Lazar’s first stint into his gaming career did not evolve into much success. Competitive gaming was not something that was familiar to many or even advertised. “There just wasn’t enough money to be made with gaming in 2005,” Lazar explained, “and the only way to make any money with gaming was through tournament prize pools which were mostly competitor funded with no help from corporate sponsors”. Hardly any money was being pumped into competitive gaming because demand was still low. Not enough players had incentive to dive into professional gaming which didn’t allow for the market to grow. The community continued to stay small and was basically non-existent to most people. Just like any normal person Lazar had to work a full time job at party city and the local internet café to pay the bills, but he never gave up on his dreams of being a gamer.
Life continued to be a struggle for Lazar many years after his start in gaming. Many people in the competitive gaming scene agreed in thinking that gaming was going to be a flourishin...
... middle of paper ...
...hows that even dreams of making money playing video games could become reality with effort and believing.
The upward spiral in growth of the video gaming industry in the recent years has shown promise for people with the hopes of making money in gaming. Video game streaming has become the newest and fastest growing careers in the video game industry and provides the average gamer another avenue of approach to a fulfilling career. According to Lazar all you need is “something to offer… a unique personality or just being the best at the game you are playing”. His career in streaming has been proof because he isn’t the best at any particular game, but he instead has a humble and entertaining personality that people consider valuable to them. Lazar could be seen as the perfect example to following your own dream career and making it work for you as he did with gaming.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Jaryd “summit1g” Lazar is a 28 year old millionaire who made his money playing video games. He spent most of his childhood years playing video games like most of us but has always wanted to do it for a living. When we think about gaming as a career we see video game designers and programmers; however, Lazar gets to play games for a living. A typical day consists of many hours of live video game content and having conference calls with corporate sponsors in the video game industry. Lazar now calls himself a professional video game streamer.... [tags: Video game, Video game industry, Game designer]
1279 words (3.7 pages)
- The video game industry has grown by leaps and bounds over the last several years. The parents of teenagers and younger children probably know this all too well. In America, 81% of youths play some type of video game once a month, while 8.5% of them are addicted to the gaming frenzy. The average 8 to 12 year old child plays thirteen hours of video games per week, and the average 13 to 18 year old plays them 14 hours per week (Hughes). Many parents feel that these countless hours of playing video games can have negative effects on their children, especially if the games contain violence.... [tags: Video game, Video game industry]
1568 words (4.5 pages)
- Violence and Video Games Since they have existed they have been accused of causing violence in our youth: they are named Violent Video Games. Firstly there has been no studies that show proof of violent behavior caused by violent video games. Video games also contribute a vast amount to the economy.Violent video games make up majority of video games today, and videogames themselves bring in quite an amount of money. Studies show that video game industry employees make about 90,000$ a year and the industry itself reels in about 21 billion dollars.... [tags: Video game, Video game industry, Violence]
1122 words (3.2 pages)
- In 2017, video games are always a current trending topic for video game enthusiast like myself. According to IGN, the major news outlet for video games, stated that 16-30 years spend hundreds of dollars on a PlayStation 4 so they can play popular games such as FIFA and Call of Duty. American culture is obsessed with video games because you can disappear in this virtual world and play as a character that contradict your personality. You can be a sniper on Call of Duty; you can be a basketball player on NBA 2K17 or football player on Madden 2017; you can be a criminal on Grand Theft Auto, Mafia III, and Watchdogs 2.... [tags: Video game, Video game industry, Reinforcement]
751 words (2.1 pages)
The Effects Of Video Games On The Way Society Perceives Individuals Who Are Either Transgender And Or Non Binary?
- How does the role and representation of gender in video games influence the way society perceives individuals who are either transgender and/or non-binary. The representation of transgender and/or non-binary individuals within video games has dramatically changed over the course of the past three decades along side with the Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender (LGBT) rights movement. In saying that, due to the fact that I have already discussed the topic of the representation of the sexual orientation of individuals within the media who are not heterosexual.... [tags: Video game, Video game industry, Transgender]
1095 words (3.1 pages)
- Due to the availability of news and media in today’s technologically advanced society, many people are aware of the violent acts that are committed every day all throughout the world. In addition, the technological advances of today’s society have continued to fuel one of the most successful industries of the present day: the video game industry. Many people have been eager to blame the video game industry for the violent acts that are committed throughout the world because the video game industry has continued to target an audience that seemingly craves an increasing amount of violence, and they criticize the video game industry for its complete lack of restrictions on the sale of violent v... [tags: Video game, Video game genres]
1458 words (4.2 pages)
- One of the biggest part of the media is the video game industry. The industry was not always of such caliber of popularity, and with it being a “new” thing, people who either don’t understand why it thrives or those who just don’t like the idea of it are seen to continue going after it as the bad guy in situations. With this increase in popularity of said industry, people has taken sides on one important argument. Violence in video games or in general media has no negative effects on those who interact with it, and rightly should be accessed by anyone mature enough to understand the context of the material used in said media.... [tags: Video game, Violence, Media violence research]
1296 words (3.7 pages)
- I am a Computer Science major interested in working in the video game industry as a programmer or level designer. I am mostly drawn to working on video games that focus heavily on storyline and user-story interaction, and my career goal would be to design video games, whether that be through coding or storylines. The science of human behavior and brain processes, and thus psychology is actually a key component to the video game industry, especially in the video games that I am interested in being a part of.... [tags: Video game, Video game industry, Psychology]
982 words (2.8 pages)
- What is a video game. The correct definition of video games is a game played by electronically manipulating images produced by a computer program on a television screen or other display screen. However, if you ask someone what is a video game they will be most likely (Neg)to tell you that is that thing that kids play, another common answer will be that is that big wasting of time that most of guy’s do. This might be true specially if we consider that the video game instructive as become the major source of entertainment even more that the movies, in fact the video game industry make as twice as much as the movie industry.... [tags: Video game, Video game addiction, Addiction]
1462 words (4.2 pages)
- Gamers, designers, developers, marketers, feminists, parents, researchers, government, media, and distributors would all stakeholders related to the gaming industry. The most impacted by the issue would be for the designers. If the gamers do not like the characters then unfortunately the designers must reconstruct their design quickly, if not, then the gamers will find another company to play with. Gamers are perhaps the most vital investors in the firm´s existence. Gamers are the ones that play video games, whether they buy it themselves or not.... [tags: Video game, Video game industry, Arcade game]
1007 words (2.9 pages)
- Media Is Not As Great
- Rhetorical Analysis Of ' A Library Is Both A Hallowed Sanctuary And The Darkest, Dankest, Dungeon
- The Research Problem And Argument Of The Assigned
- Why Are Not Young Women Choosing Careers?
- My Child Is A Little Girl Is Cute !
- The Impact Of Islam And Christianity, The European ' Scramble ' And ' The ' Second Colonial Occupation '