Many people argue that governments should not dedicate a l...
... middle of paper ...
...le as possible along with being friendly with the environment that the whole humanity lives in. It is time today, more than any time before, to implement practical steps to rescue the “soul” of this environment that is suffering from various harmful activities that are caused by human beings, before a point is reached where it would be too late for us to fix the environmental status or even to change our habits that we were used to it.
Hawkins, T., Singh, B., & Stromman, A. (2012, October 4). Comparative environmental life cycle assessment of conventional and electric vehicles. Retrieved from http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/j.1530-9290.2012.00532.x/abstract
Jennifer, K. (n.d.). How does car pollution affect the environment & ozone layer?. Retrieved from http://homeguides.sfgate.com/car-pollution-affect-environment-ozone-layer-79358.html
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Global climate change is becoming an ever more relevant topic, and the reality of the issue is becoming more apparent. Support is growing to combat the effects, and one of the assumed ways is by driving eco-friendly vehicles such as the Toyota Prius or other hybrid cars. However, after researching some questions arise of just how eco-friendly these products are. One will explore the environmental effects of hybrid and all-electric vehicles. There are also economic impacts and social factors that will be addressed and they directly affect the production and consumption of these vehicles.... [tags: alternatives to conventional fuel consumng cars]
3166 words (9 pages)
- I. INTRODUCTION There is currently a challenge that the world is facing; the need for a convenient and affordable form of transportation that does not contribute to the destruction of the environment. There are many obstacles that make this a difficult task to achieve. Hybrid cars do use electricity as one of their main sources of energy, however the batteries used in these cars do not store enough charge to ensure the car’s ability to travel great distances. Because of this, hybrid vehicles have a second engine which runs on gasoline.... [tags: environment, electrical, energy, procedures]
1415 words (4 pages)
- The Efficiency of Hybrid Cars Transportation is a large concern in today’s modern world. Most individuals have opted to buy vehicles for their personal use. Most of these vehicles consume gasoline and a smaller proportion is hybrid based. These two types of vehicles have many similarities. The two such vehicles require an energy source and both types of vehicles provide an important function to society. That function is to provide people with a reliable form of transportation. Although these two types of vehicles have many similarities, their differences are what distinguish them.... [tags: Hybrid Cars Car Gasoline Efficient Essays]
732 words (2.1 pages)
- Four decades ago gas was on the double digits. Well now you don't have to worry about buying gas , With an electrical vehicle. The first electric car was operated in the 80s. Electrical car were popular in the late 19th century and the early 20th century, until advances in the internal combustion engine technology mass production was cheaper, Than gasoline vehicles led to the decline in the use of electric drive vehicles, The energy crisis of the 1970s and 1980s a short-lived interested in electric cars, although these cars did not reach the mass marketing stage, as in the case of 21 century.... [tags: alternative modes of transportation]
1368 words (3.9 pages)
- There are only a hand-full of alternatives to petroleum(or diesel)fueled cars in the world. such as electric cars,solar cars,vegetable oil cars,and even cars powered by ‘fast-food’ grease. but there is another type of alternative fuel for cars that many people do not know about,or even heard about,or even thought that this very simple element,(which we use every single day,and use it to survive) could ever be considered as an alternative fuel for cars.This element which you are using right now, is air. It seems like a brilliant,genius idea to use air,the most common simple substance in the world,as an alternative energy.So why do we not use it as one?well actually air has been used for t... [tags: Environment, Alternative Energy, Fuel]
1451 words (4.1 pages)
- The History and Advantages of Electric Cars Early electric vehicles may have appeared as early as 1830. Scottish inventor Robert Davidson constructed the world's first prototype electric vehicle in 1837, but historians generally credit J.K. Starley, an English inventor, and Fred M. Kimball of Boston with building the first practical electric cars in 1888. Later in the in the decade, William Morrison of Des Moines, Iowa, constructed his version of the electric vehicle in 1891. His vehicle required 24 storage battery cells, took 10 hours to charge, and could run for 13 hours.... [tags: Papers]
1225 words (3.5 pages)
- Benefits of Hybrid Cars Transportation is very important to our every day lives. Throughout the history, many evolutions and changes have been made in transportation technology, and it continues growing at a rapid pace. At first, people used horses and horse trailers as their main transportation. Then in the Industrial Revolution, the steam engine was invented. Later, there was the invention of the combustion engine, and it is the beginning of the automobile industry. Many changes and improvements have been made in the development of automobiles.... [tags: Fuel Energy Driving Gas Pollution Essays Papers]
1372 words (3.9 pages)
- A hybrid vehicle uses multiple propulsion systems to provide motive power. This most commonly refers to gasoline-electric hybrid vehicles, which use gasoline (petrol) to power internal-combustion engines (ICEs), and electric batteries to power electric motors. Modern mass-produced hybrids, such as the Toyota Prius, recharge their batteries by capturing kinetic energy via regenerative braking. As well, when cruising or idling, some of the output of the combustion engine is fed to a generator (merely the electric motor(s) running in generator mode) which produces electricity to charge the batteries.... [tags: Gasoline Electric Hybrid Automobiles]
1034 words (3 pages)
- The issue of electric car has been arising nowadays. But many of us never really find a true example of the uses of electric cars in everyday life. From the article “Electrical Engineering”, an Australian built his own electric car from a second hand Porsche. The article proves that having a private electric cars is no longer a dream. But do all people know the good things and the bad things about having a private electric car. Now, what electric vehicles really are. Simply put, electric vehicles are vehicles that are powered by an electric motor instead of an internal combustion engine.... [tags: essays research papers]
1061 words (3 pages)
- Just about everyone wants a car but no one Wants to pay for gas well now thanks to technology we don’t have to yes thanks to the discovery of the electronic car people can travel solely on the power of electricity but most people say that Unless some new type of battery is invented these electronic Car are nothing more than a dream but these are far more than a dream and very much so a part of reality But what does the future hold for these cars Well electricity is already a large part of our lives so to start using electricity powered cars would not be so much of a change from our normal routine as people may seem to think And they’re already many people using these electrical cars one m... [tags: essays research papers]
1788 words (5.1 pages)