Step out your front door, most of you will see a gloomy polluted sky and I would be surprised if your nose isn’t filled with the stench of asphalt and car exhaust with every breath you take. You have been breathing that air for so long you almost forget what fresh air smells like. This is signs of pollution and yes, there is consequences to this problem. "Carbon dioxide, a greenhouse gas, is the main pollutant that is warming Earth"; states National Geographic Inc. Come to find out burning fossil fuels like gas, and things of this type create carbon dioxide gas and too much of it is harmful to our planet. National Geographic also states our Carbon Dioxide l...
... middle of paper ...
...f a kind, the search continues for a new planet to settle on. Until we find that planet we must be innovative and humble with our approach. Humans are capable of great things when we put our minds together and work as one. Education is key to our survival and furthering our advancements in technology we could change this world for the good. In the mean time we have to stand up for what’s right and do what we must to protect ourselves and our destiny no matter what stands in our way.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Global Warming The overall climate of the Earth is increasing primarily due to human activity. This phenomenon is referred to as global warming, and poses a threat to the current population and future generations. Should nations come together in an attempt to reverse and slow the effects of global warming. Global warming is the gradual heating of Earth 's surface, oceans and atmosphere (Bradford). This reaction is triggered by greenhouse gases that are released into the atmosphere as a result of pollution, and poor uses of energy and natural resources.... [tags: Climate change, Greenhouse gas, Global warming]
2042 words (5.8 pages)
- Global Warming If we don’t do something about global warming now. Can it affect future generations on earth. Look around you what’s been happening. do you even know. Sea levels have been rising, global temperature rise, warming oceans, shrinking ice sheets, declining arctic sea ice, glacial retreat, extreme events, ocean acidification, decreased snow cover, and these are only a few of the things that have been happening. We have to do something now about global warming. The effects of global warming create a growing danger for the ecosystem we live in by damaging glaciers and weather patterns.... [tags: Global warming, Carbon dioxide, Fossil fuel]
1329 words (3.8 pages)
- Throughout the 21st century, global warming rates have increased by unprecedented amounts. As the Earth’s changing climate becomes a dire issue for nature and human society, climate scientists continue to predict the effects that rising temperatures will have on the whole planet in the future. Notably, in 2008, environmental activist Mark Lynas examined aspects of global warming, like rising sea levels, natural disasters, and overall temperature changes in his book Six Degrees: Our Future on a Hotter Planet.... [tags: Greenhouse gas, Climate change, Global warming]
1845 words (5.3 pages)
- Global Warming is a condition caused by greenhouse gases and human activities. The increased concentration of greenhouse gases due to activities such as deforestation and fossil fuel burning is causing the Earth’s atmosphere and oceans to warm up. As a result of this, global warming has some serious effects in the shape of extreme weather, species extinctions, and rising sea levels. These effects can contribute to the changes that are taking place all over the world, most of which are dangerous enough to pose a threat to the survival of life on Earth in the future.... [tags: Causes and Effects]
671 words (1.9 pages)
- Global warming is a very serious issue that will affect us all in the long run. Global warming is the increase of the Earth’s average temperature. This increase of temperature is causing drastic changes to be felt throughout the world. Due to global warming we experience a change in seasonal temperatures, breathe in polluted air, put our future in danger, and our only option to counter will be conservation. According to NASA, the Earth’s average temperature is around 58.3 degrees Fahrenheit. That is one degree warmer than the 20th century.... [tags: Global warming, Carbon dioxide, Earth, Automobile]
873 words (2.5 pages)
- The climate change issue until a few years ago for me was simply a buzzword and was no more than that. I could hear, read, see, much information about climate change, but I never was caring about it. I remember clearly I had no interest in this kind of topics, in some way I thought global warming was just an excuse for people to keep the mind busy. Exactly two years ago I met a young woman named Andrea, which by then was new in my work. I was fortunate enough to coach Andrea and develop a beautiful friendship and she always used to talk about the conservation of animal species and climate change.... [tags: Global warming, Earth, Climate change, Atmosphere]
847 words (2.4 pages)
- Is global warming a problem and if so, what can we do about it. Many researchers, scientists, and environmentalists are expressing concerns about changes in the overall climate of the earth. Some believe that a dramatically dangerous warming is taking place in the overall global climate, a problem that is referred to as "global warming." Changes in climate can result from both natural events and human activities. Examples of natural causes of climate change are volcanic eruptions, variations in the earth 's orbit around the sun, and variations in solar output.... [tags: Global warming, Climate change, Greenhouse gas]
1548 words (4.4 pages)
- The undergoing climate change has been recognized as one of the most dangerous threats in human history that needs to be taken care of. It is believed that this phenomenon is predominantly caused by human activities which involving the burning of fossil fuels that release large-scale amounts of greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions to the atmosphere and deforestation (IPCC, 2014). Human presence has catalyzed the changes in climate from its natural way. These rapid changes bring several effects to the temperature change (global warming), sea-level rise, and extreme weather events that can lead to serious impacts of human life quality degradation such as health, food, and energy security.... [tags: Global warming, Greenhouse gas, Human]
1327 words (3.8 pages)
- Global Warming: What should be done. Is global warming real. Well I believe it is. I not only do I believe global warming is real, but I believe we as a nation need to further more take precautions to stop global warming. First let’s take a look at what global warming is. Global warming is “a gradual increase in the overall temperature of the earth 's atmosphere generally attributed to the greenhouse effect caused by increased levels of carbon dioxide, chlorofluorocarbons, and other pollutants”.(Google) But why is it important to try to stop the continual harm we as a nation is putting on the earth through global warming.... [tags: Carbon dioxide, Greenhouse gas, Global warming]
1300 words (3.7 pages)
- The Effects of Global Warming on Our Planet Global warming, professionally also called the climate change represents nowadays a critical global issue posing a serious potential threat. This simply means that the average temperature of our planet is slowly rising. This however is not due to the natural causes as it was in the past but due to people and their activities, which permit the so-called greenhouse gases to be emitted into the atmosphere. This has already taken its toll in terms of altering the weather and subsequently the conditions of the whole planet and might also have consequences for the future.... [tags: Environmental Global Climate Change]
577 words (1.6 pages)
- The Explanation And Critique Of The Novel ' Pride And Prejudice '
- How Communication Is Used On A Day
- Congenital Microcephaly, A Neurological Condition Caused By Incomplete Brain Development
- Performance Ticketing Solution For The King 's Theatre
- The Big Five Unique Personality Model
- An Integral Component Of The Occupational Therapy Profession