* Eight Grade Mathematics State Curriculum Standards:
o Standard 6.0 - Number Relationship and Computation- Students will describe, represent, or apply numbers or their relationships or will estimate or compute using mental strategies, paper/pencil or technology.
o Standard 7.0 Processes of Mathematics- Students demonstrate the processes of mathematics by making connections and applying reasoning to solve problems and to communicate their findings.
* Maryland Technology Literacy Standards for Students:
o Standard 3.0 – Technology for Learning and Collaboration: Use a variety of technologies for learning and collaboration
o Standard 4.0 – Technology for Communication and Expression: Use technology to communicate information and express ideas using various media formats
o Standard 5.0 – Technology for Information Use and Management: Use technology to locate, evaluate, gather, and organize information and data.
o Standard 6.0 – Technology for Problem-Solving and Decision-Making: Demonstrate ability to use technology and develop strategies to solve problems and make informed decisions
Project and Classroom Outcomes:
* Students will be able to create and solve mathematical word problems using number relationships and computation
* Students will be able to research using internet search engines to apply to solving the word problems
* Students will be able to use Web 2.0 technology tools to connect and communicate with other students globally
Materials and Technology Resources:
* Student Handbook:
o Print the signature page that states students and parent understands the technology uses in the classr...
... middle of paper ...
Reflections are always a fundamental portion of evaluations. Reviewing the activities, methods of presenting the material, and obtaining results can evolve. As I exam each section of the lesson plan, I will determine and discuss with other teachers on how to improve the project.
o The following chart:
+ The analysis would be used to improve the lesson plan and make it more efficient in the future:
Category What went well? How can this be improved?
Registering for the Website
Navigating the Website
Obtaining signed forms
Time spent working on the activities
Time spent researching
Time spent creating word problems
Time spent grading assignments
Rigor of the assignment
Using Microsoft Word
Posting work to the website
Find Alternative Lesson Notes Here.
Visit the Student’s Activity Page
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Introduction This project integrates the concepts of curriculum design, together with aspects of lesson planning taking into consideration the abilities, level and learning styles of the students. In addition, utilizing the practices put forward under constructivism, we aim to encourage participation and interest of students, within group and individual activities. The teacher acts as facilitator and guide, providing support, feedback and praise where applicable. Bruner and Haste (1987) described learning as a complex link of language, interaction and cognition.... [tags: Curriculum Design, Teaching Techniques]
1340 words (3.8 pages)
- NTeQ Lesson Plan Project Title: Developing Time Management Unit Topic: Statistics and Data Collection Grade Level: High School (9th-12th) Overview: Students all over the world seem to battle with time management. Many students are involved in extra-curricular activities, or they work while they attend school. Therefore, they not only have the burden of the everyday school assignments, they have several responsibilities outside of school itself. This project will allow students to communicate with students from other tellecollaborating classrooms to discuss the issue of expectations versus time and create a project on their data.... [tags: essays research papers]
2331 words (6.7 pages)
- The lesson plan and sequence has been designed for a multi-grade class of year 3 and 4 students. It introduces the concept of division and extends activities for higher levels of ability in relation to the Australian Curriculum requirements for Mathematics year 3 and 4. Engaging activities have been included throughout the sequence including; class discussions, brainstorming and independent, pair and group work. It has been developed to relate to students real-life experiences alongside the use of many different learning resources such as concrete materials, digital technologies and school supportive software.... [tags: Education, Educational psychology, Teacher]
1062 words (3 pages)
- Host Teacher Interview In this interview I conducted with my host teacher at Benton STEM Elementary, I talked about the various ways that she explores strategies inside her classroom for how students are provided access to mathematical learning experiences. My host teacher has been teaching elementary education for eleven years now and is currently teaching 2nd grade. Talking with her about the various methods that she uses in the classroom really informed me of how I want to teach as a future educator.... [tags: Education, Teacher, Mathematics, Lesson plan]
1507 words (4.3 pages)
- Teaching Scenario As a first time teacher of a third grade class, I am required to meet and teach state standards to my students. I need crate an effective lesson plan that incorporates the state standards. While creating my lesson plans I need to account that not all students are the same, I have a classroom full of students with different backgrounds, abilities, levels, and different learning styles. How will you know that your students are learning everything they need to learn this year. I know my students are learning everything they need to learn this year by using formal and informal assessments and if they show improvement overall.... [tags: Assessment, Education, Educational psychology]
1087 words (3.1 pages)
- Challenger K8 school of Science and Mathematics is a magnet school, which also provides the Quest gifted program. We recently had administrative changes. We have a principal, middle school assistant principal, elementary assistant principal, and a gifted assistant principal. The appointed principal, Ms. Lisa Piesik was moved from another middle school. She has served only one year as a principal and one year as an assistant principal. Challenger has been an A rated school with high expectations of the teachers and students, we rise to the challenge of the standards and put forth effort within the learning process of the student.... [tags: Education, Teacher, Reading comprehension]
700 words (2 pages)
- Grade Level: 4 Time: 40 minutes Subject: Math Topic: Dividing and Multiplying to Find Equivalent Fractions NY State Learning Standards: Mathematics, Science, and Technology Standard 1: Analysis, Inquiry, and Design • Students will use mathematical analysis and scientific inquiry to seek answers and develop solutions. Materials: Mathematics Textbooks (page 401) Notebooks Pencils Different colored chalk Objectives: Students will be able to name and write equivalent fractions by multiplying and dividing.... [tags: essays research papers]
344 words (1 pages)
- Picture this, a young girl wearing her mother’s dress and high heels teaching her dolls, or a young boy running around with a red hat and a garden hose. From an early age, many people dream of what they wish to become when they grow up. A few individuals follow this dream; while others leave it behind as a childhood fancy and proceed to accomplish something completely different. Regardless of whether the career a person chooses was a childhood dream, or one decided on later in life, they should conduct significant research on the career.... [tags: professional career choices]
1121 words (3.2 pages)
- Nowadays, students are losing their interest in learning math this problem occurred as early as 3rd grade. For most of the time they have do not, care or attitude toward academic and their attention span are limited. For example, math and science are the hardest content for students to absorb the materials and understanding the concept. "Motivation students in mathematics course can be a challenging task" (Raines and Clark, 2011). The fourth grades students whose are in technologies rich environment their academic and behavioral are better than students whose are not.... [tags: teaching techniques, lesson plan]
799 words (2.3 pages)
- Parents have always been teachers to their children, and they are now taking control of their children 's education back. According to Dr. Brian D. Rey, of NHERI, "There are about 2.2 million home-educated students in the United States." Every year the number of homeschooling families is increasing, and parents are constantly on the look out for the best curriculum for their children. A good curriculum could allow a child to transcend their peers and set them up for a successful future. A bad curriculum could seriously hinder a child and even cause them to lose interest in education, setting them up for failure.... [tags: Education, Learning, Lesson plan, Knowledge]
1016 words (2.9 pages)