Essay PreviewMore ↓
One of the most important thing in basketball is the ability to play games and practicing as a team. When a person practices they gain the ability to win games but when they don’t practice they are more likely to lose there games because they are not as experienced as if they did practice. The more experience a player has the more successful they are gonna be out on the court compared to a player who never practices with there team will not be as successful to win games. No matter what sport a person plays there is always room for improvement and that leads to my next topic about the effects of practicing for basketball and how it can effect the skill level of the player.
The effects of practicing and improvement in a players performance is key to the game of basketball when a player practices for basketball they are improving because they are either getting a better basketball IQ or improving in the fundamentals like shooting and passing and dribbling a player can not get too good on these attributes so it encouraged that players always practice. Then again there is that player who never practices the fundamentals and never improves on his basketball IQ will not be able to be successful in part of basketball. When there is no practicing with a player he will not be able to discern what to do in practice or in games. The player will also have a struggle working with his teammates if he does not practice. Which leads me to my next topic on why practicing can change the way a player can learn how to play and cooperate with his teammates.
The last topic but one of the most important effects of practicing is how much it can a effect the players ability to play with his team and be a team player. The player who practices with his
How to Cite this Page
"Effects of Practicing and Not Practicing Basketball." 123HelpMe.com. 15 Nov 2019
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Subject Selection Process This study was conducted over 2.5 National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) basketball seasons at 15 Division II universities throughout the nation, each school being studied separately. Subjects were selected from a pool of undergraduate female athletes that were currently participating in a varsity level female basketball team. Full rosters of the female basketball team of these universities were recruited through in person explanation of the study and of the procedures, with the approval of the head coach.... [tags: Sleep, Sleep deprivation, Reaction time]
1272 words (3.6 pages)
- Kids around the world have many interests and hobbies, many to choose from, but the most popular interest to a child is sports. Athletes all over the world dedicate time and gratitude to become an amazing athlete, or even make a living from the sport itself. Although, the road ahead for those children athletes are going to be a huge obstacle due to many reasons. The biggest bump to affect a children’s activity with the sports world are of course, injuries. What is an injury. An injury is a physical unfortunate event that happens within the body, which is harmful or even life threatening depending on the part of the body that was damaged severely.... [tags: Basketball, High school, Injury, Strain]
2108 words (6 pages)
- “It 's important that athletes can compete on a level playing field. And youngsters coming into the sport can know that if they are working hard and training hard, they 'll see a true reflection of where they stand and what they can achieve worldwide and not be swayed by people who are cheating.” This was said by Paula Jane Radcliffe, a long-distance runner and Olympian. Cheating in sports is considered to be immoral. In sports there are many different forms of cheating. Whether it is illegal taping, bribes, or foul play, it is never the way to go.... [tags: Anabolic steroid, Testosterone, Growth hormone]
1018 words (2.9 pages)
- The National Basketball Association (NBA) is a professional basketball league teams in North America. The league was founded in New York City on June 6 1946. The men basketball team which is the most successful of it has 30 franchised member club, it has 29 of it in the United States and one in Canada. And the sub branch which is for women is called the WNBA(Women National Basketball Team). CURRENT SOCIAL MEDIA The current media techniques employed by the NBA is there own very site which is (http://www.nba.com/) The NBA also uses twitter to promote and advertise its products and games and which currently have 15.9millions followers and the players also have twitter account which they used... [tags: Basketball, National Basketball Association]
1950 words (5.6 pages)
- I have chosen this career because there is nothing I would rather do than play the game of basketball for the rest my life. I started playing organized basketball in the sixth grade, and I have been in love with the game ever since. Here is a little history on basketball, The First type game may have been played by the early Olmec people of ancient Mexico as early as 500 years ago. The Aztec, and Mayan cultures also had a game similar to basketball, only instead of a rubber ball they used the decapitated skulls of their conquered foes.... [tags: Basketball, National Basketball Association]
1281 words (3.7 pages)
- What Effects Do Child Beauty Pageants Have On The Child. The tension is building. It is almost time for her to go on stage. Everything, from head to toe, is double checked to make sure it is perfect. Her make-up is flawless. The foundation covers any unevenness in skin tone, while the blush gives her cheeks a nice rosy glow. Eye shadow, mascara, and false eyelashes have been applied. Lipstick and lip gloss contribute to the pout of her lips. Her hair has been curled, teased, placed in an upswept hairdo, and heavily sprayed with hair spray to keep the hair in place during her performance.... [tags: Child Psychology ]
1128 words (3.2 pages)
- Bzzzz. It was the start of the fourth quarter of the fifth-grade championship basketball game, and we had the lead. Thirty-eight to twenty-three. With only an eight-minute quarter ahead of us, we were confident that we had this game in the bag. By this time, we thought we were invincible, after all, we were undefeated, and we did a comfortable lead. But quickly, this confidence began to reveal itself in our play. We slowed down and lowered our intensity. The aggressiveness and relentlessness that brought us this far were suddenly replaced by passiveness and laziness.... [tags: Basketball, International Basketball Federation]
838 words (2.4 pages)
- Every time you step on to the court its a challenge. Not only an individual challenge, but a team challenge to be the best. This is for the best two sports in the world, football and basketball. The glory of winning, but the agony of losing, is what separates the champs from contenders. There are truly two of sports we highlight in today culture. They are so popular that you see them all over the world, or maybe different version of them. There are truly die hard fans from not only these sports, but others world wide.... [tags: American football, Basketball, Ball]
851 words (2.4 pages)
- ... “10” announced Ladoo. “0”, yelled Budda. Luigi was very confused, he had no idea what just happened. He thought he would get in until he heard 0 from Budda. Luigi left the gym in confusion, so he went home and slept. When he woke up, he heard from judge Ladoo that there is another tryout 6 days later. He went to the Baker Walter Gym to practice. He was all alone until he saw Miami Lightning’s star player James Lebron. James Lebron gave Luigi tips to get into the NBA draft, he also helped him practice.... [tags: basketball, player, judge, practice, tryout]
546 words (1.6 pages)
- The Beginning of Basketball Have you ever had an interest in how something was invented. An interest in how your favorite activity or hobby came about. Ever since I was introduced to sports and how competitive it was, I became hooked. I enjoy playing football, basketball, and baseball. Of the three main sports that I play, basketball seems to be my favorite. It challenges endurance, speed, accuracy, agility, and strength. I feel guilty not knowing who created the game that takes up most of my free-time.... [tags: History Basketball]
1192 words (3.4 pages)
There is a lot of reasons why players and teams should practice because if they don’t as it is explained in the paper the player or team will not be successful at all no matter what as it is said if there is no practice there is no success and that is what everybody wants. The things in basketball that happens between practicing is the ability to play games, it can effect a players skill level, and learning how to play and cooperate with teammates. What are the effects of practicing for basketball and not practicing?