Being bilingual is an advantage when it come to finding a job; although one’s skill and experience may be the same as other applicants who applied for the same job, the chance of claiming the position is higher than other due to the knowledge of speaking more than one language especially if one of the language is English. Most of the international business interactions between different company from different parts of the world use English to communicate; moreover, big companies from around the world work with English speaking employees. Companies in Shanghai, Tokyo, Moscow, Budapest, Rio de Janeiro, Buenos Aires, and many other cities around the globe conduct business through the interaction of English; however, business from around the world are commonly required the knowledge of English in order to functi...
... middle of paper ...
...anguage will not be extinct because jobs, education and many other parts of the world use English as a primary language.
The English language is the world most common language as many jobs, occupations, college and universities use English as the primary language. Today, English is known as the world number one language because it has spread throughout the world. International students and native English speaking students are benefits from the language due to the popularity as everyone in the world use it for communication and many other sources. English language has a tremendous impact on people all around the world; the language had helped people become successful as the occupations primary communication language is English. Foreign students should be taking English as a second language because the language has many benefits that one cannot list (Patton, Beth Ann).
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Experiencing those days where people would laugh at other for the broken English; the grammar and pronunciation are the toughest parts of the language. People with English as a second language always stumble upon difficulties; however, the determination of learning a new language do not decrease easily as the motivation is still surrounding one’s mind. Today, English has become an international communication; even the teaching and learning of the language has already spread throughout the world.... [tags: English language, Second language, French language]
1565 words (4.5 pages)
- English was not my first language. I started to learn English when I was three years old. I was able to learn English through my older sister, watching TV and being exposed to the English language from my peers. I was lucky to be able to learn a second language so young because not everyone is able to do this. My older sister had to go to ESL classes and with her being exposed having to learn English as part of her curriculum, I was then able to pick up the English language. Throughout my life, the idea of the English language has always been related to education and success.... [tags: English language, United Kingdom, Second language]
1020 words (2.9 pages)
- Language is a rudimentary device used to convey emotions through a complex communication that is used daily. Many people do not take the time to analyze it nor do they realize just how important it can be. Language, especially english, was something that was challenging for me at first but once I got the hang of it, I was expressing myself in ways I did not previously acknowledge. English is a second language for me, Serbian being the first. I felt well cultured having known more than a single language fluently.... [tags: English language, Dialect, Vowel, Second language]
833 words (2.4 pages)
- Introduction There are many issues teachers and students encounter in educational contexts centering on teaching English to speakers of other languages (TESOL). Many of the major issues addressed here are also relevant to teaching students American Sign Language (ASL), as well as other signed and spoken languages. The goal of this paper is to conduct a review of current research and literature of ELL/EFL/ESL/TESOL/TEFL/ESP/TOEFL/IELTS peer-reviewed publications that address these teaching-learning contexts and the key focus areas of culture diversity, sociolinguistic variation, the use of innovative technologies for language teaching and learning, language assessment, and language modalitie... [tags: English language, Lingua franca, Second language]
1723 words (4.9 pages)
- Context The Morningside Elementary School is offering the Second Language Program class for nonnative-English speaker students. Students will focus on Basic English practical skills for 35 minutes a day for five days a week. SLP class combines creativity and language skills for different student level proficiency. Students will be able to step out the general teacher-centered instruction classroom setting. The program is open to all 2nd through 5th grades. The curriculum divides by 35 minutes.... [tags: English language, Second language]
949 words (2.7 pages)
- Languages is the key to communicate. Everyone learns language at the early stage on their life when their parents trying to transmit some simple vocabulary to them. Communicate means we can give and receive knowledge through language. I was born and raised in Malaysia, which means I have to learn at least 3 languages which are Chinese, Malay and English as well. I would say learning few languages was actually a difficult task to complete. Although it was hard at the beginning, I have also found the fun part of learning several languages which is having the ability to communicate in few languages.... [tags: English language, Language, Linguistics, Learning]
1035 words (3 pages)
- Immigrants live complicated lives as they adapt to new communities and new language while coming to America. Language barrier has a major effect on the lives of our immigrants and those who are acquiring English as their second language. Language barrier is a barrier to communication resulting from speaking different languages. The immigration population in the United States is growing rapidly. For many immigrants English is not their first language. In America, English is the main spoken language.... [tags: Second language, Language]
957 words (2.7 pages)
- We are seeing more and more children who come from an increasingly broad range of linguistic, cultural, religious, and academic backgrounds attending American schools (Kim, 2011). As the number of students whose first language is not English increases, programs such as English as a Second Language (ESL), dual language, and other similar programs are being implemented within the school system. Lueck (2010) started noticing that though a large number of these students were enrolling in schools their parents were refusing the language support services the schools offered their children.... [tags: Second language, French language]
1758 words (5 pages)
- Teaching English as second language is an incredible act of balancing multiple aspects of language at one time – syntax, morphology, phonology, and much more. L2 teachers must utilize each of these if they are to effectively teach the L2 to students in their classrooms in a way that produces the most improvement across facets such as grammar, pronunciation, and comprehension of the language. SLA research shows that there are multiple, often controversial ways of teaching an L2 – none of which seem to be completely solidified as being the best.... [tags: English language, Language]
1907 words (5.4 pages)
- English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL). English as a Second Language (ESL). Limited English Proficiency (LEP). English Language Learners (ELL). All of these are programs for students who did not learn English as their first language. Every day, students face many different challenges while going to school. Some struggle to grasp the concepts of math. Some struggle to manage their time wisely. Many struggle to get up in the morning. Many also struggle to fit in. But many of these struggles would be a little easier for those who have learned English as their first language.... [tags: Teaching English as a foreign language]
854 words (2.4 pages)