Video games are electronic sports which involves user interface and user interactivity. They generate a visual response which helps to provide excitement and entertainment. Video games are played on computers, televisions, or any kind of device with a display screen. People play video games for fun and also because some games are more productive and useful. With growth in technology video games have become very popular in children. Those games can be informative and a brain-builder for children but at the same time it may be so violent that they not only become the reason for the children to be destructive but also vigorously increase anti-social behavior.
Children are growing humans between who needs to be under adult supervision, all the time if possible. They learn as they grow and as they involve themselves in what they do. Violence is evil and playing a lot of violent video games can cause children to be less at peace and aggressive. The excessive exposure to violence in form of entertainment can lead the children to think that video games are a version of reality. And hence they start thinking and anti-socially. They tend to develop violent characteristics because with continuous playing it would alter their normal behavior. Less or no acquaintance to the violent video games would help the children to be more social and mentally healthy.
Purpose of the Study
The purpose of this study is to determine how children psychologically affected by violent video games which entails unfriendly behavior as a result of which they are unsocial, reserved and ill-disposed. This study will also relate how violent gaming production businesses harvest a long-term impact on children’s physical and mental devel...
... middle of paper ...
...ided as generation change and humans advance towards technical luxury. Everyone is recommended to keep up with the world and also keep up with technology. For example, if Apple releases its new product, there are many people wanting to buy it; just because it is cool and sleek and modern. Similar is the case of violent video game purchasing. Advertisements on TVs and what children hear at school from their friends portrays violent gaming. And so they do what they do best, play. In order to solve the problem of violent video games affecting children, parents should be involve them more towards physical outdoor activities such as playing outdoor games rather than spending their time in video games. On top of that, parents should be responsible in giving their children proper education about values, characters, attitudes, and ethics which becomes their social behavior.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Video Games and the Effects on Children The effects of video games on development may seem minor and have no effect. This is not true. Video games effect development because it can influence bad behaviors and other behaviors that a child normally wouldn’t do, say, or act. Not all video games are harmful, but, some of the violent games can cause bad behavior to the child. This topic is important to me because I believe that video games do have an effect on children’s behavior. I plan on having children so I wanted to do the research to find out how to cope with this growing problem.... [tags: Video game, Nonviolent video game, Game]
1626 words (4.6 pages)
- The video game industry has grown by leaps and bounds over the last several years. The parents of teenagers and younger children probably know this all too well. In America, 81% of youths play some type of video game once a month, while 8.5% of them are addicted to the gaming frenzy. The average 8 to 12 year old child plays thirteen hours of video games per week, and the average 13 to 18 year old plays them 14 hours per week (Hughes). Many parents feel that these countless hours of playing video games can have negative effects on their children, especially if the games contain violence.... [tags: Video game, Video game industry]
1568 words (4.5 pages)
- Nowadays video games get nothing but bad reputations from people. You have people in powerful positions saying that video games have nothing but bad effects and that they only promote violence and lead to children acting out on that violence. Who are the people listening to these people in powerful positions. Parents. Some Parents have this misunderstanding that all video games are bad and that all video games have a negative effect on their child and how they develop. Some parents with that understanding are misinformed and need to understand just how beneficial video games can actually be for their children.... [tags: Video game, Video game genres]
1212 words (3.5 pages)
- In today’s day and age and with the advancement of technology, video games have become one of the most popular cultural hobbies enjoyed by users worldwide. However, the increase use of video games has generated a controversy regarding its psychological harm on children. Many people have assumed there is a correlation between video games and violent behaviour by youth. As a result, countless studies have been conducted to test whether the hypothesis that video games negatively alter the attitudes and behaviours of players is a theory or myth.... [tags: Video game, Video game controversy]
1927 words (5.5 pages)
- ... Mori separated the cerebrum movement of members into four classes: ordinary, visual, half-video game, and videogame. Subjects, who infrequently played computer games, were found to have much more grounded beta waves than alpha waves. Little change was seen while these subjects played computer games. The half-computer game gathering, which played computer games for 1-3 hours 3-4 days a week, had generally breakeven results with quality beta and alpha waves when not playing computer games; but when they played computer games their beta waves fell beneath their alpha waves(“Klear”).... [tags: Video game, Video game genres]
1821 words (5.2 pages)
- The lights, sounds, the visuals many things come into our minds when we think of video games. It has been seen as a detrimental part of society and as a form of art. In current times some of the biggest events are from video games. Today’s youth in society cannot almost not be spoken of without video games being mentioned at one point. As a form of media that touches our society from young and old, it has a lot of controversy surrounding certain aspects of it. Videogames and Violence One such critical view on video games is that it has caused an increase of violence and a desensitization of said violence in children.... [tags: Video game, Video game controversy]
1160 words (3.3 pages)
- Video games have been around since the 1950’s, each year as society becomes more open and accepting of change; the content that is shown in video games has also changed. These past few years the games that make the most money, include some sort of violent backstory. Whether it be killing zombie soldiers in space or ripping alien’s guts out, the content that is allowed to be shown has steadily increased in violence. Sure there are age requirements in order to buy such games, but kids can get their hands on them easily.... [tags: Video game, Video game controversy, Aggression]
1204 words (3.4 pages)
- Are video games really as bad as some think. Some people find video games to be the cause of violence and delays in learning. Other people think that gaming is actually beneficial to one 's mental health and it can even help those who suffer from depression. Videogames, fun and educational tools of the electronic ages, have been the source of scrutiny for many years. Students who have gone into their schools with intent to or successfully injuring or murdering others, have more often than not, been linked to videogames.... [tags: Video game, Violence, Gameplay, Video game genres]
1105 words (3.2 pages)
- Advances in technology have forever changed the way that children play, communicate, and view the world. Have you ever told your child that it was time to turn the video game off, or to put away the cell phone only to receive agitation or depression. Does your child always think and talk about playing the game. Is your child irritable or depressed if forced to go without screen time. Research has shown that video games have the potential to create an addictive response similar to chemical dependency causing social, academic, and physical consequences (Rauh, 2014).... [tags: Video game, Addiction, Video game genres]
1201 words (3.4 pages)
- Background Video games are electronic sports which involves user interface and user interactivity. They generate a visual response which helps to provide excitement and entertainment. Video games are played on computers, televisions, or any kind of device with a display screen. People play video games for fun and also because some games are more productive and useful. With growth in technology video games have become very popular in children. Those games can be informative and a brain-builder for children but at the same time it may be so violent that they not only become the reason for the children to be destructive but also vigorously increase anti-social behavior.... [tags: Video game, Video game controversy]
1443 words (4.1 pages)
- Is College Worth All The Labor And Expense For College Students?
- Procrastination, The Action Of Delaying And Postponing Something
- What Type Of Company Is Eligible For Support
- The Histrionic And Narcissistic Personality Disorders
- Stem Cell Research Should Be Allowed For The Potential Of The Recovery Of Organs
- Personality And Personality Of Personality