Cell phone is the main cause of distraction in class. During a lesson, students who use cell phone in class will get distracted and also they waste their time instead of understanding the lesson. Consequently, they will receive a low grade and get failure. Not only students who use their cell phones will get distracted, but also rest students in class will be influenced by students who use cell phones in class. Some students annoy other students by texting or sending message to them, so they cannot concentrate on teacher 's lecture and get a low grade as well. Another factor can cause distraction in class is ringtone. When cell phone rings during a lesson, it usually interrupts teacher 's ideas and makes him upset, and also waste part of class time. Using cell phone in class is not an appropriate concept and also it decreases the learning capacity for students. Using cell phone in school is the main cause for student 's failure and also certain students will be invaded their privacy by other students. Students between the ages of 13-17 do not recognize to use cell phone with appropriate approach, so parents should prevent their children from using cell phone inside their school. When students use cell phone inside a class, it influences on them adversely because inside a class, they spend all their time in texting message to each other or watching videos instead of concentrating on teacher 's lecture. In addition to that, they record videos and take photos for both teachers and students for negative purposes. Although cell phone is a useful device, a large number of students use it to harm other students and to be enjoyable instead of focusing on their studying. Though cell phone is a useful device, a huge numb...
... middle of paper ...
...oes this not seem like an obsession? People cannot put their phones down. I have seen people who have to be without their phone for any amount of time and it seems like their entire world is going to crumble. People seem to be getting the validation from social media that once reserved for their family members and friends. You can watch the enjoyment that people get when they get a like on their social media of choice. Opposition to this topic feels the opposite, that social media does not make people less social and in fact gives people more ways to connect with people and especially those that are far away from them. Social media is causing students to be distracted from doing their school work. In most classes where students have access to computers, they are accessing social media sites instead of having their full-undivided attention focused on their instructor.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Cell phones are quickly becoming a child and teenager’s new best friend. In fact, they even seem to be replacing human contact, and are now how both children and teenagers communicate with each other. Cell phone sales have sky rocketed at an alarming rate, and many of the consumers are under the age of 18, meaning they are still in elementary and high school. Society has influenced students to feel that they need to own a cell phone to be “cool”, thus making the issue of cell phones in the classroom society context vs.... [tags: Cell Phones]
1416 words (4 pages)
- Are cell phones a harmful distraction to society. With advances in technology today, the demand for better cell phones is skyrocketing. With new technological advancements happening everyday with cell phones, people are starting to depend on a cell phone for everyday task. Although cell phones allow the user to contact friends or family with the touch of a button and allows them to play games in times of boredom. As a result of everyday use, cell phones have affected relationships, the brain, and health.... [tags: effects, social relationships]
1446 words (4.1 pages)
- The aim of this paper is to observe the harmful effects of cell phones by closely evaluating the many negative consequences of their use in schools. It will study some of the most widely concerned topics of cellphone use in school including cheating, cyberbullying, and sexting. Cell phones first appeared in the 1980’s, and were marketed toward the upper-class. At first consumer demands of cell phones were slow to catch on, but gradually grew in popularity. Since their introduction, almost every aspect of the cell phone has been continually improved and advanced, predictably in part due to Moore’s law which states, “The number of transistors used in an integrated circuit doubles every year”... [tags: harmful effects, internet, fallacy]
1122 words (3.2 pages)
- To start my speech I have a few questions for the class, “How many of you have cell phones?” “How many would say they couldn’t go a full day without having their cell phone?” According to a NY Daily News article by Meena Duerson, “84 percent of people surveyed in a new TIME Mobility Poll said they couldn’t go a single day without their mobile device in hand.” The importance behind this speech is to inform you guys of the negative effects cell phones has on our society. Cell phones have become an addiction to many people, it has taken away interpersonal conversations, and it has a negative impact on students in class.... [tags: Mobile phone, Text messaging, SMS]
1032 words (2.9 pages)
- The way we communicate with each other has changed significantly over the past fifty years. We went from face to face interaction to handwritten letters, phone calls, emails, and now in the twenty first century, texting and tweeting via cell phones. Although, cell phones have become a common household product, I would rather not have one because of its physical damages, to your health, high costs and its negative effect on the family and interpersonal relationships. Having a cell phone can have a negative impact on one’s physical health.... [tags: Mobile phone, Mobile phone radiation and health]
1100 words (3.1 pages)
- Speculating About Causes Essay Many teenagers could not imagine their lives without their cell phones. There are positive and negative effects from cell phones. For many, it can make one feel safer when alone. It is also a great way to communicate, whenever need may be. However, an addiction to cell phones can be very unhealthy. This can cause a tremendous amount of problems, especially for teens. The dependence teens have on cell phones can have many negative effects.... [tags: Mobile phone, Rotary dial, Telephone]
764 words (2.2 pages)
- Raise your hand if you fall into the category of 44% of Americans who sleep next to their phones at every night. It’s true, so many of us are dependent on our mobile devices, that psychologists are now calling it the “Invisible Addiction.” From the time of its creation, the cell phone has been dissected and scrutinized in every way. It has been tested in durability, size usefulness and even its effect on the users health. With the latest technological advances that conversation has since shifted.... [tags: Mobile phone, Personal digital assistant]
1158 words (3.3 pages)
- Cell phones when used responsibly aren’t always the cause of lower grades in students of any grade. Let’s be realistic, the world as a whole is in an era of advanced technology and making students stick to book work simply isn’t engaging anymore. Most kids these days have a phone which can be used in multiple ways for their benefit. In reality not all students use their cell phones in a responsible way like education. On the other hand there are still those students who use their cellphones to genuinely help them.... [tags: Mobile phone, Cellular network]
937 words (2.7 pages)
- The Disadvantages of Cell Phones on Teenagers I remember a classmate when I was in high school because he never talked to anybody. He spent most of his time on his cell phone or using his tablet, and he did not do well in school. He was different than my other classmates and I believe that he never felt comfortable in the classroom. Everybody knows that cell phones have changed peoples’ life dramatically. Cell phones are one of the most revolutionary advances in the last decades because they make things simpler and easier but cell phones have a strong impact on teenagers.... [tags: High school, Mobile phone]
1062 words (3 pages)
- The progression of cell phones has developed at a tremendous speed. On the account of new technology providing expediency, it is also harming people in the course of action. To exemplify, the development of cell phones has had pessimistic effects on people; especially teens. Cell phones have become an obligation to everyday life for not only the youth but for adults as well; however, adults tend to use their cell phones in a more industrious way than the youth. For instance, the youth have turned the cell phone into more of a social device more than an industrial implement.... [tags: Mobile phone, Text messaging, Communication, SMS]
1045 words (3 pages)