God, the Creator of all things in heaven and on the earth both the visible and invisible, created an innumerable quantity of angels. The angels were designed by Him for His glory.
For it was in Him that all things were created, in heaven and on earth, things seen and things unseen, whether thrones, dominions, rulers, or authorities; all things were created and exist through Him [by His service, intervention] and in and for Him. (Colossians 1:16, AMP)
Angels are not infinite. They are created beings from a point in time. For example, in Job, the angels shouted for joy when God laid the foundation of the earth. (Job 38:7) The earth was without form and void. This proves the angels were created after God created the heavens and before He created the earth.
The Bible infers that the angels were created holy. God is holy and made all beings with a stamp of His holiness. There were angels that did not keep their first estate of holiness. This infers that the angels must have been holy to have fallen. (Jude 1:6) These angels are called fallen angels. They stand in opposition to God’s work and plan. The holy angels kept their first estate by walking in perfect obedience to God’s will.
For whoever is ashamed [here and now] of Me and My words in this adulterous (unfaithful) and [preeminently] sinful generation, of h...
... middle of paper ...
...ure, Faith Christian University, Orlando, FL, January 4, 2014. https://fcu.populiweb.com/internal/education/onlinelearning/lesson.php?instanceID=3694467&lessonID=1206507 (accessed January 4, 214).
Hagin, Kenneth E. The Triumphant Church: Dominion Over All the Powers of Darkness. Tulsa, OK: Faith Library Publications, 1993.
Holy Bible. Amplified Bible.
Holy Bible. King James Version.
Johnson, Pastor Guevara. “The God of Impossible” Sermon, Interdenominational Faith Assembly, Baton Rouge, LA, December 15, 2013.
MacArthur, John. Twelve Ordinary Men: How the Master Shaped His Disciples for Greatness, and What He Wants to Do with You. Nashville, TN: Thomas Nelson, 2002.
Rudd, Steve. “The Three Stage Ritual of Bible Marriages.” http://www.bible.ca/marriage/ancient-jewish-three-stage-weddings-and-marriage-customs-ceremony-in-the-bible.htm (accessed January 25, 2014).
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- 4 personality types taught by Angels Every person’s road to a success is different because every person has different personality, nature, ability, and sensibility. Therefore; although the law of success could be universalized, it is necessary to consider the law of success accordingly to different personality types. However, many authors of “how to succeed” books write about law of success basing only on their personality types. If a person has same personality type as author of “how to succeed” book, he or she may like and agree with the author’s approach to success.... [tags: Angels]
763 words (2.2 pages)
- INTRODUCTION The Bible contains many stories of people having an encounter with angels. An encounter alludes to an unexpected meeting. The word “angel” is a transliteration from the Hebrew word “mal’ak” in the Old Testament (Strong’s H4397) and the Greek word “angelos” in the New Testament (Strong’s G32). Both words mean “messenger” and describes one who executes the plan and will of the person whom they serve. God created an innumerable quantity of angels. For it was in Him that all things were created, in heaven and on earth, things seen and things unseen, whether thrones, dominions, rulers, or authorities; all things were created and exist through Him [by His service, intervention] and... [tags: bible, stories, god]
1652 words (4.7 pages)
- Paranormal activity also known as Parapsychology is “ the scientific study of interactions between living organisms and their external environment that goes beyond the physical laws of nature” (Center, 2013). Parapsychology is a branch of the study of the mind. Parapsychologists study five main areas: Telepathy, Clairvoyance, Precognition, Psychokinesis, and Survival Studies. (Center, 2013) What distinguishes the field from others is that it uses the scientific method to learn about new paranormal activity.... [tags: parapsychology, paranormal activity]
1973 words (5.6 pages)
- A poll that was published in TIME magazine showed that 69 percent of people believe in Angels, 46 percent of which believe they have a personal guardian angel. Descriptions of these angels include a wide range of appearances. Some are only lights or a hovering golden halo; while others describe their angel as human, half human, or even animal. Angels are said to descend upon those who are in need of salvation (from evil or hell), or who need direction in life, in pain or suffering physically or emotionally, or to those who need simple things such as directions or a winning lottery ticket.... [tags: essays research papers]
666 words (1.9 pages)
- INTRODUCTION God sent the angel Gabriel to Nazareth, a town in Galilee, to a virgin pledged to be married to a man named Joseph, a descendent of David. The virgin's name was Mary." --Luke 1:26-27, NIV Today we will look at some of the aspects of the Christian doctrine of Angels and their continued role in Christianity and humanity in general. We will discuss the origin of Angels and likewise Demons, their role in both the New and Old Testament and lastly we will discuss the activity of angels in spiritual warfare.... [tags: Spirituality, Angels, Demons]
1069 words (3.1 pages)
- In Alden Bell’s The Reapers are the Angels, the family unit persists in the face of a zombie apocalypse. Although not seemingly normal, nor resembling the quintessential nuclear family, the idea of family is very present throughout Temple’s journey. Most families of this post-apocalyptic world operate under a strong sense of denial; a hope that the old world will seep through the seams of the nightmare that sadly is reality. They desperately grasp at traditions of the past with confidence that someday the universe will revert back to its previous state.... [tags: The Reapers are the Angels]
821 words (2.3 pages)
- In The Killer Angels, Michael Shaara fictionally illustrates the historical facts of the battle at Gettysburg. Shaara gives action and words to characters of another time, and then places these players on the stage of this great battle. Through the use of powerful biblical and non-biblical imagery and themes the epic nature of the battle at Gettysburg and its characters are enhanced. Such imagery and themes, combined with Shaara's fictionalization, help to contribute to why this single battle holds such monumental significance and influence upon the lives of Americans over a century removed from its occurrence.... [tags: Killer Angels Essays]
2334 words (6.7 pages)
- Angels Angels are defined as a typically benevolent celestial being that acts as an intermediary between heaven and earth and one who manifests goodness, purity, and selflessness (Angels). They are seen as good and helpful beings and have been known for giving human beings messages or signs from God. They have many virtuous characteristics to them and components that make them so interesting. These components include their origin, their reputation of always being good, their overall appearance, the several main and influential angels, and the rankings of different angels.... [tags: Religion]
966 words (2.8 pages)
- Angels An angel is a pure spirit created by God. The Old Testament theology included the belief in angels: the name applied to certain spiritual beings or intelligences of heavenly residence, employed by God as the ministers of His will. HISTORY Are Angels ambassadors sent from God to guide us, protect us or bring messages from heaven. The word angel comes from the Greek word "angelos" which means messenger. The Bible says that God has appointed many angels to those who love God and call to Him, "Psalms 91:11 For He shall give His angels charge over you, To keep you in all your ways." The bible refers to different types of angels, with varying duties such as ugides, protectors, messengers... [tags: Spirituality Religion Christianity Essays]
5536 words (15.8 pages)
- ANGELS God’s holy angels carry out a variety of tasks and deeds, as well as the angels of Satan. They carry out what the will of heaven is on earth when god Himself wants. Sometimes they appear as normal humans and sometimes with all the radiance of heaven shining upon them, and making known that a part of heaven is on earth. What I am going to try to explain is that I don’t think that angels have a role. I think that any angel does whatever heaven’s will wants it to do, when it wants it.... [tags: essays research papers]
1191 words (3.4 pages)