Even though, diet pills could be used for anyone who is trying to lose weight, they are bad for you because if diet pills are not used properly, they could be deadly and diet pills are not meant for people who just want to lose weight for fun. Diet pills are supplements that were created to reduce unhealthy and unsafe fat on your body. Most people who are NOT prescribed dietary supplements intend to get addicted. What people do not understand is that if you consume diet pills, you will lose weight for the time being but it’s not long lasting. The only way to get rid of weight for good is the good old fashion way, and that is working out, getting a good exercise and also eating healthier.
Diet pills frequently claim to achieve weight loss by increasing metabolism, altering appetite levels, or interrupting the normal absorption of fat or calories. Dietary supplements often contain large quantities of addictive substances, such as ephedrine, caffeine, or herbal stimulants, which can have severe side effects, especially if people develop a diet pill addiction. An addiction to pills can develop at any time through the lifespan, with all age groups having vulnerabilities to drug abuse. Individuals who consume diet pills may experience increased stamina, euphoric feelings, or temporary weight loss. Most of the causes of a Diet Pills addiction A.K.A the “FIX” for weight loss or for the purpose of altering one’s body. Individuals who use diet pills under a doctor 's prescription may have physical needs that warrant consumption of the drug.
If you think you have an addiction you most especially do if you are approached by a loved one or yourself. Some of the symptoms of diet pill abuse are chest pains, Irregular...
... middle of paper ...
...appetite, or absorption of calories. The main treatment modalities for overweight and obese individuals remain dieting and physical exercise. In the U.S. only one anti-obesity medication (orlistat) is approved by the FDA.Anti-obesity medication or weight loss drugs are all pharmacological agents that reduce or control weight. These drugs alter one of the fundamental processes of the human body, weight regulation, by altering either appetite, or absorption of calories. The main treatment modalities for overweight and obese individuals remain dieting and physical exercise.(health.com)
Moral of the story diet pills , weight loss products, or dietary supplements are bad for you. Some are meant for people who need to gain weight and some are for people who need to shed unhealthy and unsafe fat. What people need to understand is that not all weight loss products are safe.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Dexfenfluramine (REDUX) - The Dark Side of Diet Pills One of the biggest goals Americans today set for themselves is to lose weight. It is a quest which many seek out and never reach. The twentieth century has brought about many changes in the world, but it has also brought about many self image problems. With waif-thin models walking the runway, and anorexic fourteen year olds as our role models it is not a wonder. Many young and older women are feeling threatened to fit this particular image.... [tags: Diet Pills Dexfenfluramine Essays]
1307 words (3.7 pages)
- Dr. Oz made headlines, featuring the ingredients in diet pills and the safety. Ingredients such as plant-based- green tea extract, bitter orange, raspberry ketones. The question seems rather uneasy to answer since diet pills are considered “natural”, which may contain chemicals too. Diet pills have existed for decades meaning, these products on the market have been a success. Kari Skitka, a 24 year old marketing associate in New York City, says she takes raspberry ketone pills to increase her appetite and to help boost her workouts.... [tags: Obesity, Nutrition, Weight loss, Physical exercise]
1173 words (3.4 pages)
- How does losing weight work. It’s when your body burns more calories than its taking in, and using the excess fat to fuel the body (howstuffworks.com). Losing weight should not be something that happens over night, instead it should be a process taken one day at a time. To effectively keep the weight off it takes hard work and dedication, no short cuts. A lot of times people try to take the easy way out by taking supplements or doing meal plans for a few weeks, or months. These options might work temporarily, but your body needs something permanent.... [tags: Obesity, Weight loss, Nutrition, Dieting]
1419 words (4.1 pages)
- Every day people are becoming more and more concerned with their health and their appearance. Thanks to scientific research there are many remedies to improve the human body. As far as weight loss there is exercise, diets, pills, and different surgical procedures. Diet pills have become a very popular supplement to assist in weight loss, but with diet pills come many questions; are they safe, do they really work, and mainly if they are a good product or not. In order to know whether or not something a quality product, is to know how it works.... [tags: Diet Health Weight Loss Drugs Essays Papers]
1195 words (3.4 pages)
- Science and technology have revolutionized the lifestyle of man. The modern man is submerged by a world of hectic life. Everything is done very fast due to time constrain which unconsciously affected our health and fitness. On top of that, excessive workloads have reduced our time for exercises and health maintenance. Besides all these modern life’s things, millions of Americans claim that winter is the most common season for people to gain weight as the cold weather discourages outside exercise (Richards 2008).... [tags: Health, Appetite Control]
1013 words (2.9 pages)
- Raspberry Ketone Diet Pills vs Drops The description given to Raspberry Ketone is one that is known for its sweet ambrosia scent. In fact, there 's plenty of discussions when it comes to Raspberry Ketone and its potential as an effective fat burner or diet pill/supplement. It 's all natural ingredients comprises what is a phenolic compound of red raspberries. The hormone adinopectine goes through a process which regulates glucose numbers and helps the dieter to lose weight. Having high adinopectine levels only means that your percentage of body fat can be lower.... [tags: Obesity, Weight loss, Raspberry, Nutrition]
1287 words (3.7 pages)
- What's Happening Around You Today?. In today's materialistic driven society, people are judged in every possible aspect. From their appearance, background, social status, way or thinking to their friends, families. The need to be accepted and admired by others captivates the minds of many men and women of today. This conquest for social acceptance becomes so real that the idea then becomes an obsession. The way we look plays a big role in our lives. It determines the way others see us and from that, it will then determine how we feel about ourselves.... [tags: essays research papers]
1009 words (2.9 pages)
- Portray the scene as follows; a girl is in the third grade just recently diagnosed with Juvenile Rheumatoid arthritis. Her world is turned upside down with injections twice a week and pills that make her sick to her stomach daily. The pain in her joints is monumental. Prednisone a steroid used to eliminate joint swelling and pain caused her to gain a significant amount of weight in a rapid amount of time. Subsequently the third grade, this girl has struggled with her weight persistently gaining up into her senior year of high school.... [tags: Nutrition, Obesity, Low-carbohydrate diet]
869 words (2.5 pages)
- Below is part of the sample persuasive research essay. Please note: • how the introduction introduces the topic and offers a clear forecast of the essay's thesis (the author's position and stated reasons) • how the conclusion restates the thesis and ends with a call to action • how each character’s speech is fully developed: each speech has the three "E"s of paragraph organization and development: Exposition, Examples, and Explanation. To illustrate these components, in the paragraph below I've placed the exposition (claim and stated reason and background) in blue, the examples in green, the explanation in purple, and the concluding statement in orange.... [tags: Persuasive Research Essays]
963 words (2.8 pages)
- The Use of Diet Pills among Adolescent Girls Dieting is a common occurrence in our country, but dieting is most common among adolescent girls. Since millions of Americans try to lose weight every year, many of them turn to weight-loss pills for help (MFMER 2004). Dieting may place the risk of using unhealthy weight control behaviors such as diet pills (Eisenberg, Neumark-Sztainer, Story, & Perry 2004). A study by the CDC showed that 10.9 percent of adolescent girls use diet pills as their weight-loss strategy (Eisenberg, Neumark-Sztainer, Story, & Perry 2004).... [tags: essays research papers]
1809 words (5.2 pages)