Therefore, our research ascertains the relationship between the social media and students’ study efficiency. Everyone is different, and for some students, studying and being motivated to learn comes n...
... middle of paper ...
Definition of Terms
The following terms are defined conceptually and operationally in this section to establish a common frame of reference.
Social media. Refers to the means of interaction among people in which they create, share and exchange of information and ideas in virtual communities and networks.
Study habits. These refer to the behaviors used when preparing for test or learning academic material. It is about the ways you take in and process information.
Failing grades. Refer to an act of or instance of weakness about a certain subject that leads to failing mark or grade of the students.
Student. Refers to a person who engaged in the study, one who is devoted to learning; a learner; a pupil; a scholar; especially one who attends a school or who seeks knowledge from professional teachers or from book.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- The first step he has to develop it’s to have a good study habit. Professor Clifford Nass from Stanford University said to usatodaycollege “Music with lyrics is very likely to have a problematic effect when you’re writing or reading” (Nass). Organic chemistry is a very hard class, it requires lots of concentration and memorizing, if music actually helps focus, choose the right music to listen it’s very important. Heavy metal should generally be avoided. There are three steps can lead him through success and they are easy to follow: getting started, getting organize and balance fun, social life work and school(military.com).... [tags: University, Student, Learning, Education]
1297 words (3.7 pages)
- Habits become wired into our brains so deeply we perform them automatically;, hence stating that these actions are habitual. A habit is defined as an acquired behavior pattern that is repeated until it has become involuntary form. In Duhiggs book, The Power of Habit, he explains scientific studies on how habits form and the how they can be transformed. Habits usually become an unconscious activity and not even known they are being done. Habits usually are bad but can be good for the most part. At times the individual is not even aware that the habit is hurting them dramatically.... [tags: English-language films, American films, Habit]
1162 words (3.3 pages)
- ... Therefore, Aon Hewitt (2012) also proposes a model of 3 elements to examine the outcomes of engagement, namely say, stay and strive (Appendix 1). Firstly, say means that employees are engaged when they speak positive things about the organization to co-workers, potential employees and customers. Having a strong intention to be a member of the organization is defined as stay. And lastly, strive means to exert extra effort and are dedicated to perform the very best job possible to contribute to the business success of organization.... [tags: organizational engagement, employees]
2505 words (7.2 pages)
- “Mental health advocacy joins the abolition of slavery, votes for women, and feminism and gay rights as another example of emancipation within Western society” (Barker et al, 2010) “The doctors suggest peculiar names to experiences that are exceedingly peculiar to be understood” (Nike, 2013) This essay aims to examine, through a student nurse perspective, some of the eventual challenges in implementing a recovery-focused approach in Mental Health Services. This will be done by analysing concepts consolidated in the Literature about Recovery and their application to practice, in the light of some existentially important experiences lived by Nike in a Trust committed to a Recovery Approach a... [tags: mental health, healthcare, case study]
2892 words (8.3 pages)
- Bruxism, an unconscious habit, has become extremely prevalent among populations of all ages Although it is considered a normal and common habit, it can cause lasting effects on not only the oral cavity, but the head and neck as well. Since most people are completely unaware they are bruxing, it is extremely important for a hygienist to be able to identify the signs, symptoms, and clinical appearance of bruxism and how to educate and treat their patients who may present with the signs of this habit.1 Bruxism is a parafunctional activity of the jaw, which may include the clenching, grinding, or gnashing of the teeth.... [tags: Sleep disorder, Sleep, Sleep deprivation, Bruxism]
1064 words (3 pages)
- The literature reviews aims to investigate the effects that extracurricular activity engagement by teachers has on the teacher-student educational relationship. The review concludes that the positives outweigh the negatives for the teacher-student educational relationship when teachers and students engage in extracurricular activity. It cautions about some of the commitments required from teachers to engage in extracurricular work. Key words: Teacher, Educational Relationships, Teacher-Student Relationship, Engagement.... [tags: Education, Curriculum, Teacher]
1038 words (3 pages)
- ... In-turn comes the correlation of the 8th habit into the original 7 habits. The 8th habit focuses on one’s inner core, aspirations and desires, and one’s reason for living, one’s purpose. While one achieves their own voice or calling, one should believe in and encourage others to do the same for themselves. Understanding that not every person has traveled the same, maybe not even a similar, path that has been journeyed more often. During the research process I discovered a DVD in a sleeve in the 8th habit book.... [tags: character, habit, direction, foundation]
1083 words (3.1 pages)
- Blondal, K. S., & Adalbjarnardottir, S. (2014). Parenting in Relation to School Dropout Through Student Engagement: A Longitudinal Study. Journal of Marriage & Family, 76(4), 778-795. doi:10.1111/jomf.12125 This journal article is about a longitudinal study examining the contributions of parental practices, school engagement to graduation rates. Research focused on structural factors in relation to student achievement. Using a structural equation model Blondal’s research finding suggest that there is a relationship between authoritative parents and school graduation rates.... [tags: High school, Dropout, Sample size, Education]
1082 words (3.1 pages)
- As the Neil Lane diamond engagement ring sparkled off of her finger, Sally Albino,30, a Staten Island Hospital clerk and Cosimo Zingaropoli,32,a retail manager, both of Staten Island were in complete awe over their recent engagement. The white gold ring consisted of diamonds all around the band glistening from every angle. But it wasn’t all sparkles and diamonds saving up for this lifelong engagement ring. Albino and Zingaropoli have been together 6 years before getting engaged. “I wanted to get her the ring she wanted and loved.” Zingaropoli said.... [tags: Engagement ring, Diamond, Engagement, Rings]
851 words (2.4 pages)
- Civic Engagement through Community Problem Solving Abstract As young people’s civic and political participation continues to decline, a number of organizations are working to reverse the decline by increasing opportunities for youth to participate. Communities around the country are taking steps to engage young people through a variety of methods that allow youth to actually participate in policy development and take action on local issues. The effectiveness of such community programs on long-term civic engagement is not well documented, however.... [tags: Civic Engagement Education Essays]
6911 words (19.7 pages)