The Careto will create an encrypted VPN connection back to a Command and Control server (C2), which will appear to be a normal connection back to a workstation on the network. Through remote services the APT will be able to move laterally throughout the Control and Corporate networks, using data compression to package and exfiltrate intellectual idea and sensitive data about the WI generator station. Finally, the APT will then take control of the HMI and PLC devices.
The Cyber Kill chain is an explanat...
... middle of paper ...
... proper processing of visitors in and out of the facility. A policy to create network back-ups, network back-ups gives administrators the ability to return to known good, and to retrieve lost information. Lastly, and incident response raising information assurance by giving employees the understanding of what to do if they detect issues on their workstation, or feel they are a victim of social engineering.
Defense in Depth is used to protect the most critical assets within and organization. The recommendation put forth will ensure the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of the WI power grid generator station. Defense in Depth starts with people because people are the most important asset of any organization. When policies and procedures are put in place correctly, they will safeguard the network and protect the people from inside and outside intruders.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Cyber security is defined as the protection of information on computer systems and the protection of the hardware that supports or stores the information on computers or servers. This level of protection can include controlling physical access to the hardware, as well as protecting against harm that may come from local or remote network access, data and code injection and due to malpractice by system operators, who may have been tricked by outside personnel to place the system in a compromising situation.... [tags: Computer security, Information security, Computer]
833 words (2.4 pages)
- I am proposing to write about becoming a network and computer systems administrator, one of the reasons I chose this field to do my final project on is I am already in this field of work and feel that I have a fairly good background and plenty of information to share with others. I started in the Information Technology field in 2000 as a System Support Specialist for a fairly good sized Insurance Company. I have always like computer and figuring out what makes them work so when I had the chance to apply for a job in this field I jumped at it.... [tags: Computer Job Careeres]
1581 words (4.5 pages)
- What is a computer crime. A computer crime is an illegal activity that is executed via a computer. A computer crime is very similar to a normal crime. The only difference is the means in which the act is carried out. An individual can commit theft, trespassing, embezzlement and fraud. The guidelines to what is an offense act depend on the jurisdiction of the crime. The introduction of the internet has heightened the threat of these crimes. Authorities have difficulty investigating computer crimes and capture computer criminals.... [tags: Personal computer, Computer, Theft, Crime]
1360 words (3.9 pages)
- Becoming a computer programmer would be great because there are many options in this career by having the ability to produce an operating system, or a game for the world. Computer programmers have many opportunities in life to find a job they would love. Programmers can work independently, or in a big company. Programmers have and are creating the future for computers. Computer programmers have a wide range on what they can do. Computer programmers write the detailed list of instructions the computer will follow in the software (Great Sample Resume).... [tags: technology, computer software]
1078 words (3.1 pages)
- Computerized Maintenance Management Systems INTRODUCTION Facilities departments are under tremendous pressure to provide more information faster, and at a lower cost to the company. At the same time many companies have reduce staff to the bare minimum. Maintenance professional are presented with more difficult challenges today than at any previous point. The biggest obstacle of all confronting maintenance professionals is being forced to do more with fewer resources. Maintenance departments must deliver superior service, comply with regulatory requirements and provided detail financial accountably all within the confines of limited and/or reduce budgets.... [tags: Computer, Operating system, Personal computer]
1058 words (3 pages)
- Increase Employee Productivity with Technology Staying ahead of the competition and increasing profits are the fundamental objectives for every organization. However, many firms today continue to invest extensively in business development activities and less on employee productivity. This mindset ignores the firm’s chief asset and its core foundation, its workforce. The fact is employee productivity can make or break a firm, and a firm staffed with underperforming employees will inevitably fail regardless of the amount invested into business development.... [tags: Application software, Computer software]
1309 words (3.7 pages)
- The Home Depot is a retail store for the more do it yourself people that have home improvement and construction products and services. This company has been at the top of the list for construction and home improvement retailers since 1978 and an annual revenue of close to $80 billion from over 2,000 locations. In 2014 this organization was hit with arguably the biggest retailer breach in history, topping the target breach in the previous year. This was the first time that Home Depot had been breached to this scale and they took a devastating blow.... [tags: Credit card, Computer security, Debit card]
886 words (2.5 pages)
- Competitive advantage of an organization is aims to promote a more profits from competition. Achieved through many avenues include produce a quality product or a good service in the market. Competitive advantage helps the company maintain a good position in the long time and improve the quality of products as the company's image in the developed market potential. Outsourcing is an arrangement in terms of services provided to other companies or prepared at home. It is a trend that is becoming in information technology, is considered as the intrinsic to manage the business of the company.... [tags: competitive advantage, IT, outsourcing, virus]
1925 words (5.5 pages)
- Employer as Little Brother Introduction The term "Big Brother" is watching you refer to how the Federal Government can monitor your every move, if desired. From the amount you money you earn and how much you pay in taxes to who you are talking to and when on your telephone or cell phone. Now there is a new term beginning to common place, "Little Brother is watching you". This term refers to how an employer can monitor your actions on the job in an office environment due to the technology now available to the employer to monitor and read what you are doing on the company computer.... [tags: Employee Monitoring Management Business]
1109 words (3.2 pages)
- Computer Fraud and Crimes In the world of computers, computer fraud and computer crime are very prevalent issues facing every computer user. This ranges from system administrators to personal computer users who do work in the office or at home. Computers without any means of security are vulnerable to attacks from viruses, worms, and illegal computer hackers. If the proper steps are not taken, safe computing may become a thing of the past. Many security measures are being implemented to protect against illegalities.... [tags: essays research papers fc]
1006 words (2.9 pages)