Did anyone have a habit of chewing or smoke tobacco? Tobacco was make from one kind of plant’s leaves, but it is dangerous to health. Uses of tobacco was still in all over the world, but many countries passed laws to try to reduce tobacco use (Smoking). “In the United States, a variety of federal, state, and local laws restrict the sale, use, and advertising of tobacco products, however, government organizations and individuals who have been harmed by cigarette smoke have also used the courts to attack the tobacco industry” (Smoking). They made the rule but then also people does not follow it. Most of the developing country sell tobacco openly; they gave cigarette smoke and chewing tobacco to anyone and to any age’s people. In fact, Nepal is developing country, when I was there I used to buy any tobacco product openly in any store. They did not ask ID card also, but here in the United States of America it is illegal to sell anyone under eighteen. In most of the counties people smoke openly everywhere but here in the America they protect nonsmokers from exposure from smoker people by passing the laws limiting smoking in public places. According to the New York Times, “public health experts said the tobacco industry’s use of so-called investor-state dispute settlement tribunals had become so widespread that many poorer countries were abandoning their antismoking efforts” (Calmes).
According to the national cancer policy board, institute and medicine, and national research council are affiliate with the national academy of sciences, a private, nonprofit academy of scholars dedicated with the advancement of science and technology said the gro...
... middle of paper ...
... Such statements encourage people to thought positive about tobacco.
In conclusion, the argument in this paper are based on negative effects of using tobacco. to prevent babies’ premature birth, to prevent people cause from cancer, and to aware people from heart diseases government should make illegal law to use of tobacco all over the world. In this world, not only the smoker people get health problems, but nonsmoker also cause health problems from secondhand smokers or from environment tobacco smoke. According to a 2014 report by the Surgeon General, in the United States every year 7,300 lung cancer deaths and 34,00 heart disease deaths in adult nonsmoker because of secondhand smoke (Smoking). To save innocent people from early death from cancer, heart diseases and stroke we should help government to reduce uses of tobacco in the United States.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Using of Tobacco Did anyone have a habit of chewing or smoke tobacco. Tobacco was make from one kind of plant’s leaves, but it is dangerous to health. Uses of tobacco was still in all over the world, but many countries passed laws to try to reduce tobacco use (Smoking). “In the United States, a variety of federal, state, and local laws restrict the sale, use, and advertising of tobacco products, however, government organizations and individuals who have been harmed by cigarette smoke have also used the courts to attack the tobacco industry” (Smoking).... [tags: Tobacco, Nicotine, Tobacco smoking, Smoking]
1229 words (3.5 pages)
- Background and Thesis. On October 15, 1492 Christopher Columbus was offered dried tobacco leaves as a gift from the American Indians that he encountered. Soon after, sailors brought tobacco back to Europe, and the plant was being grown all over Europe (Vernellia 1999). The major reason for tobacco 's growing popularity in Europe was its supposed healing properties. Europeans believed that tobacco could cure almost anything, from bad breath to cancer. Tobacco was first discovered thousands of years ago; however, it was not until the end of the civil war that it became popular in the United States.... [tags: Tobacco, Smoking, Passive smoking, Tobacco smoking]
1274 words (3.6 pages)
- “Chew tobacco, Chew tobacco, chew tobacco, spit”, this is a line is in the song “Boys Round Here” by famous country artist Blake Shelton. This shows how tobacco use is being promoted even in songs now. One of the major problems in the U.S.A is the use of tobacco product, whether is cigarettes, chew, snuff, cigars or in any other of the many tobacco products. My group and I are creating a facebook page to bring awareness to the public about the risks involving tobacco and the availability to minors.... [tags: Tobacco, Nicotine, Cigarette, Chewing tobacco]
1508 words (4.3 pages)
- The cigarette was invented in 1832 by an Egyptian artilleryman during the siege of Acre. The Egyptian 's crew had improved their rate of fire by rolling the gunpowder in paper tubes. For this, he and his crew were rewarded with a pound of tobacco. Their pipe was broken, so they began to roll the pipe tobacco in paper tubes. They decided that they could roll up the tobacco in paper and smoke the tobacco that way. However, tobacco was first introduced in the Americas through the confederate states when it was given to the confederate soldiers in the north during the civil war; and that is how it was introduced in the northern states as well.... [tags: Smoking, Nicotine, Tobacco, Cigarette]
1688 words (4.8 pages)
- Teens and Tobacco Every day in the United States, approximately 3,000 people 18 years and younger smoke their first cigarette according to the CDC. Of those people, at least half of them are likely to become a daily smoker. In a TV commercial from Truth, a man named Gruen speaks out about how tobacco use changed his life- and not for the better. In the commercial, you can see the effect smokeless tobacco had on this man before he even tells his story. Gruen does not go into too much detail about his life after tobacco.... [tags: Tobacco, Nicotine, Tobacco smoking, Cigarette]
707 words (2 pages)
- In the United States today, tobacco use is one of the largest preventable causes of death and disease, according to the Center of Disease Control and Prevention. Tobacco itself is a very addictive and largely consumed drug. Many people around the United States partake in the dangerous activity of smoking either cigarettes and cigars. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, about 17 percent of the population of the United States smokes cigarettes (Current Cigarette Smoking Among Adults in the United States).... [tags: Tobacco smoking, Smoking, Tobacco, Cigarette]
1267 words (3.6 pages)
- Tobacco use is a debate worldwide and everyone has their own opinions about the issue. This is such a controversial issue because of the many different health risks, weather it is beneficial or not, the harmful aspect, and its importance of an individual’s freedom. Tobacco has no general advantages towards someone’s health, as it destroys the lungs and can cause cancer anywhere in the body from all the carcinogens. In my opinion the production and sale of tobacco should be banned in the United States.... [tags: Nicotine, Tobacco, Tobacco smoking, Cigarette]
1459 words (4.2 pages)
- The people of America are addicted to the death sticks, but is it too late to reverse the situation. It is possible that the economy of the United States is reliant on the tobacco industry. While we can acknowledge that smoking is unhealthy, and even deadly, the involvement of the product may be a vital component of the country. This sparks a very heated debate that affects the health and finance of every citizen. If cigarettes were banned in the United States, the cessation and prevention of smoking would positively impact the health of humans, of animals, and of the environment.... [tags: Tobacco, Cigarette, Tobacco smoking, Nicotine]
1372 words (3.9 pages)
- Smoking damages almost every organ of the body, bringing on numerous illnesses and diminishing personal satisfaction and future. This report evaluates the wellbeing outcomes and profitability misfortunes owing to smoking in the United States. Computed national appraisals of yearly smoking-inferable mortality (SAM), years of potential life lost for grown-ups and babies, and efficiency misfortunes for grown-ups. Cigarette smoking and presentation to tobacco smoke brought about roughly 480,000 unexpected losses in the United State.... [tags: Tobacco smoking, Cancer, Smoking, Tobacco]
1569 words (4.5 pages)
- Someone you might know, whether your grandparents, parents, siblings, friends, or even yourself, smokes or has smoked cigarettes. If you haven’t yourself, you’ve seen the effects and consequences one can encounter. Not always, but sometimes, you see the struggles and sickness your loved one can go through and you’d give anything to make that someone feel better. Technology has been on a rise and possibly figured out a safer way. Smoking an electronic cigarette or perhaps a traditional cigarette still provides the nicotine, but it’s possible one can change not just someone’s health for the better but others around them.... [tags: Tobacco, Nicotine, Smoking, Cigarette]
1282 words (3.7 pages)