him causes a lot of dilemma within the main character, George Stoyonovic. And those dilemmas led to consequences that George hated. George, a high school drop out, can not get any job during one summer. He decides to read the magazines found at home. But when he met Mr. Cattanzara, he immediately lies about the hundred books he is reading, in order for Mr.... [tags: English Literature]
869 words (2.5 pages)