When Responsible Doctors Should Call for Planned C-sections
As an expectant mother, you are not responsible for knowing when a cesarean section is needed to protect your health and the health of your baby, but all doctors and midwifes are. Before your delivery date, your OBGYN should tell you that you absolutely need a C-section if your baby is feet-down in your womb, you are expecting twins or triplets, or you have a vaginal infection your baby could catch during delivery (such as herpes simplex). In addition, if you previously delivered a previous child through C-section, you should be told to have an additional C-section to avoid uterine rupture. If you have heart disease or high blood pressure before you deliver, then a c-section should also be considered carefully by your OBGYN.
If your OBGYN does not call for a cesarean section delivery after recognizing that it is needed, then it can result in disastrous consequences in the delivery room and prolonged labor that could have been avoided had your doctor insisted on a C-section before you delivered. A vagina...
... middle of paper ...
...y could both die in the delivery room.
Every doctor you visit while pregnant has the duty to tell you when they find any information about you or your baby that leads to this type of delivery being the best option. Delivery room doctors and midwives also need to know when to make the call for an emergency C-section, because their only duty is to ensure your baby comes out as healthy as possible while keeping you in good health. If you suspect that any of your doctors did not make the right call, then speak with a medical malpractice attorney. If you are unsure what led to your baby or child 's health problems or yours that began after delivery, then a good birth injury attorney can gain access to important documentation prepared by your OBGYN, delivery room doctors, and midwives prepared before and after you delivered that may finally give you the answers you need.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Over the years birthing methods have changed a great deal. When technology wasn’t so advanced there was only one method of giving birth, vaginally non-medicated. However, in today’s society there are now more than one method of giving birth. In fact, there are three methods: Non-medicated vaginal delivery, medicated vaginal delivery and cesarean delivery, also known as c-section. In the cesarean delivery there is not much to prepare for before the operation, except maybe the procedure of the operation.... [tags: Cesarean Section Pregnancy Birth Birthing Methods]
1217 words (3.5 pages)
- Many expecting mothers today do not know the risk factor associated with C-Section. They tend to follow the instructions giving to them by their doctors without researching other options. This handbook provides information on procedures expectant mothers can follow to avoid getting a C- section when it is time for them to give birth. The purpose of this handbook is to advise expectant mothers to avoid getting a C- section when it is time for them to give birth. In addition, the report discusses what a C-section is and the risk factors associated with it.... [tags: giving birth procedures]
900 words (2.6 pages)
- A newlywed couple is expecting their first child. In her seventh month of pregnancy, the mother is driving to her doctor’s appointment. All of the sudden, she is hit on the driver’s side. She is unconscious and quickly rushed to the hospital. The doctor examines her; her placenta is ruptured. The doctor contacts the father for consent of the emergency caesarean section since the mother is incapacitated. The mother and child are in fatal danger if the doctor does not move quickly. The father consents to the surgery.... [tags: Childbirth, Pregnancy, Infant, Caesarean section]
1156 words (3.3 pages)
- Discuss the following elements found in the plan: a. The most important mission, goal or objective of the plan and why. The state CEMP describes the basic strategies, assumptions, operational objectives, and mechanisms through which the SERT will mobilize resources and conduct activities to guide and support local emergency management efforts through preparedness, response, recovery, and mitigation. To facilitate effective operations, the CEMP adopts a functional approach that groups the types of assistance to be provided by the 18 Emergency Support Functions (ESFs).... [tags: Emergency management, Emergency service]
1513 words (4.3 pages)
- ... FEMA’s ultimate goal with the CPG 101 looks to standardize and simplify the process to assist EOP authors in the development of viable plans that addresses all hazards and threats. National Incident Management System The CPG 101 incorporates the concepts of the National Incident Management System (NIMS) into the planning guide. NIMS is the result of Homeland Security Directive Five. The directive came from President Bush February 28, 2003. The goal of NIMS was to offer a necessary foundation for emergency management to identify, prepare, respond and recover in any emergent situation.... [tags: emergency management, response plans]
980 words (2.8 pages)
- Terrorism causes a lot of chaos in the community but can cause much worse chaos when events also attack those responding to incidents. As leaders for emergency responders we have to promote safety to these individuals and make sure they understand the response for such events. As the leader of an organization SOPs need to be in place to keep fire responders safe and making sure they don’t put themselves in a dangerous situation. It is natural instinct especially for first responders to run in and provide aid to the injured but we have to train personnel to recognize these events and sometimes hold back until properly trained teams can come in to check for possible collapses or secondary dev... [tags: Emergency management, Emergency service]
1138 words (3.3 pages)
- ... To even be considered competitive you have to have at least an A average and get at least 35 out of 45 the average score is only a thirty(How to Become an ER Doctor). If you get into a medical school like at the same place you were to complete your under graduate classes then you won’t have that much of a change, but if you want to change school then it will be a bigger change. If you were to go to Stanford, which is one of the most prestigious university’s in America, then you would have a better chance at getting into a residency program.... [tags: emergency medicine, medical school]
1041 words (3 pages)
- What is the reason that people feel that cooking at home is the best option for them. Cooking is a very important daily activity. We cook every day, several times a day. For many people, one of the first things they do when they wake up, is to cook. Eating out is not always a convenient option, or even the best option. Cooking at home gives you healthier choices and the option to choose better recipes and better quality ingredients. These options are not available in menus and the healthier menu options are often more expensive, showing that nothing is superior to preparing your own food at home with quality ingredients chosen by yourself.... [tags: Nutrition, Food, Cooking, Restaurant]
1207 words (3.4 pages)
- Americans today tend to believe that going to college is preferably the best option. Higher education is the route to success and that it will indeed land us our dream job. Furthering your education will enhance your knowledge and give you the skills you need to give you a better life. I believe that college is the best option, furthering your education will give you a better chance in getting the better paying job with a higher education verse having a High School Diploma. You can’t put faith into assuming that someone will just give you a job or you’ll just meet the requirements for that particular position.... [tags: Higher education, Academic degree, High school]
1087 words (3.1 pages)
- Congratulations. You have finally made it to the last year of high school, seniors. Your secondary education path is coming to the end and now you must start considering your next option. Is college your best option. Does college education matter to you. If yes, what are your possible next options. And if not, then allow me to give you reasons why you should consider about attending college. Deciding where your post-secondary education path will commence is a difficult task. You will be spending countless hours researching for the right school.... [tags: Higher education, College, High school, University]
993 words (2.8 pages)