Social media is evolving in our lives quickly, but not only with it good effects, it also has brought a negative effects that impact children and adolescents. Teens now days become addicted to their smartphones, 90 percent of those children uses check their social media accounts at least once a day, some of them report that they wish if they could live or go back in
... middle of paper ...
...l world. When some children reach their adolescence age they seek more attention and when they don’t find it in the real world they seek it from the illusionary one, from their social media accounts. The main point here is parents should be aware of what their children are spending their time on social media and understand why they became so addicted with being “online” (5).
Some sources searched about the parents worries of how Facebook changes children:
A Liberal Party source confirmed the software might not be installed on handsets purchased separately from telcos, such as from online discount stores; however, they said parents usually bought their children 's phones and could opt for handsets with the filtering software. A lack of knowledge and information by parents and teachers about the measures available to protect children was a key factor to overcome (26).
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Social media made our world small and connected, the world became like a small village, news become travels now faster and overseas. Social media provided the world with many advantage, but it also has many disadvantage more than advantages especially to children and teenagers now time. “According to research carried out by the US non- profit Family Online Safety Institute, the use of social media is the only form of online activity where parents believe its dangers outweigh its benefits” (Examiner).... [tags: Social media, Facebook, Bullying, MySpace]
1036 words (3 pages)
- According to a new study from the Pew Research Center over 92% of teens report going online daily, including 24% who say they go online almost constantly. ("Teens, Social Media & Technology Overview 2015."). The use of social media is playing a big role in today’s society. Social media in some cases affects the children and adolescents psychologically, physically and socially. Social Media has always been a great tool for advertising, entertainment, education and communication between family and friends, but although social media has these benefits, for the past years its negative role has been affecting children and adolescents.... [tags: Anorexia nervosa, Eating disorders]
833 words (2.4 pages)
- Up until this point, it is evident that there is a connection which links social media use and social comparison. It is now vital to see the impact that these factors can have on our overall mental health. Studies have shown at certain social networking sites could be associated with lower levels of self-esteem in children and adolescents. (Pantic, 2014). Although these websites are increasing in their popularity, their potentially adverse effects are becoming increasingly recognized by researchers.... [tags: Facebook, Social network aggregation, Sociology]
721 words (2.1 pages)
- Social media sites like Facebook, Instagram, or Kik has become a popular way of making new friends or connecting with old friends. However, there is always a dark side to these sites, and it can turn out to be a nightmare for families across America when they have found out their child have become a victim of a child predator or cyber-bullying. These sites can be bait for predators that are targeting our uninformed youth daily. Every day somewhere in America a child predator gets arrested for child pornography or sexually abusing a minor.... [tags: Bullying, Abuse, Police, MySpace]
1188 words (3.4 pages)
- People may argue on whether you step in when you see bad parenting, which is an excellent idea. Others may agree that you should let the parent be parent, regardless of if their doing a good job or not. We always see videos on social media or parent disciplining their children too harshly, abusing them, or more horrifying and disgustingly children being molested. Sometimes things may not be as bad as this, but under the circumstances someone should be able to step in and take action. I have three real life situations in which I feel like someone should step in and take action.... [tags: Family, Parent, Sibling, Father]
1205 words (3.4 pages)
- Aliyah Molina -- Response When one thinks of bullying, face to face taunting usually gets brought up. This is one form of harassment but there are many others, one being through social media. This generation is very technologically inclined, most teenagers are electronically involved through different social media accounts. Social media is a good way to stay connected with people from all over the world, but it has its consequences as well. Many lives have been ruined and even ended because people do not realize the harm it can do to a person.... [tags: Abuse, Bullying, Harassment, Psychological abuse]
2360 words (6.7 pages)
- When you look around what do you see. You may see millions of people looking down at their hand held devices, which could range from cell phones to tablets. The question that someone of older age would ask is, what are they doing. My answer to that question is using a social media site. Social media, it is the newest trend among pre- teens, teens, and adults. It is the greatest invention next to the smart phone, tablet and ipad. Technology has improved drastically over the years, which makes suffering the web a lot easier and convenient.... [tags: Social network service, Social media, Abuse]
1146 words (3.3 pages)
- From the perspective of adolescents and teenagers growing up in such a hyper-connected world, having a smartphone just seems like a necessity, something that all parents feel obliged to giving to their child at a young age, should they have to contact them in case of emergency. But when can an item such as a smartphone turn into a device that sucks away confidence, self pride and the overall well-being of a child. A device that is making a child fear when it should be used in order to help them feel safe.... [tags: Facebook, MySpace, Social network service]
1253 words (3.6 pages)
- Parents, there once was a time when a person could say or do something and it would only be witnessed by the people who were there. People were free to dance at a party or have an embarrassing moment and not have to worry about their behavior being broadcast for the entire world to see. A person could voice their opinion and not have to worry about being judged by the world because their conversation was recorded or taped and shared on social media. Smartphones are not only used by others to publicize things but young people are using them to share things they should not.... [tags: Mobile phone, Smartphone]
1340 words (3.8 pages)
The Effects Of Play, Social Media And Environmental Pollution On Children 's Physical And Psychology Development
- Exploring the influence and effects of play, social media and environmental pollution on children’s physical and psychology development in the present-day. Introduction Childhood in the present day is not simply defined as everyone under the age of 18(United Nations,1989) and our understanding of it is not fixed (Stainton,2003). It is an ever changing socially constructed life stage (Arthur et al., 2005; Cannella, 2005; Sorin & Galloway, 2005). The concept of childhood varies depending on the point of history that is being looked at and differs from each society, culture and community.... [tags: Developmental psychology, Psychology]
1108 words (3.2 pages)