While it is true the incandescent light bulb brought light to a dark world, it lacks the efficiency required today. With energy production increasingly expensive, light bulbs need to be more energy efficient and longer lasting. LED light bulbs provide today’s need for energy efficiency and a long service life. While the LED light bulb is relatively new, it is an extremely efficient means of lighting. However, LED technology is still under development, and selection can be difficult for the many people. If you require the installation of new light fixtures, or other electrical services, contact a Mister Sparky electrician in Huntsville, AL.
LED’s are a great substitute for incandescent bulbs. They are rated to last 25,000 hours or at least 22 years depending on the hours of use. Furthermore, LED’s consume a fraction of the energy of incandescent bulbs. While LED light bulbs cost more, you should consider the energy costs of a bulb using 80% less energy than an incandescent and lasting 22 years, to the cost of a bulb that consumes greater energy, and last one year in the case of an incandescent, and an average of five years for a CFL. The LED is hands down the winner in energy efficiency and longevity, and is available for almost any need. If you are in need of lighting installation, contact a Mister Sparky electrician in Huntsville, AL today.
If you live an older home with outdated light fixtures, LED lighting can be better for older wiring as it draws less wattage. However, older light fixtures will probably need replacement. Contact a Mister Sparky electrician in Huntsville, AL for installation of light fixtures and/or wiring replacement.
Quality of Light Requires Different Thinking
... middle of paper ...
...ectrician in Huntsville, AL can provide the installation you need.
Consumers should purchase name brand bulbs, as cheaper LED’s will not achieve the promised lifespan. The adage of “you get what you pay for” is especially true with LED lighting.
It should also be stated that not every LED light bulb can be used in every type of fixture, a ceiling fan, for example; will require a specific type of LED bulb. If you plan to install new light fixtures, and are ready to make the switch to Led lighting, contact a Mister Sparky licensed electrician. We can assist you in the selection of LED light bulbs, and install the light fixture that you need. A Mister Sparky electrician in Huntsville, AL has the expertise you can rely on, and offer a wide range of electrical services for your convenience. We serve the North Alabama region, and are a member of the BBB with an A+ rating.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- According to my research about solar energy I recommend that FPL develop more solar energy production facilities and assist individual homeowners in applying solar panels to their homes. My recommendation is based on many factors. One of the major factors for considering solar energy is that Florida is almost always sunny. There are about 8 hours of sunlight for a normal day and it seems logical to harness the sun’s energy for our needs. When storing solar energy it makes more sense to connect to a utility grid and sell the excess power to a utility company because the batteries that store solar energy are very expensive and large.... [tags: Solar Energy]
972 words (2.8 pages)
- “Home is the place where, when you have to go there, they have to take you in.” (Robert Frost). For the past month my class mates and I have been finding ways to become energy efficient and putting that information towards creating our own energy efficient home. After being put into groups we began to plan out how we were going to create a home design and turn it into a real scale model. At the beginning of this project I wasn’t aware of the fact that we would actually be learning things that could one day help us buy a home.... [tags: solutions, technology, save energy]
970 words (2.8 pages)
- 1. INTRODUCTION: 1,200,000,000.00 people worldwide (approximately twenty percent of the population) have no access to electricity. In South Africa alone, twenty five percent of householders live in non-electrified areas and rely on candles or kerosene lamps for basic lighting(reference). With the increasing demand for electricity and depletion of fossil fuels currently being used to generate electricity, these people face the prospect of going without a connection for years to come. In an attempt to address this problem, “GREEN LANTERNS CO.” was approached and commissioned to construct and test a solar lantern (prototype) that would suit the southern African context and would be capable of s... [tags: energy, lighting device]
1584 words (4.5 pages)
- The renewable energy industries of solar and wind power have been vastly increasing over the past decade. Which option is the best. That mostly depends on your geographical location. Obviously, because the wind doesn’t constantly blow everywhere you want to be in an area such as the “wind belt”. This area generally consists of the states bordering the Rocky Mountains and stretching into Iowa at its far eastern boundary. Likewise, the sun doesn’t shine much in areas like Seattle and should be focused in more sunny areas such as deserts or cities like Denver with its 300 plus days of sunshine per year.... [tags: solar energy, wind energy, electricity]
895 words (2.6 pages)
- "When it comes to renewable energy, there's no reason America should settle for second best" (Martin Heinrich). The United States is to do what is best for the country and should never settle for second best because second best will eventually become more costly than the first best. Solar power, hydropower, nuclear power, wind power, and biomass power are all renewable energy resources. They come from resources that are naturally replenished from sunlight, wind, rain, and plant waste and are used for generating electricity.... [tags: environmental issues]
1838 words (5.3 pages)
- Energy has become a significant precondition for the economic development of any country. On one hand it is used for the industrial and agricultural purposes and on the other hand it is required for domestic use of the citizens. An energy crisis is regarded as a shortfall or deficit in the supply of energy resources to an economy. It usually refers to the shortage of oil and electricity or other natural resources such as coal or gas. This crisis often has adverse effects on the rest of the economy, with many recessions being caused to it, In particular, the rising production costs of because of the increase in electricity tariffs.... [tags: foreign policy essays]
887 words (2.5 pages)
- The name sustainability is derived from the Latin sustinere (tenere, to hold; sub, up). Sustain can mean “maintain”, “support”, or “endure”. There are many ways to define sustainability, but many will define sustainability as the “capacity to endure; it is how biological systems remain diverse and productive indefinitely. Long-lived and healthy wetlands and forests are examples of sustainable biological systems” (Sustainability). To sum all that information up in general terms, sustainability is the endurance of systems and processes.... [tags: Photovoltaics, Solar cell, Road]
1168 words (3.3 pages)
- Energy Efficient Building Windows Energy efficient windows have multiple layers of glass. The reason for this is because the more layers of glass you have the better it insulates the house. Three or four layers of glass are one of the best because you have more airspace in between layers. A smaller airspace doesn't insulate the building as well as a thicker airspace would. The thickest an airspace should be is 1 inch because any thicker than that will cause the glass of the window to no longer insulate the building.... [tags: essays research papers]
3581 words (10.2 pages)
- Energy Needed As the world population soars, we as a global community are met with a need to fulfill the energy requirements of this increasing population. Probably no one is in complete agreement on how to accomplish this. The World Energy Conference has concluded that energy needs in 3 decades will be 75% higher than today. The popular concern over fuel consumption that was so prevalent following the 1970 oil crunches has gone by the wayside. This concern has recently been revived, but the action is still left to "other" people.... [tags: Environment Oil Fossil Fuels Papers]
4265 words (12.2 pages)
- Solar Energy What do the bubonic plague in the 14th century, the influenza epidemic of the early 20th century and the spread of HIV/AIDS in the late 20th and early 21st centuries have in common. One answer, according to Joel B. Stronberg author of the American Solar Energy Society’s “Common Sense,” is that they have all been called pandemics. According to Merriam-Webster.com, a pandemic occurs over a wide geographic distribution and affects “an exceptionally high proportion of the population.” Joel B.... [tags: Solar Energy Resources Essays]
902 words (2.6 pages)