Textbroker – Freelance Author - October 2013 onwards
I have now been selling the rights to my written work on an online contract based platform for a reasonable period of time. This role has centred on rapidly and effectively fulfilling competitively advertised client briefs for technical writing. My work in this regard has been published on a professional basis, largely within the fields of advertising and information provision. I have also engaged in more informal original content creation such as developing blog content concerning current technological or cultural issues.
Feedback for my work has consistently been graded as excellent by a vast number of anonymous clients, marking it as being of superb value for the per-word rate offered. This role has proven both my high standards of technical literacy and my ability to create, develop and edit highly original non-fiction prose quickly and efficiently within a controlled environment.
South Somerset National Trust – Research and Development Intern - June 2013 - October 2013
This internship represented a significant promotion in responsibility and influence. Over five months, I undertook a set itinerary that fully utilized my abilities in research, analysis, rhetoric and social co-ordination in order to assist South Somerset National Trust in fulfilment of localised mid-term goals. These tasks combined contributed substantially to meeting the overarching objective within South Somerset National Trust of a complete operational overhaul by Q2 2015. Compiled into a concise 10,000 word report, my research outlined (and suggested viable solutions to) the conservational, curatorial and contextual challenges that Montacute House will be...
... middle of paper ...
...ionalism at all times. The experience set me in good stead for dealing with unusual or difficult situations regarding heritage.
Balsam Garden Services – Assistant – 2006 - 2010
This job involved undertaking basic and skilled manual labour in various gardens as part of a team in order to provide maintenance to them. It involved such standard tasks as weeding, mowing and hedge trimming.
King Arthur's Community School – I.C.T Technican – 2005
My period of secondary school work experience involved intense development of my computer skills, in both I.T and practical electronics. It set me in good stead for maintaining a very high standard of technological literacy.
I possess Level 3 authorisation training in C.M.S. Software, . I also possess an excellent grasp of all Microsoft Office and equivalent Open Office
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Work experience and placements are becoming more common. There are work experience programmes that are “organised as part of university degree courses” (High Fliers Research Ltd., 2015). This means students are able to get work experience within their degree, and so are able to experience the working environment before they have graduated. “The number of work experience places available to students and recent graduates has now jumped by more than 40% since 2010” (High Fliers Research Ltd., 2015).... [tags: Employment, Wage, Graduation, Intern]
1370 words (3.9 pages)
- Due to my sporadic work schedule, ruthless supervisors, and lethargic co-workers, the two and a half years at my current job as a PSE Clerk at the Post Office is the most stressful job I have ever had. The fact that my work schedule could be fluctuated made my work experience at the Post Office start of rocky. When I first got hired, Human Resources told me I was going to have to have a flexible work schedule, but I could never imagine what I would have to experience. On my first week there, my reporting supervisor had me work three days for twelve shifts.... [tags: Employment, Working time, Shift work, Want]
730 words (2.1 pages)
- Report on Work Experience (task D) Name of work experience provider- Skylark country store and garden centre Nature of organisation – garden centre and café (to sell gardening good and animal feed) Organisation structure chart – Job Description, main duties and Responsibilities; • Animal care/garden centre assistant • Feeding animals every morning and evening • Lamb feeding with public, bottle fed, give a talk about the lambs • Cutting grass/tending to paddocks/ general animal care • Checking on animals • Filling up waters and ensuring all water troughs are clean Regular daily routine; • Feed lambs 11am + 3pm • Feed and water all animals • Muck out • Visually health check • Make... [tags: Occupational safety and health, Employment, Garden]
1691 words (4.8 pages)
- ... Furthermore, this type of discrimination generally results in substantially different rate of selection in hiring, promotion, transfer, training, or in other employment decisions which work to the disadvantage of members of a protected group or gender. Disparate treatment discrimination, on the other hand, occurs when an employer treats an employee or applicant of a protected class differently from a non-protected class employee or applicant in a similar situation. Additionally, disparate treatment refers to a theory of discrimination in which an individual is treated less favorably than his/her similarly situated peers because of gender, race, etc.... [tags: Discrimination, Affirmative action, Employment]
723 words (2.1 pages)
- ... SEWA is a registered trade union of self-employed women who constitute 93% of the labour force of India. SEWA is both an organisation and a movement. It aims to organise women workers for full employment, whereby they obtain work security, income security, food security and social security (particularly health care, child care and shelter). I was associated with the health care and child care programs. I got the opportunity to implement a variety of social work approaches during my work at SEWA.... [tags: Social work, Sociology, Health care]
1311 words (3.7 pages)
- Employment Law Overview Issues concerning employees will consume a large percentage of a small business principal’s time as well as that of management staff (who are also employees). It is the owner’s responsibility to be well-versed on employment laws pertinent to any given employment issue. Management personnel should also be trained to recognize issues that may be subject to application of employment laws, both federal and state. Owners and managers don’t have time learn and apply all the nuances of legal matters; besides, their time is far better spent focusing on running and growing the business.... [tags: Law, Lawyer, Employment, Corporation]
1327 words (3.8 pages)
- Ethical issues and Employment Law As an organization develops their testing and hiring process, it is vital for the company to make their employee selection decisions, based on meaningful and relevant information to job applicants, and the position they are applying for. As organizations test applicants, they must choose tests that are reliable and valid so they can learn as much about the applicant as they possibly can. Once managers select the minimum criteria for the position they wish to fill, they must ensure the test(s), are fair and unbiased in considering race, gender, cultural differences, and disabilities of the applicant.... [tags: Employment]
1018 words (2.9 pages)
- Employment Acts 2002 and 2008, and the Work and Families Act 2006 The Employment Act 2002 is covered in a number of areas within the employment law. So the right to maternity pay and paternity pay for parents or employees who have children are able to ask for a flexible work schedule so that they have time left for their children and monitoring of equal opportunities. The Work and Families Act 2006 generally extended some aspects of the Employment Act of 2002 by offering legislation to employees and families which includes: Extended maternity pay from six months to nine months Extended rights for carers adults to have flexible working hours Extended paternity pay for fathers Improved communi... [tags: Employment, Minimum wage, Employment compensation]
1199 words (3.4 pages)
- Outside Employment (Moonlighting) and Activities Employees may not hold outside jobs or be involved in outside business, educational, community, political, and charitable activities that may impact CyberTech’s business interests, consume company resources or create conflicts of interest, or affect employee’s performance. An employee’s position at CyberTech is considered to be of primary importance over any outside employment. Furthermore, employees are expected to devote their full attention and energy to CyberTech while on the job.... [tags: Termination of employment, Employment, Resignation]
950 words (2.7 pages)
- Hone Employment Opportunities Most of us are aware of our current unemployment situation and how it is becoming increasing harder to find employment as a results of jobs drying up and more jobs are expected to be lost. If you are unemployed and desperate for a job, you need to read this because Home Job Group has helped thousands of of people just like you to find real work from home jobs. In this article, I am going to discuss why Home Employment Opportunities are growing, the benefits you will gain by becoming a member and what to expect when you join.... [tags: Employment ]
504 words (1.4 pages)
- What is Internet Addiction?
- Transnational Community Literacy: Exploring the Franklin Elementary Surroundings
- How Does Patient Centered Care Compare to Inattention to Patient´s Self Concept Effect Outcome in Disease Processes?
- The Push and Pull Factor of Sydney, Australia
- The Postive and Negative Aspects of Living in Toronto, Canda
- Violent Video Games and Their Effect on Teenagers