Felipe Trujillo was born in Morelia, Mexico the 29 of November in 1984. Felipe lost his mother at an early age and lived with his father Felipe, from whom he inherited the name, and younger brother Manuel. His father was a doctor and it was really rare to see him in the house. In consequence, Felipe and his brother spent most of their time at their maternal grandmother’s place. It was at this place that he got his nickname “Bombon,” 1 because he was overweighed, and had cute dimples.
It was also in that household where he gained his first scar at the age of eight. “It was when my brother and I were playing Frisbee. I still remember how long it took us to build the flying disk; we used the bottom part of a water jug, a belt, glue, and a knife,”2 he said. His brother had thrown the flying disk, and Felipe was running backwards for it, when suddenly, a bicycle full of bread that was passing by, could not stop in time and crushed into Felipe. “I know it was my fault and not his, but that did not stop me from asking for a piece of bread as a compensation. After all, I love “conchitas.”3 Hearing the loud crash, Felipe’s grandmother quickly come out of the house to see Felipe cover in blood. Alarm by the sight, Felipe’s grandmother took him to his father home for him to get a check up.
When Felipe was taken home to his father he got stitched up, and he receive a lecture from his father on how he should not play on the streets, but in the back of his grandmother’s house.
When his father finished up he took once again Felipe to his grandmother’s house, where she was waiting concerned about his health. “She was more of a mother than a grandma, really. She always took good care of us and treated us as her own,” Felip...
... middle of paper ...
...r. I got so mad at her for not taking the adequate means to take care of the babies. Afterwards, I did not move from where my child was until he was allowed to be moved in with his mother.”
Now, three years later, Felipe is comfily siting down in his sofa being interviewed while the noise from his child’s cartoons can be heard at the background, as well as the sound of his wife humming a song while making dinner.
“I believe my life has been a role coaster. It had his up and downs, but at the end it was fun and worth it. But unlike a role coaster, my life will not be ended so soon, I believe that although I have live long, I by no means have live enough. I still have things I want to do both professionally and personally. The world is wide and the possibilities are endless, so I believe this is just the beginning of the ride.” – he said as the end to his interview.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- The Beginning or the End Throughout the history of the human race, there have been many unknowns that have been investigated and many obstacles that have been overcome. However, possibly the most mysterious question to people still stands unknown to everyone after all of these years. That is the question of what happens after life. What kind of transition, if any, is there to a new life or whatever may occur after death. Many people have many different ideas and feelings regarding death. Some people have rituals that are performed after a person’s demise which theoretically have the purpose of providing them with a good "afterlife" or at least making sure that they go "there" at the end of... [tags: Eliot Wasteland Maddy Essays]
1589 words (4.5 pages)
- A Beginning and End Thesis: There is a reason for all seasons, two of which are spring with its new beginning and autumn with its incipient decline. I. Spring A. Daylight B. Gardens C. Insects D. Color E. Nests F. Migratory birds G. Coats of animals H. Rain II. Autumn A. Daylight B. Gardens C. Insects D. Color E. Nests F. Migratory birds G. Coats of animals H. Rain Each change and occurence that takes place during each season is so important to the outcome of the next, because the seasons are all entwined.... [tags: essays research papers]
705 words (2 pages)
- The End of a Beginning Felipe Trujillo was born in Morelia, Mexico the 29 of November in 1984. Felipe lost his mother at an early age and lived with his father Felipe, from whom he inherited the name, and younger brother Manuel. His father was a doctor and it was really rare to see him in the house. In consequence, Felipe and his brother spent most of their time at their maternal grandmother’s place. It was at this place that he got his nickname “Bombon,” 1 because he was overweighed, and had cute dimples.... [tags: Family, Mother, Grandparent, Infant]
1160 words (3.3 pages)
- At a young age music is brought into a child’s life, parents even use music to sooth a baby before it is even born. Music has a huge impact on pop culture. What is popular culture some may ask. Well you can break pop culture up into two words, popular and culture. In Merriam- Webster Popular is defined as commonly liked or approved (“Popular”). The word Culture is defined in the same dictionary as the act of developing the intellectual and moral faculties especially by education (“Culture”). With that said, is this pop culture hit a good influence on childrens’ lives.... [tags: Music ]
1077 words (3.1 pages)
- The Beginning of the End - Original Writing The night settled down slowly upon the capital city of Washington, the sun could be seen slowly setting on the horizon creating an eerie glow to the city. M was sitting on the balcony of her hotel room watching the sunset with slight interest wondering what the night will have in store for her. Two floors down from M's room was a gathering of all the main leaders in the Crimson Jihad a terrorist group from Iraq, they had gathered in Washington to complete an arms deal with Jason Bush a former general for the American army that had turned traitor.... [tags: Papers]
1273 words (3.6 pages)
- The mission of the Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB) is to establish and improve standards of financial accounting and reporting for the guidance and education of the public. Accounting standards assist analysts, potential investors, and corporate figures in determining and comparing the financial performance of a corporation. In recent years, a wave of accounting scandals broke, and a number of companies admitted to following fraudulent accounting procedures to defer attention from the company’s financial performance.... [tags: Business Frauds Deception Accounting Scandal]
1830 words (5.2 pages)
- Christian Beliefs on the Beginning and End of Life All Christians believe that life is special to God and this means that all Christians have certain guidelines to follow about the beginning and end of life. Although this is true Christians are unpredictable and might change their beliefs in an unusual situation, such as, if the Christian would suffer devastating consequences of an act such as birth; the pregnant woman might consider abortion. Some Christians preach the word of god to many people, but is it being forced on them.... [tags: Religion, Persuasive]
324 words (0.9 pages)
- What lies beneath the chaos. I was surrounded by many interesting works of art as I walked through the Lowes Art Museum. One painting captured my attention; it was by Juanita Guccione entitled, “Cycle: Beginning and End.” It evoked thought in me because of its complexity; images were placed within images. The colors in the piece complemented each other. As I stood there gazing at the painting, I could continually make out new images. I took a few steps forward to get a better sense of the painting’s detail.... [tags: Art Artwork Painting]
1514 words (4.3 pages)
- The Beliefs of Christians About Their Responsibility for the Beginning and End of Their Life You created every part of me; you put me together in my mothers womb A main part of the Christian faith believes that God is the giver and taker of life. He forms us in the womb and takes our life when he believes the time is right. Some christians believe that Jesus takes our life when we know were at the best and we won't get any better spiritually. God teaches us about the sanctity of life.... [tags: Free Essays]
404 words (1.2 pages)
- The Beliefs that Christians Hold for Those at the Beginning and End of Their Life From the moment conception occurs, the embryo, or foetus, becomes one of God's children. Some groups of Christians believe that God knows us even before we are born. God knows everyone all the way through our lives and is with you at death. Some even believe he is with you in life after death, or in reincarnation .... [tags: Papers]
514 words (1.5 pages)
- The French Revolution And The American Revolution
- Effectiveness Of Organisational Policies And Procedures On Supporting Individuals And Their Social Networks Affected By Significant Life Events
- Analysis Of ' The Epic Of Gilgamesh '
- The Diversity Of Multicultural Teams
- Computer Malfunction And Its Effects On Academic Achievements
- Labelling Theories And Labeling Theories