They made an odd looking pair of best friends. She was barely over five feet tall with short dark hair and the other just missed six feet by a hair with long flowing curly blonde hair. Best friends they were though; together so often that if one was out on the town without the other she was questioned as to where her partner in crime was. So, of course she was going to be there for support during this night of harassing phone calls.
When the number of calls reached 40 the tall one had also reached her limit and answered the phone herself. This was not the voice he expected to hear so he began barking questions as to his wife’s location. Not being one to toy with, the tall one answered his loud questions with “I believe she is no longer your wife or obligated to answer to you, but she’s out and about at the moment and unreachable.”
“Who is this?” he grilled the question through the phone and her response was that it was no longer his business who was answering her phone, be it man, woman, or child. “This must be that Amazon bitch she’s been running around with lately,” he yelled through the phone hoping to offend the woman on the other end of the receiver.
She’s not eas...
... middle of paper ...
...our ears because you obviously didn’t listen when we talked about this. Grow some nuts, and learn how to be a proper father. Don’t let your six year old answer the phone when your date is calling, and teach him enough respect to know it’s not nice to question adults this way. I really hope you know better with the next woman you meet because this one is done.”
The silence at their table was deafening; only to be broken when the Amazon’s boyfriend laughed with “Wow, girl, no need to be so hostile.” Leaving her to pause a moment, then begin to laugh in response “So I guess we can call it a Society now. We have an Amazon Bitch, a Psycho Bitch, and I guess I would be the Hostile Bitch.” With that the Society of Bitches was born and added to as other women joined their strength and support to the first three, proving the “Strength in Numbers” theory over and over again.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- On the other hand, Naomi Richards, in her article “The Positive Effects of Divorce on Children,” shares a different perception on the impact of divorce on children. When it appears that most researchers see the negatives in terms of how divorce affect children, Richards, on the contrary, argues that divorce benefits the children in various ways. According to her, divorce is the best solution that can happen to a marriage that is plagued by contention and strife. She claims that it is rather dangerous for a child to reside in such an environment because of vulnerability to a violent act.... [tags: Marriage, Divorce, Alimony, Family law]
1025 words (2.9 pages)
- The effects of divorce can be short or long term. Divorce is a stressful process for children at all ages and developmental stages. Although this process is not ideal for any child to experience individuals are able to live healthy lives. This paper will discuss the progression of relationships with the custodial and non-custodial parent, it will also discuss the possible psychological implications that children will face, the economic and educational effects, and the social and spiritual aspects.... [tags: Divorce, Marriage, Family, Child custody]
1686 words (4.8 pages)
- A 7-year-old little girl was watching cartoons in living with her little brother while their parents showered. Her 6-year-old brother walked into the kitchen and shortly after his sister heard him making peculiar sounds. After going to check on him she discovered that he had taken his own life by removing his belt and hanging him from the very same refrigerator they once grabbed snacks from. Rushing from the shower his mother and stepfather arrived to admit C.P.R but it was too late. After further research and investigation into why this child would go as far as to commit suicide, results from the parents, school officials and friends showed one thing that could have pushed him to this extre... [tags: classes, counseling]
1760 words (5 pages)
- The Effects of Divorce on the Family A divorce is defined as “a judicial declaration dissolving a marriage in whole or part, especially on that releases the marriage partners from all matrimonial obligations” as stated by www.dictionary.com/browse/divorce. In current society divorces has been a well-known phenomenon and is quite common t everyone. Couples are getting divorced die to many reasons. Some of them are, but not limited to other love affairs, loss of romantic feelings, infidelity, getting married to young or even conflicts in the home between the two spouses.... [tags: Marriage, Divorce, Alimony, Family law]
1210 words (3.5 pages)
- January 1st I packed myself my 2 year old daughter and most of our belongings into a new home. I never would have guessed that in approximately two and a half years I would have been getting a divorce from the person who I had been so in love with just a few years earlier. Someone who I had built a home with, someone who I had spent the last 7 years of my life with had a child and raised a step child as my own with. It was one of the most difficult times in my life, but I felt a sense of relief, hope, and optimism.... [tags: No-Fault Divorce]
2769 words (7.9 pages)
- Children and How They are Affected by Divorce In years past, the American Dream for most young girls’ is to grow up and be married to Prince Charming and to “Live Happily Ever After!” Although this may be expected - it is rarely fulfilled. Marriage is the legal and binding union between a man and woman. Yet when couples marry, they vow to stay by their partner’s side ‘till death do us part.’ Currently that vow seems to have little or no value in today’s society. The current statistics for survival of marriage are quite grim.... [tags: Cause Effect Divorce Marriage Essays]
1280 words (3.7 pages)
- In today’s society it is common to meet a person who has experienced a parents’ divorce. Due to my own experience of coming from a divorced family, I have also met several children who have the same experience as I do. The increase of divorce is becoming the norm among families. It has become fairly easy to get a divorce in today’s world. Many parents have different views on whether divorce is bad or good. Contrary to the claim of parents views that divorce causes negative effects on children, divorce should be accepted in today’s society in order for the children to grow up in a peaceful environment, bonding with their parents in a neutral ground.... [tags: Marriage, Divorce, Alimony, Annulment]
1537 words (4.4 pages)
- Did you know that people living with their spouse before marriage is more likely to get a divorce. Marriage is the legally or formally recognized union of a man and a woman as partners in a relationship. Some marriages last for a long time and some only last a year. People tend to fall into a marriage too quickly and don’t really get to know the person. 75% of people who marry partners from an affair eventually divorce. Most married couples are happiest in their third year of marriage. Couples who spend more money on their wedding have a higher divorce rates, a study found.... [tags: Marriage, Divorce, Wife, Alimony]
1145 words (3.3 pages)
- Pro Side Summary Divorce is something that many families across the United States encounter that can have many negative effects on everyone in the family, especially the children. The child may have grown up for years with the parents before they decided to separate, leaving the kids both confused and upset by what is happening. It can take a heavy toll on the children, while they may experience things following the divorce such as emotional pain, suffering, insecurity, depression, learning problems, and more (Amato, 2004).... [tags: Marriage, Divorce, Parent, Family]
1918 words (5.5 pages)
- Effects of Divorce on Children Today Divorce and its effects on children are common issues that are on the rise in the world today. Divorce affects more than just the married couple. Children often bear the brunt of divorce, which makes divorce a complicated decision for most parents. Understanding the effects divorce has on a child is important to know exactly why a child acts a certain way. A divorce can affect a child psychologically, intellectually, and even behaviorally. Children can suffer physiologically from things like depression, intellectually by having trouble in school and behaviorally by having trouble in social settings.... [tags: Psychology Sociology Marriage Essays]
799 words (2.3 pages)