Filling the Empty Vessel
It was finally time to head to gym class in the afternoon where we were instructed to take part of a physical test. This test would determine how fit or unfit we are based on a system that was implemented by those with greater authority. It was established that it was on such a scale us high school students should be judged by. So it was that afternoon that I performed the tasks that were instructed on to me and my peers. Unfortunately, I was not able to complete these physical task to my greatest potential. It was on this day that I was mocked by one my peers of my lack of ability to preform the instructed physical tasks. Getting teased had a tremendous impact on me emotionally. So it was on that day I self reflected on the individual that I was and the life I was living. I question myself what was I lacking? What set me apart from that specific individual? How was I so different from him? What can I do to make up for my incompetence?
After spending time reevaluating I realized that I wanted to be distinctive. I wanted to reconstruct the way I was living. I was tired of just the same repetitive schedule that I followed in high school. I would get up at six twenty in the morning which was the perfect set time that I determined was necessary to complete my morning routine. Then I would head to school where I went through the same repetitive schedule as the previous day. Eventually I would travel back home to consume whatever was prepared by my mother, play some video games for hours, then tend to my homework. Finally, I head to bed to repeat another average day. Surprisingly one random day in the fall one of my friends invited me to go to the gym with him. He took me to the gym, which was not t...
... middle of paper ...
...tion that I have attained on my journey. Without resting you are giving your body no means of recovering and diminishing its ability to grow and become better than before. Sleep is basically necessary to build more muscle. Without sleep it is substantially difficult to obtain muscle growth in a short period of time.
With all this vast knowledge I have attain, I couldn’t be any happier of the discovery I was able to embark on. I have become a totally different person than before and live a happier stress free life. I feel alive and ecstatic, there are no other word that can truly describe how I feel. I live a certain way I act a certain way and I follow a certain path which has brought me nothing but happiness. I close with this; my life was a meaningless empty vessel nevertheless it was ultimately filled with an array of knowledge that transformed my life forever.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- A space vessel slowly drifts through the void of space, it 's purpose seemingly fulfilled millions of years earlier. On a small, seemingly insignificant blue and green world, members of the species that thinks it is the planet 's dominant life-form are about to activate an experimental device designed to give the world free energy. The device activates, microscopic portals open in the containment field, each portal opening to a distant star, siphoning less than a fraction of a fraction of the stars energy, converting it into free Earthbound energy for human use.... [tags: Earth, World, International Space Station]
1799 words (5.1 pages)
- Description: This unit of study is being developed to meet Life Science Standards, Grade 5. The fifth grade life science curriculum focuses on; hierarchies, human systems, and examines plants on a deeper, more technical level than was done in previous grades. The unit being developed focuses on human systems and using mentor text, interactive websites, writing, and hands on experiments through explicit instruction. Lessons for this unit have been extracted from a web source (http://sbsciencematters.com/lesson-units/5th-grade/) and are being used to provide background knowledge needed to engage in collaborative tasks.... [tags: Blood, Heart, Blood vessel, Circulatory system]
1688 words (4.8 pages)
- ... One can discern that the patrons were wealthy because of the material used to create the pieces of art. Both objects are bronze sculptures, which signified rank and status through the duration of early Chinese history. (Thorp, p. 61) During the Shang period, these sculptures came in sets. A greater amount of pieces in a collection signified a higher ranking in the culture for the owner of the art. (Thorp, p. 64) The same type of understanding can be drawn from the Zhou period, with bronze still a barometer of stature.... [tags: design, culture, function]
872 words (2.5 pages)
- Plutarch deduces, “The mind is not a vessel to be filled, but a fire to be kindled.” A vessel is often cluttered with useless items while a fire kindles and is truly fascinating as it slowly starts to grow. The mind is always being filled with unnecessary information every single day. The student has the opportunity to mold the mind into storing information that is considered useful. In the academic sense, students should be able to use this information and apply it when they are learning. Students should strive to learn for the purpose of expanding the mind.... [tags: High school, Education, Middle school]
1214 words (3.5 pages)
- The Kayak: Earth’s Beloved Vessel The Kayak is one of the most versatile man powered water craft that has ever been around on the waters of planet Earth. The kayak can be used on a small pond, large lake, calm river, raging river, or the wide open seas. There are kayak variations for every situation, and their history and development have allowed these changes to be custom made for the type of paddling that can be done. Through the proper use of gear and technique, one can become a proficient kayaker in their desired realm.... [tags: Man Powered Water Craft, Water, Paddling]
1288 words (3.7 pages)
- With Easter hopping quickly towards us, the origins of the holiday could come to mind; there had to be some other reason for starting the celebration besides getting chocolate bunnies and coloring eggs. For some, it goes back to the time of Rome as the world power and one event. Jesus Christ of Nazareth rose from the dead. There has been speculation since the very day it happened, if Jesus Christ really rose from the dead. Questions have been circulated such as: did He even really die or just pass out on the cross with the cold air of the tomb woke him up.... [tags: Theology ]
1115 words (3.2 pages)
- Vessel-based mechanical mixing involving viscous media is an essential operation in industrial sectors like pharmaceutics, chemistry and oil among many others. In such processes, the quality of the final product depends on the homogenization obtained, which is a consequence of the operating conditions. This topic has been investigated using numerical and experimental methods.[1-3] In practice, the mixing of viscous liquids in stirred tanks is often made using close clearance impellers such as helical ribbons (HR).... [tags: Technology ]
815 words (2.3 pages)
- PDFG induces proliferation of fibroblasts, microglia, and smooth muscle. It is stored in platelet granules and is released following platelet aggregation. PDGF may also serve as a chemotactic agent for inflammatory cells. Platelets circulate in the blood and are derived from megakaryocytic in the marrow. Like erythrocytes, they are anucleate. However, unlike erythrocytes, they contain numerous intracytoplasmic granules and are the source of numerous proinflammatory mediators. In fact, they are quantitatively the greatest single source of vasoactive amines in the body.... [tags: essays research papers]
837 words (2.4 pages)
- The Empty Concrete Throughout the adventures of Concrete there are many times where he shows his loneliness in a story. The one story that I find this most evident in is "next Best". In this story Concrete goes through a number of let downs during the course of his day. The story starts off with Concrete having a surreal dream, a fantasy of Maureen and him being together. He admits his love to her. He is transformed into a human being by a god like structure that I believe was the Senator. Setting him free.... [tags: Papers]
480 words (1.4 pages)
- Using the theory of reason action-Fishbein and applying it on a 5 min. scene of the movie by: AlomaniQ8 THE EMPTY PILLOW This is a love story that it’s events occur, in Egypt, in the fifties, where there were strict traditions about love between non married lovers, and where the word of the parents rules the lives of their sons and daughters. In that movie, a young man (salah) who is still a student falls in love with a beautiful girl (Sameha), whom she is also an eighteen years old student, they are both college students, that get supported by their families.... [tags: essays research papers]
1641 words (4.7 pages)