A cell phone, also referred to as a cellular phone, transmits electromagnetic radiation into the air. This occurs, when your cell phone has to connect to a phone, you want to have a conversation with, by checking for networks
Electromagnetic radiation, which is often abbreviated as EMR, is a form of energy which when travels through space, displays a wave like behaviour. Electromagnetic radiation has electric and also magnetic field components. Electric fields are generated by electrically charged particles. Magnetic field is an area of this force which is produced by moving electric chargers.
There are two types of electromagnetic radiation, ionizing radiation and non- ionizing radiation. Ionizing radiation is a type of radiation, which has enough electromagnetic energy to knock- out electrons from the atoms in the tissue and change the arrangement of the molecular structure. The two types of ionising radiation is gamma rays, which is smaller than the nucleus of an atom and x-rays, which are a bit bigger than gamma rays. Two types of frequencies that are considered non-ionising are radio frequency energy and microwave radiation.
Then, there is the electromagnetic spectrum which is the different frequencies of the electromagnetic radiation, which ranges from extremely low frequency radiation to gamma rays. Frequencies are the number of times a wave moves upwards and downwards per second. Down below is an electromagnetic spectrum, which explains the different types of radiation.
Information on FOR the dangers of using cell phones
How stuff works? - (http://electronics.howstuffworks.com/cell-phone-radiation1.htm)
The safe forms of energy shown in the electromagnetic radiation are extremely low frequency, very low fre...
... middle of paper ...
...ewpoints are also further explained by describing the images. The report contains information on electromagnetic radiation spectrum, and that waves get transmitted in any direction, effects of electromagnetic radiation absorption, why particular frequencies, wavelengths, and power outputs are used, etc. The report contains most of the information from Achievement criteria and a few from Merit criteria.
My view is to be against the danger of using cell phones because cell phones do give off heat, which increases body temperature. Heat which comes from the screen of cell phones can cause blindness and can strain the eyes due to the fact that eyes do not have the function of disposing excess heat. Cell phone radiation heats the body, so, this can cause some kind of effect such as dehydration because heating causes sweating and excess water loss does cause dehydration.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- A cell phone is a portable telephone which uses cellular network to receive and make calls and send and receive text messages. Cell phones emit signals via radio waves which are comprised of radio frequency energy; it is a form of electromagnetic radiation. Electromagnetic radiation is energy letting out waves like behaviour as it is travelling through space. Examples of electromagnetic radiation are microwaves, x-rays and visible light. The electromagnetic spectrum consists most of the colours we world normally see in a rainbow colours like red, orange, green, yellow, blue, indigo and violet.... [tags: cell phones, effects]
560 words (1.6 pages)
- Over just the past decade, mobile phones have developed and advanced very quickly. Not only have they increased in technology, but also the number of people who use them has skyrocketed and the importance of mobile phones has become greater than ever all around the world. However, a growing concern for their possible adverse effects on human health has risen up, which has caused a mass of scientific activity to figure out this dilemma (Erogul et al., 2006, p. 840). A possible health effect of electromagnetic radiation from mobile phones is male infertility.... [tags: adverse effect, testosterone, infertility]
1044 words (3 pages)
- A cell phone is a device that enables us to communicate with our friends and families. It enables us to receive radio links that is moving around a wide environment area. Nowadays there are millions of users all over the world who uses the phone. The first to invent phone was Martin Cooper in 1970’s. Nowadays phones are so advanced that it is used in many different ways. People use for downloading apps, playing games, texting people, calling friends etc. When we talk over the phone many types of radiation are given out like microwave radio waves etc.... [tags: heat, gamma rays, cancer]
1855 words (5.3 pages)
- Technology changes everything in this world. Our life has become more convenient and more efficiency which benefits by these new technology. But during this time, some people have considered about some risks of these technologies. EMF radiation is one of them. People have argued for a long time that whether EMF radiation really poses health hazard or not. I insist that EMF radiation is harmful for people’s health and particularly to young children. This opinion can be well proved by all the information I have searched and more people should know about this.... [tags: Technology, Electromagnetic Fields]
1257 words (3.6 pages)
- Mobile phones (as well as wireless home phones) send and receive voice and text messages via radio waves. These waves – a form of electromagnetic radiation – connect your phone to a wireless network of fixed antennas called base stations. If you move out of range from one base station, the network will automatically connect you to a nearer one with a stronger signal. The radiation given out by mobile phones is in the microwave range. It is very low level, but some experts believe long-term exposure could be damaging.... [tags: advantages, radiation]
1261 words (3.6 pages)
- Cell phones are one of the greatest inventions in the world. We can imagine how life would be without cell phones. Cell phones are very handy; it can make our communication easier. Also cell phones can provide us with everything, like relaxing with music, browsing the internet, chatting on social networking sites or playing games. Unfortunately cell phones are not risk free. Using cell phones involve emission of EMR electromagnetic radiation, which is a dangerous sort of energy wave, is produce by modern appliances that surround us in everyday lives.... [tags: communication, radiation, energy]
1191 words (3.4 pages)
- ... Your sclera is the white of your eye and acts as the eye’s protective outer coat (Sclera). This means that the eyes of the newly born mice are becoming softer and less protective. This can be dangerous because the eye needs to be protected because it has many important fibers inside and seeing is an important part of life. Not only does the use of cell phones affect protein structures, but there is a possibility that they can also cause salivary gland tumors, impact male fertility, and cause leukemia (Gandhi 40-41).... [tags: dangerous radiations, harmful effects]
963 words (2.8 pages)
- A wireless phone is a two way radio, it has a transmitter and a receiver. When a person makes a call then the voice sound is converted to the nearest base station. cell phones have a type of wave called radio waves which carries the information and travels through the air at the speed of light. The waves can be absorbed or reflected by the surrounding objects before it is reached to their nearest base station. The cell phone uses in the past ten years has increased at a really high rate. At the time of 1988 there were approximately 500.000 cell phones established in the USA.... [tags: radiation, damaged DNA]
1925 words (5.5 pages)
- Have Mobile Phones improved communication Thesis Statement Mobile Phones have improved communication all-over the world and it has also done more good even though it poses a threat to the users. I believe mobile phones have improved communication and has also done more good than bad. Introduction Cell phones have immensely changed the way people communicate today. A cell phone can be all a person need for interaction. From a cell phone, a person can make calls, send text messages, emails, and send and also receive directions, buy things online, do online banking, listen to music and much more.... [tags: radiation, education, accidents]
1720 words (4.9 pages)
- Effects of Microwave Radiation On The Human Body I am going to research the effects of microwave radiation on the human body mainly from mobile phones. I am going to collect a wide range of information from a number of reliable and different sources. To research the effects of microwave radiation on the human body I am going to look at five different sources. Firstly I am going to look at the Internet to find two sources of information one from a scientific organisation and one from a mobile phone manufacturer.... [tags: Papers]
1569 words (4.5 pages)
- Lower the Cost of Health Foods because Obesity Rates are Rising
- Understanding the Importance of Policy, Procedures and Protocols
- Why Do Nations Fail? by Daron Acemoglu and James A. Robinson
- The Field of Social Work and Evidence-Based-Practice
- Cell Phones and Ionizing Radiation
- Users of Financial Instruments and Information