Air is vital to the human body, it provides us with oxygen, which is necessary for our bodies to function, but the question that rises is what if this air is contaminated. Subsequently, breathing may become difficult which in turn can lead to many health problems. Clearly, air pollution is a significant subject of matter that has been around for hundreds of years. There are numerous explanations to why air pollution occurs, but it is mainly a consequence of unnatural substances. In addition, these artificial matters are entering the atmosphere. Mostly, air pollution occurs from gases and particles carried by the air, such as dust and pollen and if there is too much of it can be damaging to the health, ecosystems and buildings (Brunekreef & Holgate, 2002). Clearly, these substances released by air pollution are mainly due to human actions that in the end create problems for animals, plants, and humans themselves.
The phenomenon of air pollution occurs through natural and manufactured ways, which enters the human body and triggers severe consequences on the health. Countless types of pollution comprise of acid rain and the ozone layer having holes in it (Welch, 2013). Burning fuel for energy is one of the leading causes for air pollution. For instance, this burning fuel is exhausted from means of transportation, homes and industries. Even having a barbeque can cause air pollution because of the wood burning (Welch, 2013). This is surprising since when one is driving their car or having a barbeque, the individual is unaware that they are causing air pollution, which ironically having an effect on themselves as well. Likewise, the air pollution could also b...
... middle of paper ...
...ecause it cuts the pollution instigated by waste. Evidently, this is imperative because by recycling you are reducing the amount of energy that is going to be consumed since making an item out of raw material require lots of energy (EPA, 2011). Clearly, recycling diminishes the necessity to create raw supplies.
It is apparent that air pollution is harmful to the health. What is astonishing is that individuals themselves are causing this upon them, if more people become aware of the effects air pollution causes there would be less respiratory and cardiovascular problems. It may cause a slight troublesomeness for some individuals but eventually, if everybody comes together to solve the problem, there could be a definite decline in air pollution. Everyone can make a substantial modification to preserve the environment and protect human health.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- I. Introduction A. Attention getter: Fumes. Gases. Toxins. We cannot survive without air; even though, we must inhale any air that is available in the atmosphere. According to the Environmental Protection Agency “a new gas powered lawn mower produces…air pollution in one hour of operation as 11 new cars each being driven for one hour” (Springfels). If the society keeps producing technology, then the environment will be destroyed. B. Relevance: Air pollution is something that everyone should be concern, especially if we’re advancing a lot in technology, especially in vehicles and the importance of our air or the environment.... [tags: Air pollution]
1031 words (2.9 pages)
- More than three million children under the age of five have passed away because of pollution and other environmental factors (Rinkesh). Pollution is the leading cause of death among developing countries (Petru, Alexis). Air pollution analyst and environmental chemist are two careers that focus on improving our environment to make it safer to live in. Air pollution analyst sample and analyze data collected from polluted air. Once they discover or have a theory on what is causing the pollution, the air pollution analyst works with other scientist to create future techniques for reducing air pollution.... [tags: Air pollution, Smog, Pollution, Oxygen]
899 words (2.6 pages)
- Air Pollution Two years ago, while I was preparing my final exam, my cousin’s grandfather who lived in Beijing passed away due to lung cancer. He was really a good guy: didn’t smoke, had no liking for drinking, interested in outside activities like fishing, but still was killed by cancer. Most people who died from lung cancer were because of their unhealthy habits, but why more and more people now are like his grandfather suffering from diseases like lung cancer and enduring the pain. A human made widespread environment problem -- air pollution, which never ends and continues becoming more and more serious, is the place we should focus on.... [tags: Air pollution, Smog, Sulfur dioxide, Coal]
1226 words (3.5 pages)
- The air pollution in Russia is varied due to the size of the country. Because it is so large, Russia, has decent air quality in most parts while some other cities suffer a lot more from air pollution. The total air emissions last year were at 19.6 million tons, which is a slight increase from 2011’s at 19.2 million tons. About 200 cities exceed Russia’s pollution levels annually. Cities such as Moscow, Norilsk, St.Petersburg, Dzerzhinsk, and Rudnaya Pristan are some of the most polluted cities in Russia, causing most of the air pollution in the country.... [tags: Pollution, Environmentalism, Air pollution]
1206 words (3.4 pages)
- What is air pollution. In recent years the demand for electricity such as thermal power, iron and steel etc has increased rapidly, but with this demand also comes the problem of air pollution. Air pollution is the presence of a chemical or a substance which is harmful or has a poisonous effect introduced into the air. Whereas, Toxic air pollutants, also known as hazardous air pollutants, are pollutants that cause cancer and other serious health effects such as asthma, damage to the immune system, and environmental effects.... [tags: Air pollution]
842 words (2.4 pages)
- Air Pollution Two years ago, when I was preparing my final exam, my cousin’s grandfather who lived in Beijing passed away due to lung cancer. He was real a gentleman who loved outside activities like fishing. but malicious cancer still killed him. Most people who died from lung cancer because of their unhealthy habits; however, nowadays more and more people fall into the same situation as his grandfather did. This is probably because of the widespread of environmental problems, especially air pollution.... [tags: Air pollution, Smog, Particulate, Pollution]
1387 words (4 pages)
- WRITTEN ASSIGNMENT UNIT 6 UNIVERSITY OF THE PEOPLE WRITTEN ASSIGNMENT UNIT 6 Introduction Air pollution come about when gaseous particles, particulate matter, smoke or odor are introduced into the earth’s atmosphere in ways that make these particles harmful to living things. This harmful condition occurs because the air becomes unclean (Doršner, 2016). Some of the main air pollutants in Ghana include Dust (particulate matter), nitrogen dioxide, and Sulphur dioxide. The causes of air pollution include burning fossil fuels, agricultural practices that pollute the environment with pesticides, fertilizers and insectidies, mining operations, and exhaust from factories and industries (Dorsne... [tags: Air pollution, Particulate, Smog, Dust]
1657 words (4.7 pages)
- The University of Iowa prides itself on being a community with the best interest of the students at heart. With that being said, air pollution is a problem that has been overlooked and ignored within the community due to its inability to directly be seen by individuals. It is impossible to look overhead and notice the carbon dioxide emissions being forced into the air by every student here on campus. Air pollution is an indirect impact from human actions such as driving, construction, and smoking.... [tags: Global warming, Air pollution, Carbon dioxide]
1929 words (5.5 pages)
- The effects of air pollution are not only hurting us, but the environment as well. We can reduce air pollution through cars by using more eco-friendly fuel types, changing the way we manufacture cars, and finding more eco-friendly forms of transportation to use that will benefit the environment and your health. The invention of the automobile has been a revolutionary and astonishing improvement to transportation. Since the invention in 1885,humans have used the automobile as the number one form of transportation.... [tags: air pollution, fuel, automobile]
559 words (1.6 pages)
- ... Furthermore, soil and water are to some extent interchangeable with each other. They are both fundamental to the environment. Due to the fact that acid rain is acidic when it descends into a large body of water it then makes it acidic as well. The normal pH of lakes and streams for instance, is between six and eight and when acid rain merges with water it begins to lower its pH level (What Is Acid Rain). To retrieve its normal pH level is quite burdensome, but it can be obtained. The method of recouping its pH level is by a process of “buffering capacity” which requires soil to neutralize its pH levels (What Is Acid Rain).... [tags: air quality, pollution ]
1755 words (5 pages)