Bill Gates once said, “As we look ahead into the next century, leaders will be those who empower others.” It 's no secret that our world is facing many daunting issues, such as poverty, misogny, racism, and discrimination, but there are those who work towards making our world a safe haven for all its inhabitants. The Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, a private organization that extends globally, is one such group that has focused on the betterment of the people. They turn their focus out into the global world, as well as helping out in the United States. Their goals include furthering education, lifting people from poverty and hunger, and helping out developing countries, to name just a few. They use the grant money they raise to address those areas of concern, and in turn do great things to help the world at large.
According to the foundation 's website, their primary focus in the U.S. is making sure that all high school graduates are prepared for and have an opportunity to attend college (Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation). They put a lot of focus on Washington State, where the foundation 's permanent home is. Finding new and innovative ways to improve the school system is beneficial to the country as a whole, even if it only starts with a small group. Even if their system doesn 't work for every school, it 's worth a try to encourage others to be open to new ideas for improvement. Helping impoverished families and improving school districts that lack the funding to do it themselves, gives renewed life to the community as a whole. The Bill and Melinda Gates foundation wants to empower future generations, and it 's so important to the future of our country that they are all given the chance to succeed at l...
... middle of paper ...
...se don 't have one, can go a long way to preventing chronic hunger.
The Bill and Melinda Gates foundation strives to help everyone. They make our world a better place for all its inhabitants by finding long term solutions to problems. They don 't want to just help out in the short term, they want to be sure that when they make a change, it is one that will last. That is why their organization is such a great one. They seek innovative ways to help the people of our world, and to them, no challenge is too great to handle. In a world full of poverty, misogny, racism, discrimination, and hunger, we need leaders who will show the world what it means to be compassionate. We need organizations like the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, to be an example to everyone out there that when we empower those who need it most, we make our world a stronger and better place.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- In 2003, Bill Gates earned $23,148 a minute, $1.38 million an hour, leading to a total of $33.3 million a day (Roche). Growing up, he always had an interest in computer technology. While attending Lakeside School, he met Allen Paul who went on to be his co-worker. After high school, he briefly attended college, then dropped out shortly after receiving an excellent job offer. He formed Microsoft and its success exceeded his, and others, expectations. Microsoft windows evolved and its popularity continued to grow.... [tags: Bill Gates, Microsoft, Altair 8800]
1246 words (3.6 pages)
- Time’s 100 +1 Most Influential People 2014 was a year of big events, from record breaking events in the Sochi Winter Olympics to the Ebola virus outbreak, 2014 had its ups and downs. Surrounded by these groundbreaking events, Time Magazine compiled the 100 most influential people of the year. Although Time did an impeccable job of composing this list, one man was left off. This man funded the prevention of around 13.6 million deaths, was owner of a foundation that funded over 3.6 billion in scholarships, and donated billions to over 25 charitable foundations.... [tags: Bill Gates, Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation]
1349 words (3.9 pages)
- What is a hero. Do they put the bad guys in jail and make the community a better place. There are many ways to define what a hero is and who is worthy to be called a hero. Bill Gates is an international hero. Son of a successful lawyer, and whose mother was a businesswoman, expectations for Bill were surely high. Since the age of 13 he created several programs some that included hacking his school’s computer system, and some for his school, which included one that was able to collect every teacher’s attendance.... [tags: Bill Gates, Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation]
1091 words (3.1 pages)
- The American dream to many is the social climb of classes and accumulation of wealth. For some it is just maybe getting their dream job or getting into their number one college. Everyone has dreams of what they want to be or do when they are older. Many have no clue if they are making the right decision, but some are so determined that nothing could get into their way. Some people just have dreams of doing something they enjoy but never really imagine it going that far. All major companies started off as ideas that someone had and decided to make it into a reality.... [tags: Bill Gates, Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation]
1683 words (4.8 pages)
- Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation – A Tradition of Giving Both the Gates and French families instilled the values of volunteerism and civic engagement. Our families believed that if life happens to bless you, you should use those gifts as well and as wisely as you can. ¬– Bill and Melinda Gates In 2000, the founder of Microsoft, Bill Gates, and his wife, Melinda French Gates, founded the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation also known as the Gates Foundation. The Gates Foundation has a diverse global presence with its headquarters in Seattle, Washington and other offices in India, China, Europe, Middle East, and several regions in Africa (Foundation fact sheet, 2015, para.... [tags: Bill Gates, Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation]
1114 words (3.2 pages)
- Bill Gates People, nowadays, spend many of their time with technology, working or having fun. One of those people who has contributed to technology is Steve Jobs, who created Apple Inc. which revolutionized the computer and mainly tablet industry with its amazing features. As equal as important as Steve Jobs, Marc Andreessen lead the creation of NCSA Mosaic, the web browser that transformed how we think about the World Wide Web. Additional to that, Tim Berners-Lee created the World Wide Web, which changed the way people communicate, work, study, and play.... [tags: microsoft, bill gates, ibm]
659 words (1.9 pages)
- Becoming the richest man in the world, Bill Gates is one of the most influential men. Not only is Bill Gates one of the most influential figures in the world, but he is also one of the most influential figures in the business world. Bill Gates was born on October 28, 1955, in Seattle, Washington. Gates was born into already well established family. “His father, William Henry Gates Jr., was a successful lawyer, and his mother, Mary Maxwell, was chairwoman of United Way International.”(Stevenson).... [tags: Bill Gates, Warren Buffett]
817 words (2.3 pages)
- Bill Gates Leader Report My favorite leader is William Henry Gates III, or Bill Gates to most people. Bill Gates is a computer engineer and world-class entrepreneur. He founded Microsoft Corporation in 1975 with a high school friend named Paul Allen. The leadership role that he serves is chairman and chief software architect of Microsoft Corporation. Up until 1998, Gates was CEO of the company, but he relieved himself of those duties, and currently is only a software architect and serves on the Microsoft committee.... [tags: Bill Gates]
1327 words (3.8 pages)
- Management and Change, Bill Gates William (Bill) H. Gates is chairman and chief software architect of Microsoft Corporation, the worldwide leader in software, services and Internet technologies for personal and business computing. Microsoft had revenues of US$32.19 billion for the fiscal year ending June 2002, and employs more than 50,000 people in 72 countries and regions. Born on Oct. 28, 1955, Gates grew up in Seattle with his two sisters. Their father, William H. Gates II, is a Seattle attorney.... [tags: Bill Gates Microsoft]
1978 words (5.7 pages)
- Bill Gates's Leaderhsip A Visionary Leader: Traits If we are talking creativity and ideas, Bill Gates is an American unoriginal. He is Microsoft's chief and co-founder, he is the world's richest man, and his career delivers this message: It can be wiser to follow than to lead. Let the innovators hit the beaches and take the losses; if you hold back and follow, you can clean up in peace and quiet. Gates is the Bing Crosby of American technology, granted he is an unusually hard-driving and successful businessman.... [tags: Management Leadership Bill Gates]
902 words (2.6 pages)