... middle of paper ...
...als in same-sex relationship, awareness should be informed to all. These two populations who are victims of sexual violence should be offered the services needed for the assault they experienced. It may be hard for them express their assault to another person, but social workers and counselors are available for victims of assault to help them overcome a traumatic experience, build their confidence to speak out, and offer them the services needed for their physical, psychological, and emotional needs. It should also be known that men and same-sex victims of assault are human beings who deserve the same acknowledgement as any female, child, young and older, and heterosexual who was assaulted and abused without any judgment. After an assault was done to a male and/or same-sex individual, other individuals should not judge the assault as being acceptable, and unnoticed.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- I. Issue – Defining of DV vs. Elder Abuse With respect to older women, the issue is that there is a serious lack in differentiating between elder abuse and domestic violence. The discrepancy causes confusion as to what agency to report either volunteered or mandated cases of abuse (Kilbane & Spira, 2010). Furthermore, it is because of reporting errors that victims of abuse may not receive the services that are congruent to the type of abuse (Kilbane & Spira, 2010) indicating, “…a lack of centralized reporting of cases….” (Kilbane & Spira, 2010, p.... [tags: older adult, sexual abuse, protection]
971 words (2.8 pages)
- In order to have an understanding of sexual abuse, one must know how to define sexual abuse. “The term sexual assault refers to sexual contact or behavior that occurs without explicit consent of the victim (Rainn.org).” There are many different forms of sexual abuse and it can happen to anyone. Sexual assault is not only hurtful to the ones it happens to, but it can have a lasting effect on the people around them as well. Sexual abuse is a crime that can often go overlooked depending on who it happens to.... [tags: Rape, Human sexual behavior, Child abuse]
881 words (2.5 pages)
- Today, in America the population of older people is being seen as more active and more independent. Also, older people are living longer and are in better health. However, just as the population of older people is growing in America, so is the hidden issue of elder abuse, exploitation, and neglect. Elder abuse is an issue that affects the physical, mental, and emotional mentality of all older people no matter their race, gender, social class or religion. Until services like the justice system, health care professionals, and social service agencies work together to address this issue, elder abuse will continue to burden the ones we love so dearly.... [tags: Abuse, Child abuse, Gerontology, Physical abuse]
1015 words (2.9 pages)
- Elder abuse is not a new problem that we are seeing today, it has been going on for more than 30 year’s. However, it is only now being recognized as a criminal problem as there has been a recent spike in reported incidents. As the baby boomers are approaching senior citizenship, there has been a 14% increase on reported family violence against seniors since 2004. As Jenny Ploeg, Lynne Lohfeld, and Christine Walsh state in their 2013 article What Is “Elder Abuse”. Voices From the Margin: The Views of Underrepresented Canadian Older Adults “…people aged 65 years and older are now the fastest-growing age group.... [tags: Abuse, Child abuse, Domestic violence]
708 words (2 pages)
- Today’s society often assumes that children are a product of their parenting. This is true to a degree but often they are a product of their environment. We’ve heard the old saying, ‘the fruit doesn’t fall far from the tree” and most of us were told, “what happens in our home, stays in our home”. This type of attitude has raised generations of hurting children into hurting adults. The topic of sexual molestation and abuse of children was something that, years ago, was never discussed. Sexual abuse occurred but wasn’t admitted, talked about, or dealt with.... [tags: Domestic violence, Child abuse, Sexual abuse]
856 words (2.4 pages)
- Elder abuse is not a new problem that we are seeing today, it has been going on for more than 30 year’s. However, it is only now being recognized as a criminal problem as there has been a recent spike in reported incidents. As the baby boomers are approaching senior citizenship, there has been a 14% increase on reported family violence against seniors since 2004. As Jenny Ploeg, Lynne Lohfeld, and Christine Walsh state in their 2013 article What Is “Elder Abuse”. Voices From the Margin: The Views of Underrepresented Canadian Older Adults “…people aged 65 years and older are now the fastest-growing age group.... [tags: Abuse, Psychological abuse, Child abuse]
1423 words (4.1 pages)
- Elder abuse and neglect has been recognized as a growing problem in the United States, and this trend is likely to increase unless the appropriate steps are taken to mitigating abuse among the elderly. All states have reporting requirements for elder abuse and neglect. Education and providing the correct training for caregivers and healthcare workers in the proper care and treatment of our elder citizens. Healthcare workers, especially emergency medicine physicians and nurses, must take the lead in this industry.... [tags: Abuse, Psychological abuse, Child abuse]
1177 words (3.4 pages)
- Abuse Paper While child abuse is prevalent in today’s society, there are other populations that face victimization. The elderly and people in other special populations continue to be plagued by abuse. Therefore, it is time to examine what role the justice system plays in protecting those who continue to be victimized. Issues Associated with Intimate Partner Abuse Intimate partner abuse is also known as intimate partner violence. (IPV) This type of violence utilizes controlling behavior to demean their current or ex-partner and can occur in heterosexual and same-sex relationships (Wallace & Roberson, 2014, p.... [tags: Domestic violence, Abuse, Child abuse]
1370 words (3.9 pages)
- Elder abuse has been present in society from past times. Evidence of elder abuse can be found in Shakespeare writings and literature, and also in Greek mythology. Despite its’ constant presence throughout time, it is only recently that serious attention has been given to elderly violence. The main reason for the new recognition of this old problem is the increasing number of aging Americans. (National Center for Victims of Crime). Elderly abuse in modern times is more prevalent that in ancient times, because of the few that were tasked with the duties.... [tags: Elderly Abuse Crisis]
2529 words (7.2 pages)
- Domestic abuse something that can affect you or the people around because of the physically and mental pain you go through. Domestic abuse is when a partner in a relationship harms the other physically or mentally traumatizing them. Domestic abuse has other forms such as child abuse, elder abuse, and sexual abuse. Domestic abuse has other terms by the name of partner violence, domestic violence, spousal abuse, wife abuse, family violence, and battering. Domestic abuse is not limited by culture, ethnicity, faiths, age, sexual orientation, and education.... [tags: Child abuse, Domestic violence, Abuse]
802 words (2.3 pages)