Teenagers are the most common group of society who can get artificial by the internet. As a matter of fact, internet addiction is a common habit for teenagers which will affects their future, also can have an effect on their social behavior and their education. Teenagers are spending more time on internet with watching movies, gaming, chatting, etc. rather than doing their home work or study for their tests. In addition, another issue that has made the internet dangerous for teenagers to search is the pornography websites or adult fantasy role-play chat rooms that have been created. These sites have made teenagers addict individuals who are engaged in viewing, downloading, and trading online pornography or involved in adult fantasy role-play chat rooms.
Internet has become a new equipment to improve violence and disobedience. Teenagers can have easy access to the pornography sites or adult’s chartrooms. As a matter of fact recent researches has shown that Despite the potential negative effects on children using the Internet, more than 30% of surveyed parents had not discussed the downside of Internet use with their children (Internet Advisory Board, 2001), and 62% of parents of teenagers did not realize that their children had visited inappropriate Web sites (Yankelovich Partner...
... middle of paper ...
...eenagers have to spend for studying. According to National Center for Education Statistics (2002) 99% of public schools in the United States had access to the Internet and 64% of children ages 5 to 17 had Internet access at home. These data show that we can have a very educational society in future if our children learn the proper use of internet.
Internet is good for us and has helped us a lot to make a better world. We need to find a solution to stop inappropriate use of the internet or our teenagers will be the first victims of this phenomenon. If we can stop these improper usages then we can guarantee our future society with a powerful source of knowledge. Teenagers can use internet in future to improve human technology, But if we do not solve this issue now, then today’s teenagers will be the ones who have to pay and we cannot have a bright future for them.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- The use of social media (which includes such media as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Tumblr) has become so popular among today’s youth, that it is becoming more than just a fragment of the youth’s world, it is becoming their world. According to a social network statistics report conducted on August 18, 2013, ninety-eight percent of teens are already using some form of social media. Teens are spending more and more time online, typically on a social media websites such as Facebook and Twitter.... [tags: Internet, Social Medias, Teens]
970 words (2.8 pages)
- Effects of Internet Pornography It used to be almost impossible for children to get pornography. Comer stores would place adult magazines such as playboy on the top rack behind all the other magazines so that only the title was visible and it was out of reach of children. Movie stores would have separate rooms at the front of the store for their porn videos; this way they could monitor who went into the room. In today's technologically advanced society, pornographic magazines and videos are becoming extinct.... [tags: Internet Essays Media]
1020 words (2.9 pages)
- When it comes to the topic of technology, most people will readily agree that it has been growing non-stop at a significant pace. About 16 years ago, technologies, such as computers were not a necessity in mainstream life. Since then, technology has progressed and people have become extremely reliable on. In the essay “What’s the Matter with Kids Today?” by Amy Goldwasser, she talks about the positive aspects of the Internet. Although she mainly focuses on the positive she also contradicts herself and mentions some negative aspects.... [tags: internet]
1674 words (4.8 pages)
- What impact does the internet leave upon society and adolescents who use it. People believe spending time online is either beneficial or harmful to our young generation. Brent Staples, the author of the article “What Adolescents Miss When We Let Them Grow Up in Cyberspace”, believes the internet is a bad thing. On the other hand, Janna M. Smith, who wrote “Online but Not Antisocial”, disagrees and states the internet is a positive aspect for society. Although, the authors discuss the internet and its effects, both have different views and opinions on it.... [tags: Internet]
921 words (2.6 pages)
- Nowadays with the growth of internet usage among people, there are always bad effect of internet. One of the problems that always occur in internet is cybercrime or scam. According to Brittanica.com cyber-crime also can be define as computer crime which the use of a computer as an instrument to further illegal ends, such as committing fraud, trafficking in child pornography and intellectual property, stealing identities, or violating privacy. Cybercrime, especially through the Internet, has grown in importance as the computer has become central to commerce, entertainment, and government.... [tags: fraud, bullying, internet]
838 words (2.4 pages)
- Mass media includes Internet, radio, television, mobile devices, and other communication technologies. The existence and power of media influences are strongly recognized as a significant part of the ecology of the young generation. The media has become an inseparable part of the life of teenagers. Nearly every adolescent growing up in the United States is exposed to various encounters with mass media every day. Considering the current influences, the media plays an important role in forming opinions and dictating the actions of the youth culture.... [tags: Media's Influence on Teens]
1854 words (5.3 pages)
- We are living modern times where the technology and the globalization has change many things not only on the business markets, but on every single home around the world. Being a parent has never been easy; a kid doesn’t bring instruction manuals, but is a process that develops with time. Kids, for their nature, were always running around adventuring day by day with games that were taught by the parents or grandparents, which has been lost through time. There comes the new gadget for parents to bring to their homes, the computers, initially to make their life easier at homework time.... [tags: Facebook]
1412 words (4 pages)
- Everywhere you go teens seem to be glued to their phones, tablets, or computers. Technology is an addiction that does not seem to be going away any time soon. According to the Washington Post, teens can spend up to seven or more hours on their digital devices a day and the usage is still increasing. Not surprisingly enough, more than a third of all teenagers own a cellphone, ranging from a smart phone or just a plain old-school flip phone. But can spending all that time on their computers and smart devices be such a bad thing.... [tags: addiction, internet, information, media connection]
1030 words (2.9 pages)
- Computers are considered to be one of the greatest discoveries of the 20th century. As time goes on, computers have become more and more important in our lives. We use computers at school, at home, and at work and most of us can’t imagine life without them. Although computer use has become an everyday activity in our lives, its excessive use can have negative effects such as failure in our relationships, school-work and responsibilities. The internet itself is a tool created to help us research whatever subject we are interested in.... [tags: Internet]
782 words (2.2 pages)
- Why do people get addicted to games online and how can we help them to control their time on internet. Is internet addiction a big problem in the world. Some people suggest that computers and games online are not so bad if they are not used out of balance (2008 ). However, some people say internet addiction is a problem of the public health (2008 ). Addiction is an illness which makes addicted people unable to control the amount of time they spend on playing game s. This is a big problem of every country in the world.... [tags: Internet]
909 words (2.6 pages)