In recent years, smoking has started to take over the lives of many teenagers. The number of teenagers smoking has increased dramatically in the last several years. This is a major problem because smoking can lead to sickness and major diseases that can lead to death. Teens tend to participate in this while out of the presence of an adult figure. Although teens should not be smoking in the first place, an adult figure should be around to help insure that their children are doing the right things, even when they are behind sealed doors with their peers. Teenagers as they mature become a model for younger children and when they set the example of smoking can ruin their respectable image to the children that look up to them.
One solution to keep teens from smoking is to help offer them alternatives other than smoking. Bum a stick of gum instead of a cigarette, talk toward friends that are also having this addiction problem and helping each other concentrate on something other than their addiction, try starting another activity rather than smoking such as walking or even riding a bike (The Real Cost). Trying new things no matter what it is can always have a tremendous outcome, so why can you not try to do some activities other than those that can ruin one’s life. Friends can always have a huge impact when trying to help their friends with their addiction. There are many activities that people can try other than sneaking out back and smoking a cigarette. Walking is one such activity that one can try to help them kick the addiction of smoking out of their life. Walking not only takes time out of your schedule to keep you from smoking when you do not need to but also helps you increase your health and helps build back you...
... middle of paper ...
...o be able to see the outcome of smoking against the younger generation of people. (Health line)
Smoking is a very big problem in the United States especially when it comes to teen smoking. Parents and friends especially should try everything they can to decrease this when they become aware of this. Let them know that you will be them through it all, show them the effects of smoking, and go walking with them. No matter what you have to do it will be worth it several years from now when you are able to enjoy their company for the rest of your life knowing that you were one of the main reasons why they are still here and not one of the thirty percent of the teenagers that will continue and one day let this addiction ruin their life. If some will come together and work hard the numbers of teenagers smoking and dying, can decrease and begin to save lives.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- For this senior research paper I will be talking about teen smoking on how this has been a big issue in today 's society and we need find way to stop smoking so they could have a better and healthier life style.So they could tell other teens the consquence that maybe some of them faced or some that they could face and lead to serious health issues which could lead to death.For example, ,’’close to 70% of adult smokers report that they would like to quit’’(Teen Smoking Facts).This shows that most of the adults are quiting to smoke so other teens could see the effort and coruge they have to stop smoking so they could set a good example to the teens so they could stop smoking and some adults al... [tags: Tobacco smoking, Nicotine, Smoking, Tobacco]
1483 words (4.2 pages)
- Growing up in a village, call Doushan. I have seen my father smoking as long as I remember. And people who are male smoked around me. Though many people smoke around me, I didn’t attract by cigarettes. I have never tried cigarettes in my life. But, I have seen many of my classmates smoked and they were smoking for a long time. They were regular smokers since elementary school. A regular smoker is also called every day smoker which defined as “An adult who has smoke at least 100 cigarettes in his or her life time, and who now smokes everyday.” Teen smoking is influenced by several reasons, and it also evolved from a social behavior.... [tags: Smoking, Cigarette, High school, Middle school]
1764 words (5 pages)
- Someone you might know, whether your grandparents, parents, siblings, friends, or even yourself, smokes or has smoked cigarettes. If you haven’t yourself, you’ve seen the effects and consequences one can encounter. Not always, but sometimes, you see the struggles and sickness your loved one can go through and you’d give anything to make that someone feel better. Technology has been on a rise and possibly figured out a safer way. Smoking an electronic cigarette or perhaps a traditional cigarette still provides the nicotine, but it’s possible one can change not just someone’s health for the better but others around them.... [tags: Tobacco, Nicotine, Smoking, Cigarette]
1282 words (3.7 pages)
- Smoking a cigarette in the park or in a party would be so much fun for so many teenagers. Also, sitting with friends or a group of people and smoking, many teens believe that this makes them look cool. Many people have seen many teens under the age of eighteen smoking in street with their friends.“They start smoking in the between the age of 12 to 17. “According to Herbert bob, says, they were passing the same cigarette to each other, and this would be a serious problem by passing a disease to each other and they have no idea that would happen”.... [tags: Tobacco, Nicotine, Smoking, Tobacco smoking]
2864 words (8.2 pages)
- Teen Smoking Peer pressure, to availability, to promotion, to the main cause, negative influences. These are some reasons that cause teens to smoke before the age of 18. Peer pressure is one of the most common effects that cause teens to smoke or try something that shouldn’t be tried. Especially when hanging with friends, a lot of teens get pressured into doing things and one of them is smoking. Friends pressure them into smoking and that’s when they try to fit in so they won’t get teased or become ashamed because they didn’t want to try it.... [tags: Tobacco Nicotine]
1645 words (4.7 pages)
- In recent years, smoking has started to take over the lives of many teenagers. The number of teenagers smoking has increased dramatically in the last several years. This is a major problem because smoking can lead to sickness and major diseases that can lead to death. Teens tend to participate in this while out of the presence of an adult figure. Although teens should not be smoking in the first place, an adult figure should be around to help insure that their children are doing the right things, even when they are behind closed doors with their peers.... [tags: Tobacco smoking, Nicotine, Smoking, Cigarette]
901 words (2.6 pages)
- Daunt, 1 Cigarette smoking is the leading cause of deaths in America. “Each year about 480,000 people in the United States die from illnesses related to tobacco use. Smoking cigarettes kills more Americans than alcohol, car accidents, suicide, AIDS, homicide, and illegal drugs combined” (1). Thus, smoking is a dominant cause of deaths and is awfully hazardous. Today, cigarette smoking is really common in younger age groups. Teenagers have this idea that smoking will make you cool and help you fit in.... [tags: Smoking, Tobacco, Cigarette, Nicotine]
1211 words (3.5 pages)
- Nowadays, when medical technical developed, people could have more condition to detect and cure their disease. Therefore, people recognized that smoking is one of the causes of death in humans today. In fact, although they understand that smoking is dangerous to human health such as smoking increase that lead cancers, cardiovascular and respiratory diseases, they still could not quit smoking, even the number of smokers is increasing. Especially, according to the survey, the rate of smoking adolescents significantly increased over the years on the world, so the question is why has smoking become popular in adolescent components although they realize of negative effect of smoking to their heal... [tags: Tobacco, Tobacco smoking, Adolescence, Nicotine]
1377 words (3.9 pages)
- Under Age Smoking Cigarettes a hazard to life have become very common. It is just a burning a piece of paper and tobacco, but smokers ignore and take the carbon dioxide into the lungs. People are killing themselves and harming others by smoking. The awareness among the people has been rising but many of the young people ignore the dangers, and still many diseases are happening; consequence would be more deaths. The dangers of smoking are many, but still cigarettes have become common; every third person smokes these days.... [tags: Teen Smoking, Study Review]
919 words (2.6 pages)
- Tobacco Advertising and its dangerous effects on young people. Tobacco Advertising Makes Young People Their Chief Target Everyday 3,000 children start smoking, most them between the ages of 10 and 18. These kids account for 90 percent of all new smokers. In fact, 90 percent of all adult smokers said that they first lit up as teenagers (Roberts). These statistics clearly show that young people are the prime target in the tobacco wars. The cigarette manufacturers may deny it, but advertising and promotion play a vital part in making these facts a reality (Roberts).... [tags: essays research papers fc]
759 words (2.2 pages)