I believe that the way that teenagers use electronics changes many things about them. Many teenagers use their phones for not only texting, but music, internet browsing, and social media. The way that people talk to each other over instant messaging and texting is completely different than the way people talk face to face. They can communicate with faces and with text lingo, such as lol and brb. Texting is also a way to miscommunicate with someone. People have the chance to make the mistake of taking what someone is taking in the wrong way. You have the luxury in some cases to hide behind the phone, but end up saying what you wouldn’t be able to say to their face.
Phones come with many apps that you do not have to search for that do take teenagers ' attention away from the real world or that they use in an everyday setting. Many teenagers use their music apps to get out of the real world. I have realized that many people put their earbuds in and turn up the music when they are sad or just tired. At school many people listen to music to also stay focused. I personally use my music app and my alarm clock app. I use the alarm clock app to wake me up for school or even remind me when to take med...
... middle of paper ...
...r is talking to him and see that he is not even paying attention to her. Many teenagers see these apps as a way of life and have even turned to them to when they have bad days or are mad at someone. Teenagers abuse these apps by posting provocative pictures and even have begun to bully over the internet. They do this because they believe they can hide behind the internet and not get caught. Many teenagers are not mature enough to be able to get on these apps and act appropriately, but parents just let them do as they please. Just yesterday a 5th grader tried to follow me on Instagram. Teenagers also do not realize that potential jobs do look through their social media to see the person they are behind the face they saw at an interview. Social media makes a huge impact on teenagers and just everyday people. The impact it makes on you is decided by you. Choose wisely.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Technology affects everyone. Whether positive or negative, we are all affected, how it manifests itself into problems for youth will be studied and debated for years. Balancing technology throughout the educational process and keeping with current trends and uses of technology will affect everyone. Technology has transformed our youth’s daily and social lives. How do we measure the effects of technology on our ability to socialize or have a successful social life. Socializing is not just talking face to face, it’s our ability to interact, learn, and create original thought.... [tags: Technology ]
2334 words (6.7 pages)
- With an extremely large growth in technology, Some people think that we are using technology to support our own lives. From what I 've researched and read, people are becoming overly dependent on technology. It 's not hard to realize the role of technology in our homes and lives. Children are no longer being children most don 't know the feeling of going outside and playing hide and seek. wives no longer have to wash dishes because a machine is doing It for them. Machines that have made their lives easier, But too dependent on it.... [tags: Mobile phone, Technology, Telephone, Dependency]
1504 words (4.3 pages)
- Since the Industrial Revolution of the eighteenth and nineteenth centuries, there have been many advances in technology. The invention of the telephone, the cell phone, and the computer have greatly increased society’s ability to communicate, and automobiles have enabled more efficient transportation. Television and the World Wide Web have provided entertainment for people of all ages. Technological inventions seem to have improved our way of life, but they have caused many side effects that have a negative impact on the world as well.... [tags: Technology ]
1649 words (4.7 pages)
- Technology is unavoidable in our modern lifestyle. You wake up, you use technology; you use technology while cooking, while eating, while driving. While you’re lying in bed before you fall asleep, you use technology, technology wakes you up in the morning. Is all the technology around you good for you, or is it harmful to your health. Was our society healthier or safer before all the advancements. So many questions and concerns about all of the technology we crave, but there are very few people who know the answers.... [tags: modern lifestyle]
1143 words (3.3 pages)
- Modern Techonology We live in a time where technology is so advanced that it is taking over our lives. As human beings we are occasionally lazy and tend to look for shortcuts to make our lives easier. It is no lie that technology has helped humans become smarter and be more efficient because what we have accomplished in the past half a century. Modern technology does not just effect your electrical bill but is changes who we really are as humans. It is clear that technology is almost considered to be like an arm or a leg nowadays.... [tags: Science, Technology, Computer, Human]
726 words (2.1 pages)
- Technology today has taken a big roll today in many people’s lives including myself. It is safe to say that it has come such a long way from what it once was and is only increasing at a rapid rate. This can be a very scary thing, but also a good thing if you think about it. The reason that I say this is because it has done so much for us so far and at the same time we are almost dependent on half of the things we use such as cell phones, computers, tablets etc. I am very much a big fan in technology and look forward to seeing what comes out next, but the real question we have to ask our self’s is “Is technology affecting our lives for the better or worse”.... [tags: Education, Technology, Educational psychology]
2008 words (5.7 pages)
- Waking up every day a person is given so many choices of how to complete so many simple task. With technology in their hands people are given the chance to think and use their brains to make those choices instead they are being influenced by whatever technology they have in their grasp at the time. Technology is supposed to provide an extra help and give a reference for people to refer to when they need in other words insist a person with life choices. In so many ways Technology has the potential to make people become lazier and also the possibility to help people become more effective in their daily lives.... [tags: Technology, Mobile phone, Smartphone]
1101 words (3.1 pages)
- Imagine yourself waking up to the sounds of summer birds chirping outside your window and the smell of breakfast cooking over a wood fire. You get dressed and travel to see what your family has ready for breakfast. Everyone gathers at the table to enjoy a home cooked meal and discusses the plans for the day. Will you play in the yard with your younger brother or help your father in the garden that will feed your family during the cold harsh winter. No matter what you choose you will be outside while your mother is inside cleaning up the breakfast dishes and canning homemade jams.... [tags: Technology ]
1235 words (3.5 pages)
- “Technology is a queer thing. It brings you great gifts with one hand and it stabs you in the back with the other.” Charles Percy Snow (Technology Quotes). Technology is undoubtedly helpful but it is causing some major issues in today’s generation of children and teenagers. Being addicted to a Play Station, constantly texting, posting on Facebook; that is exactly what most all children and teenagers do for many hours a day every single day of their secluded lives. These addictions are ridiculously unhealthy.... [tags: Technology: The Devil in Disguise]
1259 words (3.6 pages)
- Technology is ubiquitous. Nowadays you can go to a Dallas Cowboys football game and watch one of the biggest televisions in the world, download a new song from iTunes instantly on your computer, or Google some trivia on your favorite TV show via your new Smartphone. People like getting things done in the fastest, yet most efficient manner; technology allows everyone to do both at the same time. The world needs to look beyond these tempting, positive attributes of technology and delve into the effects that are not so appealing.... [tags: Technology ]
1130 words (3.2 pages)