As stated by nationalgeographic.com, Asian elephants are one of the largest land animals in the world! Despite the Asian elephants’ size, they are still prey to extinction. Slightly tinier than their relatives (African elephants) are Asian elephants. Elephants enjoy water and use their trunks to shower themselves, to smell, to breathe, and to grab things. Imagine a harsh desert, with nothing but sand and a pit filled with murdered elephants, young and old, all tusk-less; this is reality. Which are used for digging and even fighting other elephants, hunters kill Asian elephants for their ivory tusks while humans use ivory for pianos and jewelry. India, Nepal, and other places in Southeast Asia are the home to Asian elephants. These gargantuan creatures can consume up to 300 pounds ...
... middle of paper ...
"Red Panda." Fact Sheet. N.p., n.d. Web. 16 Dec. 2013.
"Red Panda." National Geographic. N.p., n.d. Web. 15 Dec. 2013.
"Royal Bengal Tiger." WWF. N.p., n.d. Web. 16 Dec. 2013.
SparkNotes. SparkNotes, n.d. Web. 16 Dec. 2013.
"The Story of Andre the Sea Turtle." Marinelife. N.p., n.d. Web. 16 Dec. 2013.
"Two-year-old Red Panda Settles in at Saskatoon Zoo." Saskatoon. N.p., n.d. Web. 16 Dec. 2013.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- I first heard about the endangered animals when I was in 4th grade of Elementary School and I now that all of the students have experienced that. The teachings were easy to understand for elementary school age kids at that moment, and may basically have been unnecessary for the students in that level to totally understand about the endangered animal. Now I realize that it is alarming to all of us in the world about how our planet 's creatures may disappear so fast in the future if we do not protect our endangered animals.... [tags: Extinction, Endangered species, Species, Animal]
1072 words (3.1 pages)
- Wildlife has been living alongside man for as long as our species has been a part of this world, and the wildlife has even been here longer. You’d think that with man and animal coexisting in each other’s presence we’d respect the wild species that we have now a lot more than we do. Many people, whether they’re aware or not, are slaughtering animals all the way to extinction, and there are definitely more ways than one that humans are partaking in the extinction of endangered animals. We have to clean up our act before it’s too late for these animals, including us.... [tags: Extinction, Endangered species, Plant]
1257 words (3.6 pages)
- Many people say they care about endangered species, but what do they actually do to help. Some people, like the ones that work for WWF (World Wildlife Fund), decide to take action. “WWF is building a future where human needs are met in harmony with nature,” (worldwildlife.org). The organization helps both the environment and endangered species. Not only does WWF lets you adopt endangered animals symbolically, but it also does many things to help empower communities and promote conservation. Since climate change is becoming a larger problem each day, WWF helps underdeveloped communities cope with the problem, live more sustainably, and take action against it.... [tags: National Geographic, Animals]
1869 words (5.3 pages)
- Although it may not seem saving or protecting endangered animals is important, it actually and truly is important because animals around the world are being killed for wildlife market goods which is illegal and destroys the species population in that environment. Citizens should take more concern with taking care of these endangered animals before they become totally extinct and will no longer be seen on the face of the earth. Recently researchers have found that poachers (hunters who hunt animals for their value with trading illegal merchandise) are killing thousands of animals a day, and they are doing so even to this day.... [tags: Hunting, Extinction, Endangered species]
982 words (2.8 pages)
- The earth has experienced many unexpected outcomes over the years. The changes on earth have affected many animals, plants, and ecosystems. Different kinds of species stay involved with the dramatic changes the earth has went through. The past includes climate changes, distinctions, meteorites, and evolution processes. The changes on earth will always impact different species no matter where the species occupies. The changes on earth have led to many species becoming endangered. Endangered species continue to increase and without help, earth’s species will become distinct.... [tags: Species, Extinction, Endangered species, Hunting]
984 words (2.8 pages)
- Could you imagine a world without tigers, the giant panda, or the rhinoceros. What a paler place it would be. Astonishing amounts of animals are considered critically endangered and near extinction. If we would like these animals to be around for future generations, we cannot hesitate in our efforts to help them. Rhinoceros - Sadly, the White, Black and Javan rhinoceros are all on the critically endangered list. The Indonesian Javan Rhino is in particularly bad shape with having less than 60 of their kind left in the world.... [tags: Conservation]
973 words (2.8 pages)
- The purpose of the report is to investigate the benefits of animals right and the consequences of hunting endangered animals. The report gives an account of the reasons why tigers are being threatened, some organisations that prevent this and a prediction of what might happened if these animals go extinct. I am interested in this topic because I believe that those animals are important to the Earth’s ecosystem. This report will be focusing on tigers and wolves but there are many endangered animals that do not deserve to be hunted.... [tags: Tiger, Tigers, Megafauna of Eurasia, Bali Tiger]
2123 words (6.1 pages)
- Many people have different ideas about what an endangered species is, but the definition of endangered species is a type of animals and plant which is in danger for extinction by different reason . In this modern time, we see a lot of animals disappearing because of humans. This action is made with no or indifferent care about life and existence of biodiversity species and there contribution to the ecosystem of the world. In addition the uncontrolled humans developing is causing serious damage to the habitat in which species can't sustain their life's generating a very prolonged list of endangers species as a result.... [tags: Ecosystems, Habitat]
801 words (2.3 pages)
- Did you know that endangered animals represent natural diversity. 800 animals a year become extinct. Animals are becoming endangered because the animals are not getting enough help and support. Endangered animals need to be saved because the animals are important. Animals represent the nation and the citizens. The animals need to be saved because they are so rare and valuable to the nation. Endangered animals need to be saved because the endangered animals are valuable to scientists and the economy.... [tags: save, nation, economy, scientists]
760 words (2.2 pages)
- Have you ever seen a Philippine eagle flying graciously through the wild and lush jungles of the Philippines. Have you ever caught a glimpse of the alluring, pristine and stunning Kakapo bird flying freely in the small island of New Zealand before. If not, then you are fortunate as these marvellous birds are slowly recovering from their severe endangerment. However, many beautiful and ravishing animals that reside in the United States may never be seen again. This is because the United States Government does not provide adequate, efficient or productive methods to save these species and the government desperately needs to improve their methods and ways.... [tags: Animals, Endangered Species]
1601 words (4.6 pages)