The earth has been one of the most important things in human life without it we wouldn’t be here right now. The horrible things that have come across from earth’s atmosphere right now aren’t very good, people don’t get the idea that the earth is suffering due to our own pollution that we make for electricity or automobiles for our needs. Pollution comes in different substances such as in the water, ground, and air it’s harmful to the environment and to ourselves, the earth has started to become polluted since the human race began to rise. If pollution is not stopped the world could get a little more polluted and suffer great consequences such as the ocean level, getting higher and people may not even be able to survive due to the harsh conditions. The earth’s atmosphere is being polluted every day by the automobiles and industries, mostly in urban areas where there are an abundance of factories or cars. The most common air pollutants are carbon monoxide, nitrogen dioxide, and sulfur dioxide; these pollutants are the ones that pollute the atmosphere. These pollutants aren’t just gliding around the earth, they evolve by chemical reaction mainly they get oxidized in which most of the time they become acids and fall down as rain droplets.
In earth’s atmosphere there are plenty of different types of gas such as oxygen, nitrogen, carbon dioxide, and water vapor. In various ways, some gases are useful and harmful to the atmosphere like the carbon dioxide it helps the planet warm up by the light of the sun, which bounces to Earth’s surface until the light ray finds its way out into space, but if theirs too much of it the Earth’s surfaces becomes hotter than usual, which is called global warming. The earth’s...
... middle of paper ...
... be able to live due to the extreme temperatures. Fossil fuels are the main pollutant they create many different and hazardous chemicals such as acid rain and photochemical smog. Global warming is another problem with the world in which light rays won’t get out into space due to pollution. Another harmful pollutant is ammonia it’s used for the soil, but when there’s to much of it, it could even damage a person’s respiratory system leading to death. Even when coal is burned it releases airborne mercury it’s a dangerous toxin for mothers and the common way to get it in your blood system is eating fish that have high concentration of mercury it’s a bad pollutant that causes damage to the fetus. Generally, pollution should be taken care of before worst things happen, such as the melting of the Antarctica, the health of people, and other disaster that might even happen.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Global warming is the rise in the earth’s average atmospheric temperature. When sunlight heats the ground surface, it releases most of the solar energy it has absorbed as infrared radiation. Then what is known as the “greenhouse effect” occurs, this is where the gases in the atmosphere absorb the re-radiated infrared radiation and the escape of these gases being released into space is prevented. As long as the composition of greenhouse gases in the atmosphere does not change, the heat in the atmosphere will remain constant by releasing the contained heat into space.... [tags: Global warming, Climate change, Greenhouse gas]
1579 words (4.5 pages)
- Although Earth experiences natural warming and cooling via the process known as the Greenhouse Effect, human actions have caused the warming to significantly increase at a rapid rate. As the planet has been warming, the number of severe storms has risen, indicating that there are changes taking place in the atmosphere. This increase in dangerous weather threatens human lives. The claim that global warming is not occurring has been brought up by some researchers and scientists, but it has been documented that alarming changes in global temperature really have been taking place.... [tags: Carbon dioxide, Greenhouse gas, Global warming]
1232 words (3.5 pages)
- Over the earths long history, the plant has undergone periods of hot and cold temperatures due to the earth’s axis and orientation to the sun. In recent times one major factor has contributed to what is referred to as global warming and that is humanity. “Global warming is the unusually rapid increase in Earth’s average surface temperature over the past century primarily due to the greenhouse gases released by people burning fossil fuels. The global average surface temperature rose 0.6 to 0.9 degrees Celsius (1.1 to 1.6° F) between 1906 and 2005, and the rate of temperature increase has nearly doubled in the last 50 years.... [tags: Global warming, Carbon dioxide, Oxygen, Water]
1084 words (3.1 pages)
- The Effects of Global Warming What is global warming, and how is it affecting the Earth and its inhabitants. Global warming is sometimes referred to as the greenhouse effect. The greenhouse effect is the absorption of energy radiated from the Earth's surface by carbon dioxide and other gases in the atmosphere, causing the atmosphere to become warmer. The greenhouse effect is what is causing the temperature on the Earth to rise, and creating many problems that will begin to occur in the coming decades.... [tags: Global Warming Climate Change]
1167 words (3.3 pages)
- There are numerous factors that contribute to global warming that can cause flooding of coastlines. It is not unreasonable to assume that Global warming has an effect on Delaware’s coastline. Research shows us that the mean surface temperature along with climate changes and greenhouse gas concentrations can vary however, for the past 10,000 years the earth remained in the “Holocene” interglacial period (National Climatic Data Center, 2008). Indicating little fluctuation in the earth’s climate, surface temperatures and greenhouse gas concentration.... [tags: Climate change, Atmosphere, Global warming, Ocean]
1174 words (3.4 pages)
- The Global Warming and Environmental Changes, has a controversial issue that has been whether the facts support this as a real issue and that the worlds temperature is in fact warming or one of this being a myth and the planets overall temperatures are not raising any more or less than in any other time in history; therefore, for years this issue had been a scientific theory, nobody cared about except scientists. Since the 1970’s, the scientists discovered the fact that the temperature of the earth’s is increasing, and that the environment will encounter a real problem because of the humans’ activities on the earth.... [tags: Global warming, Carbon dioxide, Earth]
1644 words (4.7 pages)
- The Cause of Global Warming Global Warming is known to be a popular name given to the recent warming of earth’s climate due to human-released greenhouse gases. Greenhouse effect is basically gases that create clouds in the atmosphere which then increases the temperature on the earth’s surface, as explained in McKnight’s Physical Geography by Darrel Hess. Which means it is causing a climate change in our communities, affecting our health and putting it at risk because of the toxins in the air. However, there are two categories global warming is placed when deciding what or who is creating it.... [tags: Global warming, Earth, Carbon dioxide]
1303 words (3.7 pages)
- GLOBAL WARMING A huge level climate change in the current time attracts the people’s attention very easily. Every one of us is feeling very clearly from the short-term changes in the seasonal patterns of temperature, drought, rainfall without season, changing weather patterns, etc. to the long-term changes affecting the entire earth. Climate is a long-term weather trend affecting human lives positively or negatively. Climate change is the long term variations in the weather patterns. Climate itself adjusts time to time however going at wrong path since many years because of regular loss of huge ice sheets.... [tags: Global warming, Climate change, Earth]
1370 words (3.9 pages)
- Global warming has become a very serious issue for past five decades. It plays pivotal role towards the functionality of our global ecosystem. This phenomenon called Global warming is a unified grand problem and remedial steps must be taken sooner than later by understanding what contributes towards global warming and the solutions to reduce it. It is highly debatable, as any nation cannot be made accountable for Global warming. Global warming is a phenomenon of raising the temperature on earth’s atmosphere through increment of green house gases from human activities such as, air pollution, water pollution, land pollution etc.... [tags: Carbon dioxide, Global warming, Greenhouse gas]
1063 words (3 pages)
- Global Warming: “It’s gettin’ hot in here, so take off all your clothes…” The famous words of R&B star, Nelly, are truer than one might think. It really is getting hot in here. The world’s average temperature is rising every year and is expected to be 5 to 10 degrees higher by the end of the century, which is faster than they have increased in the last ten millennia, according to the National Resource Defense Council’s website. But why is this epidemic happening. As the Defense Council states, global warming is caused by carbon dioxide and other types of heat trapping pollution that are collecting like a blanket in the atmosphere, trapping heat from the earth as it tries to radi... [tags: Environmental Global Climate Change]
1768 words (5.1 pages)