Through out of history we always had a need for energy up to now we use non renewable such as fossil fuels
however these will soon ran out and we have to look for different sources of energy. Energy was and remains main component of human life. People have gone from first fire to nuclear power plants and still scientists look for new types of renewable energy. In today's world , with increasing rates of consumption and as a consequence - the limited energy resources, the rapid development of technology is gaining momentum production of energy from alternative renewable sources. There is «traditional» types of alternative energy: sunlight and wind, tide and geothermal heat, waves. Based on this natural sources of energy has been created electrical power stations such as wind farms, solar fields, hydro power stations, thermal power stations.
For a long time, seeing what kind of destruction can bring storms and hurricanes, people thought about whether you can use wind power.
Wind energy is very high. This energy can be produced without polluting the environment. But the wind has two major drawbacks: its energy is strongly scattered in space and it is unpredictable - often changes direction suddenly calms down, even in the windiest areas of the globe, and sometimes reaches such force that break windmills.
To offset the variability of wind, constructing huge "wind farm.” Wind turbines should not be placed too close, so they do not obstruct each other. Therefore, the farm occupies a lot of space. Such farms are in the U.S., France, England.
Principle of operation of wind turbines is very simple: the blades that rotate due to the force of the wind, through the shaft trans...
... middle of paper ...
...ls drop, formed during high tide and low tide. For this separate pool coastal low dam, which holds the tidal water at low tide. The water is then released, and it turns the water turbine. Tidal power can be a valuable energy help local character, but in the world are not so many suitable places for their construction so that they can change the overall energy situation.
So , the argument that the more dangerous , and that it is cheaper in electricity production has not yet been completed. And hardly bude finalised soon. Mankind is constantly improving methods of preparation so it needs energy , including electricity .
A major drawback to them today - is the high cost, a large amount of material needs and in a very vast area, which is also not to be found anywhere. But, unfortunately, replace traditional electricity generation in the right amount, they can not yet.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- How alternative sources of energy can be harnessed effectively In this age of power lack, substitute sources, which are required to fix the problem of both a lack of sources and polluting the environment, have been paid more and more attention than ever before. There are many kinds of substitute sources of power that are modifying our life progressively, such as solar panel technology, breeze power, atomic power, tidal power, wave power etc. To be able to use these substitute sources successfully, it is necessary to come up with some legitimate alternatives.... [tags: environment, innovations, solar panel]
916 words (2.6 pages)
- In today’s rapidly developing world, vast amounts of energy resources are being utilized at an alarming rate, one which can certainly result in the extinction of our valuable natural resources. Moreover, majority of the energy resources utilized today are non-renewable natural resources like the petroleum products which account for nearly eighty percent of all the energy resources used. Thus, exploring alternative forms of energy so as to decrease our dependency on non-renewable forms of energy and consequently save the environment, has become more important than ever before.... [tags: Alternative Energy, ]
654 words (1.9 pages)
- Imagine a world where nobody can use their iPhone, their computer, or even turn on the lights. That is the kind of world the future may be like if there is not an overhaul of how electricity is obtained. Ever since the Industrial Revolution, people have utilized fossil fuels to power their homes, cars, and businesses. Unfortunately, our stores of fossil fuels are running low, and they have been demonstrated to increase the temperature in the atmosphere and accelerate global warming. As gas prices steadily rise, people need a newer, cleaner source of energy.... [tags: fossil fuel, renewable sources, oil]
1663 words (4.8 pages)
- According to EIA, “Renewable energy accounted for approximately ten percent of total U.S. consumption and thirteen percent of electricity generation in the year 2014.” These alternative energy sources include factors such as wind power, solar power, hydro power, geothermal power, and biomass. These alternative resources provide the Earth with power that is unlimited to the people, and after maintenance as well as building, is basically free. These alternative sources are cleaner for the earth, more cost effective for our economies, and they are not able to be depleted for they are non-renewable sources.... [tags: Wind power, Alternative energy, Fossil fuel]
1573 words (4.5 pages)
- Alternative energy sources are renewable, and is most commonly referred to as free energy sources. There are many alternative energy sources such as hydro power, solar power, wind, biomass, and geothermal. Using alternative sources is more expensive in the long run, but it is the much safer option for our environment compared to fossil fuels. Although everything used is completely free, such as water and wind, the equipment used to generate these things are expensive. There are several pros and cons that come with the utilization of alternative energy sources.... [tags: Fossil fuel, Energy development, Wind power]
1058 words (3 pages)
- There are many types of Alternative Energy Sources. The different energy sources are hydro and solar power, wind, biomass and geothermal energy. Throughout the world people don’t recognize that we use every these energy sources day for our own personal use. The energy sources are not only free but they are also renewable. It is a little more costly to use these energy sources, but going green is what’s best for our environment. Using these alternative sources will create fresher air, eliminate over half of the pollution caused by fossil fuels, and protect our earth a lot longer.... [tags: Fossil fuel, Wind power, Solar energy]
1063 words (3 pages)
- ... At 100 feet (30 meters) or more aboveground, they can take advantage of the faster and less turbulent wind. Turbines catch the wind's energy with their propeller-like blades. Usually, two or three blades are mounted on a shaft to form a rotor. (renewableenergy.com) Wind power has become affordable enough to compete with fossil fuels. Around the world utility services are offering wind-generated electricity at a premium of 2 to 3 cents per kWh. A household that uses wind power for a quarter of its electrical needs, the cost would only be $4 or $5 dollars per month for it and the price is still dropping.... [tags: wind turbines, sources of energy]
630 words (1.8 pages)
- noisy, users too much land is hazardous to birds. Wind power compared to solar energy and other alternative sources still has problems, can be arguing about. Until there are more alternative sources out there and more research on cost for alternative energy sources the use of fossil fuel won’t stop. According to Rinkesh, a clean and green activist, the use of renewable energy sources would reduce the use of fossil fuel, yet it remains to be seen that the use of fossil fuel will continue until it’s realized that things need to change.... [tags: Wind power, Alternative energy, Fossil fuel]
1609 words (4.6 pages)
- A flick of a light switch and the spark of an engine are everyday activities that we take for granted. What if the world ran out of the resources used to make these activities possible. What if heating your house was not a simple task that could be done by pressing a button. This could be the case if we continue to use nonrenewable energy resources. The article, Energy Resources states that the use of these resources "is increasing at an unprecedented rate due to the rapid industrialization of a number of formerly third world countries." At this rate, the oil sand and oil shales will undoubtedly be cleared out in the future, along with the coal mines.... [tags: Alternative Energy Sources]
1744 words (5 pages)
- After experiencing the replacement of manual and animal labour by steam engines in the Industrial Revolution, cheap fossil fuels then became the main source of energy. However, faced with the notable increase demand for energy, fossil fuel, as a non-renewable resource becomes scarcer and more expensive nowadays. To solve this problem, the world needs to replace fossil fuels with other sources of energy which are relatively low-cost and more secure. Renewable energy is such a potential energy. This essay will give an outline of three sources of renewable energy to be used in developing nations, which are solar energy, wind power and biomass.... [tags: Alternative Energy]
1800 words (5.1 pages)