In this day and age, Interpreters play an important role in cross cultural business environment. They enable the cross cultural communication which is essential for International business. So Twelve Trees should be very careful while selecting the Interpreter because any miscommunication will negatively affect the business. The perceived role of interpreter is different in different cultures. In China, they prefer an interpreter who is a part of the team rather an a stranger. While using an interpreter, the visual and written communication also should be changed to meet the style of the host country. Before selecting the interpreter, the following factors to be considered
• Verify the interpreter’s proficiency in English and Mandarin
• Verify his qualifications and educational background
• Evaluate the effectiveness of his communication style
• Interpreter must be able to explain the non-verbal clues and other gestures
• If possible, use the same person in different assignments to establish a familiar working environment
Prior to the communication process, the following factors should be considered
• The content of the communication must be given to interpreter in advance and allow him enough time to prepare
• Your confidentiality policy must be communicated to the interpreter
• Urge the interpreter to make notes of the client responses
• Effectively communicate the goals and procedures of the meeting to the Interpreter and create a good rapport with him
• The content should be organised properly to avoid ambiguity
During the communication process, the following points should be considered
• Pause frequently during the communication process to allow enough t...
... middle of paper ...
...na depends mainly on the amount of trust between the partners. Chinese people usually don’t consider western people as trustworthy. So it is important to create trust in the relationship
• It is always important to have a strong legal foundation to the business relationships in China because the Chinese companies usually have a tendency to engage in illegal activities which is harmful to the long term relationship and any illegal conduct from the Chinese supplier will also affect the reputation of twelve trees.
• Try to learn the Chinese language and avoid the use of interpreter because it will help to create a personal relationship with Chinese executives.
• Try to create a good relationship Chinese government because the government play a major role in all business process that happen in China.
• Regularly supervise the activities of the supplier to ensure quality.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Reflections on the Progressive Development of Communication Skills The effectiveness of one’s communication can significantly impact one’s ability to initiate, develop, and maintain personal, therapeutic, and interprofessional relationships. According to Casey and Wallis, “Without it, people cannot relate to those around them, make their needs and concerns known or make sense of what is happening to them,” (2011, p.35). In turn, having competent communicative abilities contributes to progression and maturation in many aspects of life, with education and employment being majorly affected facets.... [tags: Communication, Better, Nonverbal communication]
980 words (2.8 pages)
- Introduction Leadership is an important aspect for every individual as it improves confidence, gives a better identity and enables better management of people. This paper deals with analysis of my leadership style and its effectiveness with relevant categories. This self - analysis paper will certainly help to plan things in a better way and also to identify weakness and convert them into strengths to utilize leadership in the best manner. The paper will also comprise of varied examples from my personal experiences to justify the points.... [tags: Management, Hierarchy, Evaluation, Decision making]
1154 words (3.3 pages)
- Listening is a vital element of communication and it is very much different from hearing sense of human. A meaningful communication requires both a good listener and a speaker. However, the effect of a listening style may vary depending on the occasions and situations a listener is in. Sometimes, speaker exhibit ineffective style such as defensiveness, ambushing, pseudo-listening, stage hogging and selective listening in their communication tracks. I am a good listener because I pay my whole attention to the speaker commentswho comes to me so they can be heard.... [tags: Communication]
1138 words (3.3 pages)
- Demonstrating and Developing Communication Skills Now you are no longer strangers to God and foreigners to heaven, but you are members of God’s very own family, citizens of God’s country, and you belong in God’s household with every other Christian. Ephesians 2:19 (TLB) Glory to God, it is through written confirmation Apostle Paul affirms reconciliation of Jews and Gentiles to God and one another, by God’s grace (Ephesians 2). In Ephesians “Paul reminds his Gentile readers that before their conversation they were dead, depraved, diabolical, and disobedient.... [tags: Communication, Message, Graphic communication]
2243 words (6.4 pages)
- Assignment 1 Gender communication focused on the method of expressing a thought or idea through the use of a gender in the relationship and the role of people. Some will argue that gender communication is qualified as a form of intercultural communication on the development of effective communication skills when we interact with an opposite sex. The communication between men and women have a huge difference because people from different culture speak different dialects. In the current society, it is common for us to hear phrases such as “ you men (women) are from a different planet,”these phrases are developed due to the miscommunication between men and women over the course of evolution... [tags: Male, Female, Sex, Communication]
832 words (2.4 pages)
- Developmental Views of Parenting Style and Effectiveness Parenting effectiveness and influence have been studied by developmental psychologists who have been interested in the role of parenting and how it may affect the success or failure of children. An important aspect to this area of research is parenting styles. There have been four styles noted and each may have differing outcomes for the children in later life: authoritarian, authoritative, permissive, and unengaged/uninvolved.... [tags: Papers Parents Parenting Raising Kids Essays]
1682 words (4.8 pages)
- Team Communication Virtual teams are a great way to facilitate teamwork in situations where people are not able to be sitting in the same physical office together. Virtual teams are the same as regular brick and mortar teams with one exception, the way in which the team members communicate. Instead of the usual face-to-face exchange, the virtual teams rely on email, faxes, phone calls, and teleconferences to communicate with their team members. Creating a plan to ensure that the team’s performance meets the intended goal is important to the team’s success.... [tags: Management, Communication, Virtual management]
797 words (2.3 pages)
- ... 2012) positions were to be closed before 2009. The leader’s response to a problematic situation was true, well reasoned while his business logic was specific, consistent and accurate. Justifying the message with knowledge and business logic is what saved the day for France Telecom. Moreover, communication is used by firms for other various purposes. Nowadays, companies that have targeted the school gate because of higher perspectives of sales revenue. Students should by all means learn, they say, but why don't they read about our company, write about our brand, research their own brand preferences or come up with a drawing for our next ad campaign (Klein, 2000).... [tags: effectiveness of leadership approaches]
1413 words (4 pages)
- I chose the topic of self-concept through interpersonal communication because I had an interest in it. This interest is because I didn’t understand that one’s self-concept affected the way one is perceived by others. I learned self-concept through class discussions, but I wanted a better understanding of how communication affects one’s self-concept and how it affects one’s perception One's self-concept affects one's perception, attitude and behavior, which can be demonstrated during the process of interpersonal communication.... [tags: Self-Concept and Communication]
1272 words (3.6 pages)
- Team Communication Abstract Having a team is harder than working alone. Every member of their own way on how they understand when people are communicating and how they communicate with others. Observing different types of teams, whether its football or in a business atmosphere, they all have the same sort of habits that make them successful. Small things such as, leadership, trust, and how you communicate are key components of many team successes. Team Communication: Keys to a Successful Team In Influence of Covey Habit Training on Teams, it states, “Learning and applying approaches that improve individual and interpersonal approaches that improve individual and interpersonal skills shou... [tags: Communication Team Organization]
1200 words (3.4 pages)