The rise of the sea level over the past decade is a slow but steady change. It does not have an immediate effect, but a gradual effect on the planet. The sea level as risen .14 of an inch per year since 1990. Over the last century is has risen a total of 4 to 8 inches total. This may not seem like a lot but over time this will only increase and create a much bigger problem. As seen in the picture belo...
... middle of paper ...
... air conditioning. With the ice caps melting it is causing a constant rise in temperatures. It also making a huge effect in the rise of sea levels. With the rise in sea levels and rise in temperatures it is making the ocean expand and causing danger to the coastal cities. These cities are at danger of the ocean completely taking over the land. Yes, global warming is the main cause to all of this but again we can help with that. Humans are the ones who helped cause global warming so we can help with making it cause less damage. If we all step in and start making small changes then ice caps will melt at a slower rate and cause less of a damage. Just like the damage is a ripple effect the way to help the ice caps not melt is also a ripple effect. Making small changes causing global warming to not be so high is helping the ice caps not melt so fast. All a ripple effect.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- The adverse effects of global warming have become more and more apparent since the beginning of the 20th century, with more hurricanes and tropical storms that have caused massive destruction in different areas around the world.There is also a big increase in animal species that are losing their habitats and going extinct, and an increasing death percentage of people dieing due to heat conditions. It all started in 1896 when a swedish scientist by the name of Svante Arrhenius claimed to be the first men to discover that fossil fuel combustion may eventually result in enhanced global warming.... [tags: Global warming, Carbon dioxide, Atmosphere]
1231 words (3.5 pages)
- 2016 has been a year of many world breaking records with some good and some bad. Every single one of the records broken in Artic involving ice caps have been devastating. We have record highs of temperatures 10 to 15 degrees higher. With this comes a record low amount of ice. Everything in the Artic is a ripple effect. Once one thing goes bad it will all soon get bad. The ice caps can be described as an air conditioning unit for our planet. The ice caps themselves is what helps keep the planet to not over heat although in some places like Texas for example still will get extremely hot.... [tags: Ocean, Water, Global warming, Earth]
1778 words (5.1 pages)
- One of the most prevalent issues discussed in today’s society is global warming, it has gathered international attention over the past few years due to the increase of temperature throughout the world. Scientists believe that if global warming is not dealt with seriously, within the next few years it may cause excessive glacier melting in which turn would end up flooding cities along coasts, heats and droughts, and crop failure. With these catastrophic consequences it is essential for governments across the world to do their part in ensuring steps are taken to prevent further warming from happening.... [tags: Global warming, Carbon dioxide, Fossil fuel]
1010 words (2.9 pages)
- Many change and influences are being been concerned since average temperature has changed. While global warming is occurring, global temperatures and climate patterns are changing across the entire world. That some effects started appearing across a spread of countries is a result of human activities such as burning of fossil fuels, deforestation, and agriculture result in climate change all of the problems can be addressed by reducing energy consumption, curbing clear logging, and eating less meat.... [tags: Carbon dioxide, Global warming, Climate change]
833 words (2.4 pages)
- Home Sweet Home The dictionary defines climate change as a change in global or local climate patterns such as heat and precipitation. The trees that provide oxygen, the water that keeps us hydrated and the animals along with plants that gives us food grant Earth with features that make it adequate to live in. Global warming, as stated in the name, occurs when Earth 's atmosphere starts getting warmer. Global Warming has become a problem throughout the world that will need to be addressed over the coming years because it affects animals, sea level and landscapes around the world.... [tags: Carbon dioxide, Global warming, Greenhouse gas]
932 words (2.7 pages)
- Global warming ignites vital challenges the globe faces in the recent century. Humans’ anthropogenic activities, expansion of industrialization, the growth of population and usage of fossil gases encompasses the major contributing factors of global warming affecting the rise in sea level, widespread melting of ice sheets, expansion of deserts, heavy rain, which causes a flood and heavy snowfalls, drought, increase in death rate and other devastating long-term challenges to the entire globe. Shifting the path of the world to a complete diverted one brings up heated topics across the world, which worries every human residing on the planet.... [tags: Climate change, Global warming, Water]
1279 words (3.7 pages)
- Problems with global warming Global warming is an ever growing problem faced by our society today. It seems too often that people think that global warming is only a myth, but I’m here to say it’s not. Global warming is a serious problem with serious effects on the world as a whole. Global warming is caused by air pollution; this type of pollution causes the release of greenhouse gasses. The most common of the greenhouse gasses is CO2. The way greenhouse gasses effect the environment is they turn the shorter radiation that is easily absorbed into the ozone layer into longer radiation.... [tags: Water, Ocean, Climate change, Oxygen]
723 words (2.1 pages)
- Global warming is an ever growing problem faced by our society today. It seems too often that people think that global warming is only a myth, but I’m here to say it’s not. Global warming is a serious problem with serious effects on the world as a whole. Global warming is caused by air pollution; this type of pollution causes the release of greenhouse gasses. The way greenhouse gasses effects the environment is they turn the shorter radiation that is easily absorbed into the ozone layer into longer radiation.... [tags: Water, Ocean, Climate change, Climate]
840 words (2.4 pages)
- One of the greatest challenge to overcome for humankind in the 21st century is climate change that resulted from imprudent human activities such as indiscriminate development and natural resources exploitation. Since the Industrial Revolution, people around the world only cared about economic growth and followed anthropocentric ideas. They abused and devastated natural capital in all parts of the Earth by logging, burning coals and polluting water systems. This irresponsible natural resources exploitation resulted in global warming and climate change crisis throughout the world.... [tags: Greenhouse gas, Carbon dioxide, Global warming]
1349 words (3.9 pages)
- According to the American Meteorological Society, there is a 90 percent probability that global temperatures will rise by 3.5 to 7.4 degrees Celsius (6.3 to 13.3 degrees Fahrenheit) in less than one hundred years, with even greater increases over land and the poles. Such shifts in temperature could and will trigger widespread disasters in the form of rising sea levels, violent and volatile weather patterns, desertification, famine, water shortages, and other secondary effects including conflict.... [tags: Greenhouse gas, Carbon dioxide, Global warming]
1103 words (3.2 pages)
- Summary Of ' Book ' Of Nehemiah '
- Ethics Are Good Principals That Control A Person 's Actions
- The Big Enchilada By George W. Bush Campaign And How His Media Team Helped Shape His Message
- Marketing : An Important Area Of Marketing
- Portal : A Single Player Puzzle Game
- The Devil And Tom Walker And The Minister 's Black Veil