There is a possibility that some individuals do not have any prior understanding of what an engineer does, or what the specific duties of different types of engineers entitle. Thankfully, many sites and organizations expound upon those very topics. The World Book says “the word engineering comes fro...
... middle of paper ...
...ineers. Retrieved February 22, 2012, from http://www.imeche.org/membership /benefits/about
Mechanical Engineering Information, (2012). Mechanical engineering salary. Mechanical Engineering Information. Retrieved February 22, 2012, from http://www.mechanica lengineeringinfor Mation.net/mechanical-engineering-salary/
U.S. News, (2012). Best engineering schools. Education: Grad Schools. Retrieved February 22, 2012, from http://grad-schools.usnews.rankingsandreviews.com/best-graduate- schools/top-engineering-schools/eng-rankings
World Book The, (1999). The world book. Engineering. Chicago: The World Book Encyclopedia.
World Wide Learn, (2003). Mechanical engineers. Career Education & Career Planning for
Mechanical Engineers. Retrieved February 22, 2012, from http://www.worldwidelearn. com/career-planning-education/engineering/mechanical-engineers.htm
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Someday in life everyone has to get a job either related to their career or to make their living. Most of the people who get job is related to one’s career. One of the booming career these days in engineering, and among them aerospace engineering is one of the highly paid career and really interesting to work in. In the career of aerospace engineering, engineers usually have to work really hard. In this field, one mostly work on building or designing aircrafts based on the requirement. To be a successful aerospace engineer one needs to gain a lot of education and should be able to work in any environment.... [tags: Aerospace Engineer, Career]
1297 words (3.7 pages)
- It seems that every era from ancient times to modern times has engineers playing a strong role in the development of society; they build many structures that identify that culture and time period. Engineers create something out of an idea; they fill a need and fulfill a dream such as a skyscraper that no one thought would ever be possible. “Scientists investigate that which already is; engineers create that which has never been” (Albert Einstein). Civil engineering is the professional engineering discipline that deals with the design, and construction, and built something like rods, bridge, dam and building.... [tags: Civil engineering, Engineering, Engineer]
1293 words (3.7 pages)
- During my work experience at , I was fortunate enough to have experienced firsthand and learned, many different sides of what goes into a project, the general process of how a project is initially planned, developed and completed; as well as how much work and detail goes into every stage. Another valuable lesson I have learned during these 12 weeks, were the many different types of work an Engineer has to perform, which in turn, have provided me with more insight into the different types of roles and responsibilities that I could perform, as a Civil Engineer.... [tags: Civil engineering, Civil engineer, Engineering]
1061 words (3 pages)
- In addition, this is hopefully not too bold and for the most part very true: as one walks into a building or construction of any sort (subtract those of course which are dilapidated and old) does one stop to think that perhaps one should not enter because the roof may cave in owing to either poor design or build. Of course, not. This is so because there is a certain trust the general public and other professionals place in an engineer. A trust, that through centuries of designing and building has been established and henceforth, wishes to be protected, maintained, and to some extent, even improved upon.... [tags: Engineering, Engineer, Civil engineering]
898 words (2.6 pages)
- Mechanical Engineer: Inventor of The New World In the midst of the darken night, hearing the roars of thunder filling the sky, a young man is studying to become an inventor to generate a new world. Trying to create a world without hearing sirens running down the street every five minutes or hearing gun shots that sound like firecrackers is challenging. He became numb to these, trying to find a way out to make his home better and become an engineer that can make his dreams happen. Truly, the creators of technology is the builder of the new world that advances technology to benefit and connect everyone to each other.... [tags: Engineering, Professional Engineer]
2062 words (5.9 pages)
- We aspire to be good professionals. As engineering students, we spend four years, sometimes more, learning how to optimize productions, reduce costs, and apply the scientific knowledge to the design and production of devices we expect will have some impact on the world. We learn how to deal with the most cutting edge technology, and how to adapt our thoughts to it. We learn to be competitive and meet the needs of employers. That, among other characteristics, makes an engineer a good professional.... [tags: Engineering, Engineer, Mechanical engineering]
1590 words (4.5 pages)
- An engineer has a minimum of 11-12hrs working in the engine room before they shift to other engineers, in 12hrs of working inside the engine room; they were exposed in different kinds of chemicals and in a very high temperature under the engine room, Engine rooms are commonly hot that is why we can’t prevent this accidents, and a very hot temperature can cause a severe damage to the person if it will not be cured instantly. Chemicals also are harmful to engineers; a wrong move can cost your life in danger.... [tags: engine heat, engine room, marine engineer ]
1046 words (3 pages)
- My chosen career is Software Engineer. Software Engineers create moderately complex software in C, C++, C#, Java, assembly language, or other selected languages for Garmin products and/or applications consistently following Garmin’s coding standards and in accordance with applicable software development methodology and release processes. These software execute design for small sets of new functionality for a project. A typical workday for a software engineer is usually improving on projects you’ve been working on and try to make them better and easier for people to us.... [tags: Software engineering, Computer, Software engineer]
1156 words (3.3 pages)
- This paper discusses the various roles of Engineers throughout the history of warfare. Upon reading, you will see the transition from non-combatants that used tools to build and construct fortifications, to full combat soldiers capable of fighting just as well as they could build. The periods covered are: the Roman era, the Revolutionary War, the Civil War, World Wars I & II, the Vietnam War, and the Global War on Terrorism (Iraq & Afghanistan). When discussing each period, I focused on newly developed tasks or skills that were necessary for that particular conflict.... [tags: Roles of Engineers, History of Warfare]
1516 words (4.3 pages)
- The Engineer It is a warm and sunny afternoon at the Niles Train Depot. Soon, a shiny new engine will make its way down the tracks, stop for a short time to pick up and drop off its busy passengers, and then move on its merry way to the next stop. At the station, people of all ages wait for that train to come. Some are passengers themselves, yet others are simply there to pick up their loved ones who will be arriving from their vacations or business trips. With only minutes before the train is scheduled to arrive, the station comes alive with activity.... [tags: Family Relationships]
1061 words (3 pages)