Electronic cigarettes are more accessible to kids aged 18 and under. Today in the U.S there is a debate about cigarettes being outlawed. Although people in the U.S believe that e cigs should be outlawed because they are easier to access for kids under the age 18 they are causing kids to get hurt by e cigs; however some people might say E-cigs are enjoyable and are better than regular cigarettes.
Others might say that E-cigs are just nothing but water vapor and can’t harm you. But, what they don’t know is that it’s more than just water vapor there is a lot of poisonous chemicals involving the liquid. Electronic cigarettes shouldn’t be outlawed because they are beneficial for regular cigarette smokers. Some people believe that e cigs are not harmful and are actually better to use than regular cigarettes. E-cigs are less harmful than regular cigarettes. They mimic the sensations of traditional cigarettes but do not burn or create tobacco smoke or ashes. Nor do they contain tar, the main cause of cancer in smokers”. e cigs bring lots of health advantages to smokers they are less harmful for smokers. For example, E-cigs can help regular smokers cut down on smoking cigarettes. Regular smokers can smoke spend less on cigarettes and incest in having an E-cig. Some might say they are cheaper than spending more than 20 dollars or more on three boxes of cigarettes. They think that is is beneficial for smoker who are having hard time trying to quit smoking and this could be an alternative for them instead having to quit. E-cigs have a tremendous untapped potential to positively change the lives of adult smokers of traditional cigarettes. They are more accessible to kids under 18 and they can be very...
... middle of paper ...
...er than smoking. While protecting non-smoking children and ensuring the products on the market are as safe and effective as possible are clearly important goals, new regulations currently planned should also maximise the public health opportunities of E-Cigs. Electronic cigarettes are harming teens because they know what’s in electronic cigarettes and is causing to hurt their bodies more because they dont know whats in the liquid that’s providing with the electronic cigarettes.
Smokers usually start developing eye conditions around the age 50 but non smokers is increasing and they are developing eye conditions at a younger age. Traditional tobacco smokers remain most at risk, with double the chances of developing an eye condition known as age-related macular degeneration whilst research indicates that smoke from e-cigarettes can cause eye irritation such as dry eye.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Smoking became a staple of Southern United States culture when it's environment proved perfect for growing and harvesting tobacco. With Kentucky and North Carolina “accounting for 71% of tobacco grown in the United States,” it is easy to see how the smoking culture is so deeply embedded and loved by southerners (“Economies”). Since the birth of this relationship in the late eighteenth century, a plethora of research has shown many negative side effects of smoking tobacco, such as: cancer, increased risk for respiratory disease and cardiovascular disease, and tooth decay (“Economies”).... [tags: smoke free, laws, regulations]
1365 words (3.9 pages)
- Cigarettes should be outlawed in every single place on this planet there is nothing positive that it contributes. First let me start off by saying that whenever I go to a restaurant there is a couple of cigarette smokers that stand outside and they think there not causing harm but I see people who are walking in get irritated by the smell especially me, and they are standing right in front of the door to make matters worse. When I get near cigarettes I always get a minor headache but just imagine if a family is bringing their baby how that baby would react to the second hand smoke destroying their fragile lungs.... [tags: Smoking, Tobacco smoking, Cigarette, Lung cancer]
1557 words (4.4 pages)
- The use of electronic cigarettes, or “vaping”, is slowly growing to be a problem to our government. Vaping is starting to take over the smoking industry, so the government feels the need to step in and regulate it somehow. Electronic cigarettes, or “vapes”, should not be regulated by our government. The juice that these electronic cigarettes contain consists of vegetable glycerin, propylene glycol, and pure nicotine. More propylene glycol in the juice makes for more flavor, and more vegetable glycerin makes for more vapor production.... [tags: Nicotine, Tobacco, Smoking, Electronic cigarette]
794 words (2.3 pages)
- From my late teens, into my mid-twenties, I was a smoker. At first, it was just recreational; however that changed fairly quickly. I began buying them and smoking regularly throughout the day. It then progressed to smoking a pack per day until it was too late. I was officially addicted. I knew it was a terrible habit and I was shamed of it and would hide it from friends and family hoping they wouldn’t find out. Finally, after coughing hacking, and repeatedly getting sick several times a year, I came to the realization that I had to quit.... [tags: Electronic Cigarettes Essays]
2416 words (6.9 pages)
- Electronic cigarettes, or e-cigs, have been around for nearly ten years. They have steadily been increasing in popularity as more and more people switch. In America alone, there are approximately 2.5 million e-cig users. Everybody knows that smoking cigarettes is not a healthy choice. We all know this and yet millions of Americans still smoke them. It is extremely difficult to stop and many people fail. There are numerous cessation products, such as nicotine gum or the patch, which are not very effective.... [tags: Nicotine, Tobacco, Smoking, Electronic cigarette]
1028 words (2.9 pages)
- Social Lens In addition to its medical and environmental improvements, e-cigarettes have also affected the public. Since traditional cigarettes have been around for hundreds of years, it may prove difficult for some people to accept electronic cigarettes as a higher quality substitution for traditional cigarettes. However, this is usually because people have not received the opportunity to learn about e-cigarettes and the aid they can provide for citizens that want a better alternative to traditional tobacco smoking.... [tags: Nicotine, Tobacco, Smoking, Cigarette]
1647 words (4.7 pages)
- One of the biggest problems with society today is children and young adults are turning to electronic cigarettes for a source to nicotine. It is understood that some people might think that electronic cigarettes are better for people but here is why they are not. Electronic cigarettes have the same consequences as normal cigarettes with very few differences, such as in electronic cigarettes there is no tobacco and there is no carbon monoxide. Some might not know what is really in electronic cigarettes.... [tags: Tobacco, Nicotine, Cigarette, Smoking]
736 words (2.1 pages)
- Electronic Cigarettes are a rapidly expanding market with a considerable amount of growth potential. “The U.S. sales have escalated from 50,000 devices in 2008 to 3.5 million in 2012” (Wahba). “The U.S. sales are projected to increase by 24.2% annually through 2018” (Fillon). Is this blossoming market actually helping with smoking cessation efforts, or is it just another way for tobacco companies to make money. Several tobacco companies have started to sell these electronic nicotine delivery devices, as they can be used in places where traditional cigarettes have been banned.... [tags: Nicotine, Tobacco, Smoking, Cigarette]
1240 words (3.5 pages)
- Electronic cigarettes have been a massive hit lately in the U.S. market. E-cigarettes do not technically produce smoke, but they do produce vapor and are not much different from ordinary cigarettes. Even though e-cigarette may be considered safer than regular cigarettes it still contains nicotine and other chemicals that are harmful to the human body. E-cigarettes can be a positive measure opposite of tobacco products, but in the long run it is no different than regular cigarettes and could lead to negative outcomes.... [tags: ordinary cigarettes, vaping]
624 words (1.8 pages)
- The electronic cigarette is claimed to be a healthier alternative than smoking a cigarette. The next big thing in the tobacco industry and are they safe as they claim to be. One of the claims is it will help stop all the effects of second hand smoke. The electronic cigarette has many known and un-known chemicals in them such as nicotine. The study of electronic cigarette can give us answers to the question are electronic cigarette safer than smoking cigarette. They claim to be less toxic to second hand smokers unlike tobacco cigarette, but electronic cigarette is just as toxic to the user as the cigarette is.... [tags: Cigarette, Tobacco, Electronic cigarette]
731 words (2.1 pages)