Cooperative problem-solving style enables people to work together so no one loses but everyone is the winner. People who use this style try to find a solution that is acceptable to everyone and helps to meet their interests and to maintain a good relationship.
When managing conflict, I try to feel and meet the needs of all the people involved in the conflict. My assertive nature is very much in collaboration with my conflict style but unlike the competitor, I try to cooperate effectively with everyone involved and acknowledge that everyone’s position is important and significant. I give importance in dealing with conflict by gaining self-awareness of my personal style with an understanding of my strengths and weaknesses. It is sometimes difficult to bring together a variety of viewpoints to get the best solution out of it or when there have been previous conflicts within the group.
Collaborative style is effective in satisfying both the sides in resolving conflict. This strategy works well in achieving “win/win" solution. It takes time and effort. It requires commitment to relationships
... middle of paper ...
...se their rank or position, and try to force their opinions and feelings.
In my opinion, conflicts can lead to one’s personal and social growth in society. In many cases, effective conflict resolution skills can make the difference between a positive or negative outcome. By resolving conflict successfully, one can solve many issues that come to the surface and gain the benefit of understanding each other better. The main point is to discuss the issues which would help to resolve the conflict by raising awareness among the people involved in the conflict of the situation and giving them the insight of the given situation to achieve their goals without undermining the goals of other people involved. When conflict is resolved effectively, everyone can develop stronger mutual respect and trust in each other’s abilities to work together in a given situation.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- When we are trying to attain world peace, we must first start with peace between individuals as these relationships are the building blocks of society and nations. Peace can be achieved by non-violent means or by the use of lethal force. This essay will explore notions of peace and conflict, advocating the use of non-violent means for resolving conflict. The environmental and social cost of lethal force is very high and unsustainable. Never the less, there are situations when justice requires the use of lethal force and examples of these will be discussed.... [tags: Conflict Resolution ]
2126 words (6.1 pages)
- Many companied using Alternative Dispute Resolution systems do so without developing a systematic approach to the creation of ADR initiatives. Companies fail to recognize that ADR programs involve changing the entire culture of the corporation. This Conflict Management System Design course has given our class the understanding of organization conflict prevention and resolution system through a fictitious technology called Pacifine. The exercise we completed in class has given us case studies and practical application of featured conflict management systems.... [tags: dispute resolution systems]
610 words (1.7 pages)
- An effective crisis management response plan outlines specific procedures for administrator, teachers, and students during evacuation emergencies. Administrators work with teachers, students, parents, law enforcement officers, business and community members, to develop an effective emergency and crises plan. The administrator provides leadership in developing and monitoring the school safety plan and also establishes procedures for emergency evacuation and crisis management at different stages of the plan.... [tags: Crisis Management ]
1424 words (4.1 pages)
- What can be done to manage and/or apply preventative measures to prevent stress in the workplace. The potential ramifications for the employer can be costly when employees succumb to internal and external stressors. To effectively combat job stress and develop a comprehensive stress management program, organizations must be cognizant of several areas that may be contributing factors to an employee’s stress level. Internally, organizations should review the employee’s workload and ensure that they have the necessary skills to complete the tasks they are expected to complete (Ornelas & Kleiner, 2003).... [tags: Employee Stress Management]
2748 words (7.9 pages)
- Dementia care offers support and services to an individual affected by the disease itself, which is dementia. It addresses the right and needs of the person with dementia and their families. Improving quality of life and changing attitudes towards dementia is the main goal of dementia care. Dementia care also provides quality of care, maintain dignity and promote health, security and comfort in consideration with the standard of care and ethical guidelines (Adams & Manthorpe, 2003). Understanding dementia care is necessary for those health care providers who are planning to handle dementia patients.... [tags: Health, Diseases]
1566 words (4.5 pages)
- Neighborhood Watch Program According to National Sheriffs Association, “Neighborhood Watch is one of the oldest and best-known crime prevention concepts in North America (2010).”When the National Sheriffs Association established the Neighborhood Watch Program in 1972, the main purpose of the program was to educate individuals about securing their homes to reduce the chances of being victimized by criminals (National Sheriffs Association, 2010). However, as time went on Neighborhood Watch Programs took on a proactive role in helping to reduce crime by encouraging individuals to collaborate with their local law enforcement agency to monitor and report suspicious activities in the community.... [tags: Crime Prevention ]
2537 words (7.2 pages)
- Conflict Conflict can be explained as a multidimensional concept with both detrimental and beneficial effects. Most explanation settles on conflict as a process involving two or more individuals, where a person perceives the opposition of the other. The nursing occupation is one that is centered on collaborative relations with both coworkers and patients. The situation requires individuals to work closely with others with varying backgrounds or cultures. Individuals can embrace diverse values, hypothetically affecting these relationships, which could result in conflict.... [tags: Nursing, Nurse, Patient, Nursing care plan]
953 words (2.7 pages)
- Conflict is the difference between people whom due to some conflict or opposition status and perceived inconsistency. Conflict management is the practice of being able to identify and handle conflicts sensibly, fairly, and efficiently. Thomas and Kilmann (2002) indicate that conflict management is to enhance learning and group outcomes, including innovation, creativity, effectiveness or performance in organizational setting. Interaction point of view does not mean that all conflicts are good. Some conflict support target groups; and to improve work performance groups, they are functioning constructive conflict.... [tags: Management, Conflict, Conflict management]
803 words (2.3 pages)
- In stage three the, conflict from stage two has been resolved and now there is more effective conflict management among the team. There is a higher level of trust and commitment because we were able to solve the conflicts from stage two and there is more of a willingness to cooperate (Wheelan 2016). The goal of this stage is to further cooperation and more clearly define roles and organization of the team (Wheelan 2016). There is less competition or desire for status at this point and there is more open communication, positive relationship building, and focus on the task at hand (Wheelan 2016).... [tags: Conflict, Debut albums, Time, The A-Team]
702 words (2 pages)
- My main conflict management style is collaboration. Collaboration entails working with parties to come up with a mutually friendly resolution. The win-win method could help reduce tension and advance morale through stressing the importance of every worker’s perspective. Collaboration can promote teamwork and innovation. But, it might take considerable effort and time to attain an applicable solution. Conflict management experts support collaboration as the most practical approach to resolving a conflict over crucial issues.... [tags: Conflict, Management, Conflict management]
770 words (2.2 pages)